BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What the hell is happening at Rovers ?

Mercer

Fair enough. