BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protests v Fulham

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good effort by the lad in the 5th picture down here.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086359/Steve-Kean-interview-Matt-Lawton.html

Dunno how many names he got but he was on the protest all night getting people to sign his petition and still outside the ground with his petition today.

Credit where it's due.

I must echo these sentiments! Stuart was at the 24 hour protest for the full 24 hours, then he went up to the brown cow straight away and continued to get signatures from those people who came for the march, all in all i believe he collected around 400 names.

Absolute credit must go to him for his dedication this weekend. Top bloke.

I must echo these sentiments! Stuart was at the 24 hour protest for the full 24 hours, then he went up to the brown cow straight away and continued to get signatures from those people who came for the march, all in all i believe he collected around 400 names.

Absolute credit must go to him for his dedication this weekend. Top bloke.

I'd expect nothing less from a man who's name originates from Scotland. :P

I was at the game on Saturday having been protesting Friday night (I run a car park near Ewood so I couldn't attend the marches) and I was astounded at just how many people scoffed at me for being at the 24hr protest.

The general consensus from many fans appeared to be 'what difference does it make, they aren't listening!'

I am stunned that so many fans seem willing to allow our club to plummet towards relegation and administration without at least making a stand. Why would people allow this to happen? Do they not recognise the serious situation the club is in?

I just think its strange that people seem completely unaware of the situation unfolding at Ewood, yet they claim that they love the club and would be devastated if we were to be relegated. I wonder if people just assume that if we go down, we would bounce straight back up again, and are unable to grasp the perilous situation that we find ourselves in both on the field, but far more importantly, off it.

Just wondered how many people on here are of the opinion that no protests should be taking place, or that they are pointless. And if so what suggestions would people make to try to save our club?

I was on the march from havelock too and tbh i was a little disappointed with the numbers at first then when we saw all those from brown cow and it was amazing !! well done to everyone

Does anyone know where i can get a protest t-shirt and scarf for me and my lad? Cheers.

Don't know about a T shirt but if it's a black and yellow scarf and you go to games, the bloke who sells badges etc just over the bridge from the Aqueduct before home games has had a good stock of scarves for the past couple of home games.

On the protests, I can see the (very limited) argument of those that say no-one's listening. But as I think I've said before, if they hadn't happened they'd be starting now so we'd be 6 months behind where things are now. Also without the protests getting local and national media attention, I wonder if the troubles the club is in would be getting the attention it is now (OK things could be better, but they could be much much worse)?

Finally, a big thanks to Glen and every protester for things like the marches and 24 hour protest : as said above they're making sure the media pay attention even if India is silent for the time being.

In my view the protests are working to a degree, in that the club's situation is getting quite a bit of media attention now, the LET has finally gotten off the fence and people are generally in agreement that Venky's are very poor owners. The heat is being put on people like Jerome Anderson and more and more information is coming to light.

I think what is frustrating is 1) there seems to be a concerted effort by the media to discredit and lampoon the Rovers fans regarding the valid protesting against Kean and 2) The protests are having to continue for so long, because the owners are not responding to it and haven't yet removed Kean or got a grip of the situation. In most other clubs Kean would have gone and the owners would have communicated better.

Hats off to Glen and co for making it all happen. We are seeing progress now and the protestors should be proud about standing up for the club.

Does anyone know where i can get a protest t-shirt and scarf for me and my lad? Cheers.

few options here pal, if you're on facebook or twitter i can put you in contact with the bloke who stocks them and can arrange you to collect up at the brown cow, there are a few listings on ebay if theyre still active, as previously posted gift print in accrington also make them too.

few options here pal, if you're on facebook or twitter i can put you in contact with the bloke who stocks them and can arrange you to collect up at the brown cow, there are a few listings on ebay if theyre still active, as previously posted gift print in accrington also make them too.

Cheers bud. I'll use FB to contact him.

I managed an hour or so at the protest on Friday teatime, and arrived just in time to make the end of the march. I was amazed there were not more on both occasions - but then a guy i know who has had a season ticket for years was asking me what was going on and knew nothing about the letter that has come out or any of the stuff that we know is going on behind the scenes. This is not someone who doesn't know one end of a computer from the other - he could find out everything I know, which is far less than many of you - if he wanted to, but you have the impression that he just doesn't wnat to know because then he might have to try to do something about it and I think there are a lot like that. I haven't done as much as I could but I've done a lot more than many and I won't be ashamed of myself if we go down/into admin or whatever. Many folks will be but it will be too late then.

Archived