BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What the hell is happening at Rovers ?

Mercer

Jerome,

If you are reading this, I issue you with a challenge, to enter into a public discussion regarding your comments, allowing me and others to disprove you on a number of statements you have made on SSN today, without interference I must in fairness tell you, I will be armed with statements and facts regarding previous comments you have made to both the press and media and the appalling record of Steve Kean as manager of BRFC!

Dare you take the challenge?

Heres one to start with, get your hankie ready Jerome.

38. Miles Anderson

Defender Blackburn Rovers

Real name Miles Anderson

Age 21 (Born 01 Sep, 1990)

Height

Weight

Place of birth Westminster

Nationality England

Date Signed 01 Jul, 2011

Fee Signed

CareerCLUB FROM TO FEE LEAGUE FA CUP LGE CUP OTHER

APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS

Blackburn 01 Jul, 11 Signed No appearance data available

Aberdeen 01 Jan, 11 01 Jul, 11 0 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0

Totals £0 0 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0

Goals per Game 0 n/a n/a n/a

Games played by Miles Anderson in 2011/2012 Choose another season2010/2011

Miles Anderson has not played any matches in 2011/2012

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course it does but, believe it or not, Glenn cares about each member on here and isn't about to hang them out to dry (if he can help it).

Half the forums in internet existence wouldn't exist if it was that simple.

It should also be considered that if there is no Blackburn Rovers then this site would be dead and buried too

After Wimbledon came AFC Wimbledon. FCRoBS?

Please yourself.

Jerome,

If you are reading this, I issue you with a challenge, to enter into a public discussion regarding your comments, allowing me and others to disprove you on a number of statements you have made on SSN today, without interference I must in fairness tell you, I will be armed with statements and facts regarding previous comments you have made to both the press and media and the appalling record of Steve Kean as manager of BRFC!

Dare you take the challenge?

He's even too much of a coward to let a pussycat like Andy Cyer interview him

Has it been requested that the site remove the thread in question?

I don't know but my guess would be Glenn and Ste are erring on the side of caution. People must keep in mind freedom of speech, in this country, has a price. The price is how much can you afford to pay if you get sued and can you afford a defence?

Very simple really. A football club chairman has sued a website owner in the past.

Firstly, the JA thread is re-opened .... with limitations - http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/26297-jas-sky-sports-interview/

With regard to the closing of the JA thread, what has the world come to? Completely understand Glenn taking the step to protect the site, himself, and posters, but what a shame that we are dealing with the kind of people who can turn on football fans in this way- without football fans JA and all his cronies would have nothing. But forget that Jerome, and lay the blame for Venkys screw-ups at the door of the Blackburn Rovers fans. I'm fuming tonight.

It should be stressed, we've not been served a C&D or recieved on this matter at this time.

All posts are © copyright of their respective posters. Any user generate contented (including, but not limited to posts, chat room comments and poll results) and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS.COM Ltd, it's administrators, moderators or other members, nor it's hosts or other service providers.

Is there any point to this? Doesn't appear to mean jack.

It depends both on the jurisdictional and the lawyer you get on the day it seems. We've done many many things to protect the site (including that disclaimer).

Of course it does but, believe it or not, Glenn cares about each member on here and isn't about to hang them out to dry (if he can help it).

Absolutely. The common tactic these day is to serve a C&D on the site, they attempt to extract the personal details of the users.

It should also be considered that if there is no Blackburn Rovers then this site would be dead and buried too

True, but it's mine and Ste's names on companies house.

The really small ones stay under the radar, the really big ones have the time and money to fight legal battles.

Has it been requested that the site remove the thread in question?

No. Whilst we (like most popular internet forums) have faced that situation before, it's not happened yet in this case, the move was purely preventative.

I don't know but my guess would be Glenn and Ste are erring on the side of caution. People must keep in mind freedom of speech, in this country, has a price. The price is how much can you afford to pay if you get sued and can you afford a defence?

Very simple really. A football club chairman has sued a website owner in the past.

Spot on (apart from the fact their has technically never been a right to free speech in the UK, that's a myth ;) ).

Toppers, have a read of this...

http://www.swanturton.com/ebulletins/archive/bloggersbeware.aspx

Love ya, bro.

So one example in the past five years?

Visit almost any football forum and you'll see players, managers, chairmen etc. being slagged off on a regular basis. It happens here every single day, just in this case it's happened to upset Mister Aaaaaanderson.

I'd call their bluff. If JA's so innocent, why does he need his cronies to silence an independent fan forum? There's a story for the press.

So one example in the past five years?

Visit almost any football forum and you'll see players, managers, chairmen etc. being slagged off on a regular basis. It happens here every single day, just in this case it's happened to upset Mister Aaaaaanderson.

I'd call their bluff. If JA's so innocent, why does he need his cronies to silence an independent fan forum? There's a story for the press.

Like I said, please yourself but I don't think it's worth the hassle to get these things off your chest on here. At best, he's not even aware of your ire. At worst, his legal rep snags a couple of foolish posters.

We might not like the bloke but he still has a public reputation he'll want to preserve. He's blamed the fans en masse (apparently - because I won't watch the video). If that's the case he might like to make an example out of someone. Don't let it be you.

Last time I checked, it was pretty cold in the 'hot house' but it's up to you, mate.

Toppers, have a read of this...

http://www.swanturton.com/ebulletins/archive/bloggersbeware.aspx

Love ya, bro.

And this....I know this isn't usenet, but it covers information published on or via the internet

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/24/usenet_libel_law/

Being sued, even if you win, can be costly - Guy Fawkes is a friend and life is much harder for him since this...

Like I said, please yourself but I don't think it's worth the hassle to get these things off your chest on here. At best, he's not even aware of your ire. At worst, his legal rep snags a couple of foolish posters.

We might not like the bloke but he still has a public reputation he'll want to preserve. He's blamed the fans en masse (apparently - because I won't watch the video). If that's the case he might like to make an example out of someone. Don't let it be you.

Last time I checked, it was pretty cold in the 'hot house' but it's up to you, mate.

Fair enough. Like I just told Glenn, I sympathize with his position, it's just frustrating for so many of us that JA can say what he likes about the fans on national tele but we're not allowed to voice our opinions? Why can't a supporters group make him accountable for his words?

Archived