BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protests v Fulham

The removal of the organised element from protests at recent matches was based on an agreement with the club that supporters concerns would be addressed by meetings with both Steve Kean and more importantly senior members of the board. However the club has chosen to drag out the arranging of these meetings by using a catalogue of excuses and have now made it clear the likelihood of these meetings ever taking place are very low.

The club’s hope is that results on the pitch will bring about a natural peaceful end to the protests, however the results on the pitch are only a part of the bigger picture. We Regularly open our newspapers and turn on out televisions to reports that our club is in financial trouble, with Players admitting to ‘made up injuries’ to hide their contractual issues, players being sold to satisfy banks, players wages being in jeopardy etc etc. Our owners have been silent for over 3 months now and are saying/doing nothing to answer and resolve all the obvious problems surrounding the club.

It is largely because of this we must now step up our protests and aim them 100% towards the owners of Blackburn Rovers. The club cannot continue to be run as it currently is. Efforts from prominent local business, members of parliament, council representatives and the media to get Venkys to open dialogue and resolve this issue have all fallen on deaf ears.

We must now aim our protests solely at the owners and question what their actual intentions are for our football club, as at the moment they just appear to be trampling on our tradition and values of which they promised to uphold.

We need to stand as one in this wave of protests and portray to the media that we are questioning the honour and integrity of our owners. The message is simple ‘Venkys begin to engage with the club’s supporters or sell the club’.

The following protests have been planned for the weekend of the Fulham Match, 13th/14th January 2012.

Blackburn Rovers Supporters planned 24 Hour Protest 13th January 2012

A static 24 hour protest has been organised to take place at 12pm on Friday 13th January 2012 at Ewood Park, Blackburn. This will a follow on from the previous non match day protest which was held at Brockhall on December 23rd. One Local MP has already confirmed his attendance during this peaceful protest which will run until 12pm the following day. We hope many people will give a couple of hours of their time at some point throughout the 24 hour, to show support for this protest.

Blackburn Rovers Supporters planned protest March 14th January 2012

The supporters intend to stage a double protest march on Saturday 14th January 2012 prior to the home match against Fulham. The aim is to run two marches simultaneously from the Havelock to the stadium together with one from the Brown cow to the stadium, joining us one before circling the stadium. The marches again will be aimed towards Venkys and any banners on show for these should be aimed at the owners and the questioning of their intentions, honour and integrity.

Further confirmation of this marches will be released as and when the required approval is confirmed.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will be there at some point during the first protest, i work till 5 on friday so thereafter i will be in attendance at some point, the second one i will be there with bells on, i hope we get a good turn-out this time and get people off their arses to join in.

There needs to be a march onto the pitch at half time against Fulham. Up the ante. This polite protesting is achieving very little. That's no slight on Glen & Co who have the interests of the club at heart and who are putting in a lot of time and effort.

Banners and chanting right in front of the dug outs and solely aimed at Venky's, not Kean. Venky's won't be in their box(es) of course, they've no interest in being here at Ewood. As Jim says, get us firmly in the media spotlight and damage their brand as much as possible to get them to feel that this football venture is not worth the haasle. Back to our seats for the second half.

To those that say we'll get points deducted, so what? We're already down. We're just seeing out time.

One or two on the pitch and there could be arrests and banning orders. Five hundred to a thousand and there's nowt anyone can do.

I've no particular wish to advocate anything illegal and never normally condone such things. Walking nicely around the stadium? What should we do, hold hands, sing happy clappy songs and carry candles?

Our club is being raped in front of our eyes. Matters need to move up a gear or two.

There needs to be a march onto the pitch at half time against Fulham. Up the ante. This polite protesting is achieving very little. That's no slight on Glen & Co who have the interests of the club at heart and who are putting in a lot of time and effort.

Banners and chanting right in front of the dug outs and solely aimed at Venky's, not Kean. Venky's won't be in their box(es) of course, they've no interest in being here at Ewood. As Jim says, get us firmly in the media spotlight and damage their brand as much as possible to get them to feel that this football venture is not worth the haasle. Back to our seats for the second half.

To those that say we'll get points deducted, so what? We're already down. We're just seeing out time.

One or two on the pitch and there could be arrests and banning orders. Five hundred to a thousand and there's nowt anyone can do.

I've no particular wish to advocate anything illegal and never normally condone such things. Walking nicely around the stadium? What should we do, hold hands, sing happy clappy songs and carry candles?

Our club is being raped in front of our eyes. Matters need to move up a gear or two.

Agree with all of this but will Rovers fans get up and over the wall and on to the pitch ? We did it in Jim Iley days but have modern youngsters got the gumption to do it ?

The time for talking and niceties is over - if fans want change it will need a full-scale insurrection.

• Moderation Lead

Agree with all of this but will Rovers fans get up and over the wall and on to the pitch ? We did it in Jim Iley days but have modern youngsters got the gumption to do it ?

The time for talking and niceties is over - if fans want change it will need a full-scale insurrection.

Agree with you and clayton's left boot. Though I doubt any of the suggestions will happen...

Finally time for my king size bedsheet "Lpool had it bad with cowboys. Indians are worse" banner to make an appearance. Coming soon to a Havelock march and Darwen End stand near you!

How about a banner that reads something like:

Venky's:

Bruce win% -sacked.

Warnock win% -sacked.

Kean win% -still here.

What is going on?

Kean is a symptom,

Venky's are the disease.

Rovers are terminally ill and dying.

Finally time for my king size bedsheet "Lpool had it bad with cowboys. Indians are worse" banner to make an appearance. Coming soon to a Havelock march and Darwen End stand near you!

Good luck - just make sure you get the bugger in (try under or over the wall / gate with a mate) !!!

Stay classy that could be interpreted badly

If interpreted as lacking class then it will merely mirror, IMO, our owners !!!

On saturday the Barrow fans and their game v Darlington held up a massive banner saying:

OUR CLUBS ARE FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR BUSINESS

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=763

(someone good at attaching images might be able to help attach a pic)

It must have been 30m long so looked great.

If anyone lives near Barrow, they might lend it to us for the fulham game??

If anyone wants any non-offensive banners / pics done with Photoshop drop me a PM.

I'd like to see what the poison symbol of a skull and crossbones with the Venky's logo on the forehead would look like to see if it might make an effective placard or sticker. Thanks.

On saturday the Barrow fans and their game v Darlington held up a massive banner saying:

OUR CLUBS ARE FOR LIFE NOT JUST FOR BUSINESS

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=763

(someone good at attaching images might be able to help attach a pic)

It must have been 30m long so looked great.

If anyone lives near Barrow, they might lend it to us for the fulham game??

banner%201.jpg

Wonderful gesture from Barrow fans, it's not very often I feel proud to be Barrovian!

Unfortunately I don't think I can help in any way, but the messageboard is lively and friendly enough, you might get a response there.

banner%201.jpg

Wonderful gesture from Barrow fans, it's not very often I feel proud to be Barrovian!

Unfortunately I don't think I can help in any way, but the messageboard is lively and friendly enough, you might get a response there.

That's a great bit of work from the Barrow fans! Deserves to be a repeated meme across the footballing world!

Banner- SEM/Kentaro Out Of OUR Club

At last we are focusing on the real root-cause of ALL our troubles. Give THEM some real stick and while we are at it lets have a few banners asking the PL or FA what they are doing allowing an Agent/Agency to control and run our club.

Archived