BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protests v Fulham

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Police have informed us the March's must set off at 1.15 and finished by 2pm, They have used Jerome Anderson's name as the reason, due to the anger his interview has cause,

Please please attend these March's, we cannot take things lieing down, you can be back in Pub for just after 2pm

24 hour protest update also, Free supper will be brought down by the Brown Cow and refreshments will be available from the salon next to Ewood Buttie shop, who has also made a kind donation for the leaflets which will be distrubuted at Ewood Friday and Saturday

Surprised that you don't try to organise a march from Lower Darwen too. Plenty walk to the match along Branch Rd. I suppose the police wouldn't be keen on marches from both directions along Bolton Rd though?

Anderson now sobbing to Lancashire Police?...JHC :rolleyes:

He wouldn't need to sob to the police - they're not daft. If a large number of people were present togehter when he turned up it could get nasty very quickly and the police could easily find themselves with a situation they can't control. we don't want that but what i don't understand is why they don't get him in early or preferably tell him to stay at home as there's no point in his being there. He's not a fan, his son won't play and 15 000 people don't want him anywhere near the place anyway.

In light of the recent news regarding our financial situation, the hope that our club may be rescued has been more or less destroyed once and for all - meaning that protesting won't help.

HOWEVER

Even though we're screwed, and administration or even liquidation is seemingly the only outcome, surely protesting and giving Venky's/Anderson (and even Kean) both barrels will make life just a tiny bit more tolerable. I hope the Rovers fans turn out in HUGE numbers come Saturday. Hopefully the media will have picked up the news that we're screwed by then as well.

Will there be or is there any kind of petition book at the protests that not only protesters can sign but also passers bye and local businesses, maybe it could also possibly be passed around on match day, i think if enough signatures ideally with some kind of contact detail(to prove nothings been faked ect..) would make for a solid piece of evidence of how brfc fans and the general public(passers bye,local businesses, etc.)feel.

Just a thought.

Will there be or is there any kind of petition book at the protests that not only protesters can sign but also passers bye and it could possiply be passed around on matchday, i think if enough signitures ideally with some kind of contact detail(to prove nothings been facked ect..) would make for a solid piece of evidance of how brfc fans and the general public(passers bye,local buisnesses, ect.)feel.

Just a thought.

Always thought of a petition book, but think it would be hard to organise

just though you would need a basic A4 size writing pad or maybe their are some kind of templates on Microsoft office(or the like) and a couple of reliable(counts me out!) people to either walk around collecting signatures or find a good location too set up a little area(main entrance near rovers store or the little walls bye jacks statue for example).

if its of any use i have found this basic petetion template for use with microsoft word that can be printed(or just used to show how to set up a basic petition layout) - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=petition&ex=1&origin=FX102755285#ai:TC006089193| .

for none word users heres a standard blank petition in pdf that can be printed off- http://www.atyourbusiness.com/file/petition.pdf

maybe anybody who feels like it could just print off a few sheats get as many signatures as they can,not only at the protests but also at your works/pub/freinds+family/etc..., can also be taken into the ground and passed around to fans around you during match/halftime, then put all the forms together in a file at the end of protest?

maybe anybody who feels like it could just print off a few sheats get as many signatures as they can,not only at the protests but also at your works/pub/freinds+family/etc..., can also be taken into the ground and passed around to fans around you during match/halftime, then put all the forms together in a file at the end of protest?

Not a bad idea - I`m pretty sure that many pubs in Blackburn and the surrounding areas would be willing to accomodate that.

I think we've beyond beyond petitions for a long time now; If the club can ignore sit-ins, marches and adverse media coverage for this long I don't think they'd pay attention to something like this. Who would you give the petition to that cares/can do anything?

I won't be able to make the protest but was wondering if someone would ask Labour MP Graham Jones if he turns up about lobbying for a Parliamentary inquiry into foreign ownership of our english football clubs and the inadequacy of the FAs Fit & Proper test.

Unfortunately it's probably too late for us but they might uncover the questionable means in which we are being run into the ground.

just though you would need a basic A4 size writing pad or maybe their are some kind of templates on Microsoft office(or the like) and a couple of reliable(counts me out!) people to either walk around collecting signatures or find a good location too set up a little area(main entrance near rovers store or the little walls bye jacks statue for example).

i will try and get this organised! think it's a brilliant idea and shouldn't be too difficult to do at the 24hr protest for people who attend to sign with a message!

The media have been in touch, they will be at Ewood Tomorrow and on saturday,

Tomorrow in particular Richard Askam of the BBC local news wants to do a a piece telling our story, I advise all who are gonna be attending to make notes and speak with the media, These protest give every single supporter the opportunity to have their voice heard, and its those words when reported which spells the message of our feelings

Is there any reason why we're not focusing on the board members at Ewood, the likes of Paul Hunt and Vinny Rao. They seem to be getting an easy ride. I know they don't have any influence but it would be good to focus some press attention on them. Perhaps shame them into answering some of the fan's questions?

Should we not remain outside After Kick off. I know its been put down as an idea before, but in light of this weeks developments I think it should be considered.

Think this would be a great idea. Carry the protest on till 3:15, then enter the ground and back the team.

Think the 24 hour protest is a great idea and should be there Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Just a thought though, is there going to be a curfew on the chanting during the early hours? Sound travels easily when it's quiet and disturbing the residents of Ewood is not the aim. The fact fans are there in numbers at such hours is surely more important than waking up the neighbourhood?

Think this would be a great idea. Carry the protest on till 3:15, then enter the ground and back the team.

Problem is if there's a lot stay outside, how quick can we all get in?

What if there's only one turnstile left open for each area of the ground?

Archived