BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How do we get Venkys out?

rovers11

Everything should be done to make it as difficult as possible for them to raise any finance on the backs of BRFC. The less indebted we are the better chance we might have of finding new owners.

Reported in todays Lancs Telegraph....

"Co owner Venkatesh Rao is understood to be in the middle east attempting to negotiate a new finance deal as Venkys look to finalise a budget ahead of the January transfer window"

Surely we would have a better chance of persuading Barclays, rather than some obscure Middle East finance house, that administration is our best bet to ultimately wrestle control of OUR club away from these Indian muppets?

For the future long term good of Blackburn Rovers (BRFC 2012 Limited?) any new finance should be resisted.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think there is a shred of evidence to back up the conspiracy theories. The problems are Venkys don't have a clue about football and are not prepared to invest in the club. Forget the conspiracy theories.

You know this, how?

Myles Anderson, Bruno Ribeiro. Steve Kean as manager. No chairman.

There obviously HAS been something strange going on. It might not be the Venky's, but there's no smoke without at least a tiny bit of fire...

A boycott won't work, because at best a few hundred would join in.

I think this would have been the case a few weeks ago. However, now the LET are on board and pushing for Venkys removal if kean stays - then a campaign recommending a boycott through the LET, perhaps backed by J Straw/W. Wild etc, Would be hugely supported.

When is the next sky game?

The only way to show Venky's they are no longer welcome at Ewood is through a show of force and anger.

And that will mean a mass pitch invasion at the next home match preferably during the match bringing it to a halt and forcing it to be cancelled.

The worldwide TV publicity might just hit home with the family in Pune that Rovers matter to the people of Blackburn and that fans want them out.

The alternative such as boycotting matches is a waste of time in my view : the Premier League and media will see the wide open terraces as another example of a low fanbase and a support that has given up and could not care less. And the Pune people will probably shrug their shoulders and say, so what ?

If fans care about the club and our plight this needs to get ugly, and manning the barricades in protest is the best way to do it.

Mass protest is the only way. Even if they try and stop it the publicity of the security force will be enough.

I think on a signal the mass grouping at the walls and fences may be enough to get major publicity.

CHAMPIONSHIP >>>NOT CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!

Funnily enough Jim, I was waiting for you to start the ball rolling on Saturday. What went wrong?

Far too old as I said before. Did my bit fighting Jim Iley 35 years ago - it's up to the younger generation now.

Do you care and do you have the will ?

Not sure if this is the right place to do it (not certain of anything anymore!) but here are some cuttings from recent press articles as I've tried to figure out the truth.

The Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8971939/Mark-Hughes-seeks-transfer-assurances-from-Blackburn-Rovers-before-replacing-Steve-Kean.html

....sources close to Hughes insist that the former Manchester City and Fulham manager would require firm assurances over transfer policy and the running of Blackburn before considering a return to the club he left in May 2008, the Welshman has not ruled out the prospect of replacing Kean. GOOD.

Gallacher’s concerns over the running of the club are shared by many of the staff at Ewood Park. Venky’s continue to be absentee owners, with deputy chief executive Paul Hunt and sporting director Simon Hunt the most senior figures based at Ewood Park, yet all decisions are made in India, with club personnel regularly bemoaning the inability to contact the Venky’s hierarchy or act without their prior authority. JESUS!

Under Venky’s, Blackburn have raised £22.8million from player sales and spent £19 million, ensuring a surplus of £3.8 million. I COULD HAVE MADE LOADS MORE BY SELLING AND STILL ACHIEVED BOTTOM PLACE DOH.

Of greater concern to supporters, however, is the club owing at least £21million to Barclays Bank.......the emergence of documents that revealed that money had been borrowed from Barclays and secured against future Premier League earnings. BARCLAYS MUST BE SOOO STUPID. I SHOULD HAVE APPROACHED THEM FIRST - only 3 million to find and I'd own a PL Club. Please don't use that word again -ever!

The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-steve-kean?newsfeed=true

Blackburn, run in such an odd, remote manner, should look for a new chairman to restore football knowledge and firm leadership errr Did we not have one of the best in the league and made him order training kit?

Even Burnley supporters, ...... must have stopped enjoying the joke by now. :wacko:

one could hardly fail to be impressed by the sheer scope of the Blackburn crowd's frustration You've spottted it then!

