BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protests v Fulham

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally time for my king size bedsheet "Lpool had it bad with cowboys. Indians are worse" banner to make an appearance. Coming soon to a Havelock march and Darwen End stand near you!

Stay classy that could be interpreted badly

How and by whom? Fans of the Village People perhaps?

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/humour_1?q=humour

Whether you choose to classify it sardonic or wry is open to debate Tom. Either way it's all to often a stranger on here unfortunately.

The Police have informed us the March's must set off at 1.15 and finished by 2pm, They have used Jerome Anderson's name as the reason, due to the anger his interview has cause,

Have you got that in writing Glen? That'd make another good flyer to hand to the press and media. Don't let that bstard dust his fingerprints off this unholy mess quite so easily. Lets turn that nauseating interview into his career obituary.

He wouldn't need to sob to the police - they're not daft. If a large number of people were present togehter when he turned up it could get nasty very quickly and the police could easily find themselves with a situation they can't control. we don't want that but what i don't understand is why they don't get him in early or preferably tell him to stay at home as there's no point in his being there. He's not a fan, his son won't play and 15 000 people don't want him anywhere near the place anyway.

Nobodies said he'll be at Ewood have they gumboots?

Is there any reason why we're not focusing on the board members at Ewood, the likes of Paul Hunt and Vinny Rao.

You mean "Venky's man at Ewood" their main man Venny? Vinny? Vineeth Errabelly. Club Secretary and Director. Aged? 24 years.

The current Board is made up of Bob Coar, the two Hunts, Vinny, Reddy Gandhi Babu and Mahesh Kumar Gupta.

I think we've beyond beyond petitions for a long time now; If the club can ignore sit-ins, marches and adverse media coverage for this long I don't think they'd pay attention to something like this. Who would you give the petition to that cares/can do anything?

There should be one petition and one petition only. On line and a protest aimed at overseas ownership of English football clubs. The issues at BRFC, Lpool, MU and Portsmouth could be examples. Drag the big clubs in and 100,000 could easily be reached. Make no mistake this situation is not restricted to BRFC. There are many concerns even at City and Chelsea over what will happen when the owners tire of their trinkets.

Maybe Graham Jones could help put this together in a manner which will be most effective.

Should we not remain outside After Kick off. I know its been put down as an idea before, but in light of this weeks developments I think it should be considered.

Most definitely. 15 mins would be good.

Problem is if there's a lot stay outside, how quick can we all get in?

What if there's only one turnstile left open for each area of the ground?

Better still.... everyone can eff off home. ^_^

24 hour protest update also, Free supper will be brought down by the Brown Cow and refreshments will be available from the salon next to Ewood Buttie shop, who has also made a kind donation for the leaflets which will be distrubuted at Ewood Friday and Saturday

I may be missing a subtle point here, but can somebody please explain to me exactly what is intended to be achieved by a 24 hour protest. I keep being asked the question at work as to why Rovers fans are doing this and I'm afraid I cannot really answer the question. If as I am guessing, the protest is objecting to the ownership by Venky's, is it really considered that the owners in India will even take any notice? This is not meant to be any way critical of the protest, just clarifying the objectiveness.

I may be missing a subtle point here, but can somebody please explain to me exactly what is intended to be achieved by a 24 hour protest. I keep being asked the question at work as to why Rovers fans are doing this and I'm afraid I cannot really answer the question. If as I am guessing, the protest is objecting to the ownership by Venky's, is it really considered that the owners in India will even take any notice? This is not meant to be any way critical of the protest, just clarifying the objectiveness.

Have you not noticed that we are rock bottom of the PL, hurtling into the abys and racking-up the biggest ever losses in our history - almost £19m for 2010/11.

Clearly, not everything in the garden is rosy !

FFS man, step into the real world and get your @rse down there - I'm sure the lads will explain better than I can. Yes, I will be joining them at some point before you ask.

John, read this and then point your colleagues to this summation (posted by Yoda and The Dart on the "JA SSN Interview" thread): 200%

Now why can't Sky report like that? Maybe even ask a few questions of their own as to why we're protesting? Which they do when we protest - but if we don't we get one sided nonsense from all and sundry - "oh dear me - look it's those terrible Rovers fans again".

The tipping point really was the Anderson interview on SSN. “It’s all the fans fault”. Not the owners who don’t speak to anyone whilst racking up debt and not paying Barclays money back. Nor the incompetent manager. And obviously, it goes without saying, it’s not got anything to do with Jerome Anderson either.

We’re going down, where that leaves Blackburn Rovers Football Club in a few months financially is a very worrying prospect (never mind the football, remember that?) So I guess the protestors are raising the issues to anyone who care’s to listen, maybe setting the record straight that there are no other “forces at work” other than the well being and future of our football club.

And that's worth protesting for isn't it?

Whoever Daniel is who just spoke to talksport did a fantastic job, best I've heard yet and actually won the presenters round.

Just heard that myself. He presented the Blackburn fans very well, and for the first time ever, managed to get across all of the points necessary without being cut off by the morons at talksport, most of whom I believ have no interest whatsoever in discussing BRFC.

Quinny was being a bit of a prick, but you feel that Saggers was genuinely sympathetic towards Rovers.

I particularly enjoyed the part when he asked Quinny how he would feel if it was Liverpool. He just about managed to skate around it by reiterating his question to Daniel.

Can't wait to get down there tonight! Unfortunately I have to stay disciplined until later and crack on with revision for an exam on Monday!

Please lets make this a good turnout and show our unity as Blackburn Rovers fans :brfc:

just as an aside for anyone going to Ewood today or tonight. If reporters are there, please be very careful how you conduct yourselves in interviews!!

The last thing we need is for the media to find some plonkers who are only intent on getting Steve Kean sacked. You can guarantee they will be trying to find the most damming evidence possible t further beat down Rovers fans. If you are asked to be interviewed, perhaps ask for 5 minutes just to gather all points together, get facts straight, and ensure that as fans, we come out squeaky clean!!

Why are rovers fans doing this should be the most obvious answer to even the most intelligent fans or simple fans alike. TO TRY AND BRING ABOUT MUCH NEEDED CHANGE.

Jesus fella surely the motives are clear now. You could argue that nothing has been achieve or ever will be so therefore what’s the point. If anyone doesn't agree with it fine but not even to understand what its all about at this late stage is just odd.

And although it may not do anything (probably won’t) I for one feel like I have continue to do something. Not to just stand idly by and watch the whole club just implode.

And although it may not do anything (probably won’t) I for one feel like I have continue to do something. Not to just stand idly by and watch the whole club just implode.

'All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing' Edmund Burke

We must stand together and try to save our club

I`ve just had an hour down at Ewood to show my support.

Counted about 30 when i got there....about 40 when i came away.

It`s not rowdy or chanty. It`s good natured.

A few press & tv cameras there.

Will try to make it down later too.

KEAN OUT!

VENKYS OUT!

Are there banners and the like?

I think the majority of folk will go between 4 and 8 or so

Just driven (well crawled with traffic at this time!) past on Bolton Rd and there looked to be about 15 people. Couldn't see any banners but most had yellow & black scarves on. Guess more might turn up tonight but it's gonna be a cold one!

Archived