There were also Venky's Out slogans, and even the odd Anderson Out demand, relating to the agent, Jerome, who, according to Sir Alex Ferguson, couldn't pick his nose, :lol: yet appears to be involved in picking which players and coaches Blackburn go for. FEEL SICK

to judge by their record, the Blackburn owners are as likely to plump for Paul Clement (Kean's assistant) Laughing stock!

One may even argue Kean ought to stay, since he still has the players on his side :!: :!: and with a bit of luck and judicious spending in January another escape may still be possible. Always assuming the Rovers owners are capable of judicious spending, or are even willing to put their hands in their pockets at all Fat Chance of that.

Blackburn has had a year of puppet-governance, and decided enough is enoughYou got that bit right.

Anyone else hear Paul Robinson had a rant at Kean at the Bolton H/T and led the team out of the talk?

Mirror

Mark Hughes is reportedly expected to turn down a chance to succeed Steve Kean as Blackburn Rovers manager due to a lack of assurances. Not Surprised.

I found this on the net http://www.rovers.co.uk/staticFiles/13/64/0,,10303~156691,00.pdf

It's the original takeover document - surely there should have been terms the trust put in to stop debt being accumilated against possible future revenues. JW would have wanted that.

:rock:

I found this on the net http://www.rovers.co.uk/staticFiles/13/64/0,,10303~156691,00.pdf

It's the original takeover document - surely there should have been terms the trust put in to stop debt being accumilated against possible future revenues. JW would have wanted that.

:rock:

Commenting on the Offer, Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky's, said:

“We are very proud to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions. Going forward we plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand. We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run clubs within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has full support of the Walker Trustees, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full support."

I feel sick after reading the parts I highlighted.

India start a test series in Australia on Boxing Day. Maybe some of our Aussie posters would do the honours?

There will be a couple of RIP BRFC Venky's = Scum banners/posters going to the test in Perth between the 13-17th Jan. Not going myself because Cricket bores the hell out of me but arranged for a couple of mates to take them along.

They seem beyond reproach. I think the best course of action is to target Indian ownership full stop. The implication is that the involvement of Indian business is detrimental, in this case effectively destroying what was a well run family club in little over a year. The hope is that the Indian political elite and the sound Indian companies out there recognise that Venkys are giving India a bad name and then put them under pressure to do the right thing.

Second is to petition the Premier League to prevent parachute payments from leaving the game.

Second is to petition the Premier League to prevent parachute payments from leaving the game.

Yes but sometimes you have to pay a lot in agents fees to move players on don't you?

Come on, get with the programme isBs, that's where the real fun is.

Far too old as I said before. Did my bit fighting Jim Iley 35 years ago - it's up to the younger generation now.

Do you care and do you have the will ?

Yes I do care. I've been involved in the protests. Protesting within certain parameters (that Glen has done well to ensure adherence to) is perfectly legal and one of our few rights (or privileges). Although the idea of protesting needing permission fits neatly into "the law is an ass" category.

I have a job where a criminal record would make me unemployed. As much as I love my football club, I love my family more. Call that an excuse if you like.

The world has moved on since the Iley days and 'convictions' these days are simply a stat which police are measured against. They wouldn't think twice about making a collar for a pitch invader.

You may be right, a pitch invasion might work. However, given what has happened to date, I actually doubt it would make a dent in Venkys' thick hides. In fact, it would play right into Venkys, Kean's and the media's hands. They flit happily between laughing at Kean and lambasting at the fans, and would think nothing of poking fun at the revolting northerners. It would nicely give Kean even more sympathy.

I don't know what the answer is but please don't suggest things for others that you won't do yourself, even if you did do it 40 years ago. Thanks but that was a different era.

There will be a couple of RIP BRFC Venky's = Scum banners/posters going to the test in Perth between the 13-17th Jan. Not going myself because Cricket bores the hell out of me but arranged for a couple of mates to take them along.

As somebody who went to the WACA this time last year for the Ashes, I find the first sentence great to read. The second sentence i don't!!

Very good. pity you don't like cricket as it's the opposite emotion of following Rovers at the moment with Lancashire the reigning English champs.

As somebody who went to the WACA this time last year for the Ashes, I find the first sentence great to read. The second sentence i don't!!

Can think of lots of better things to do than spend 3/4 days sat around watching somebody try to hit a ball with a stick :)

Archived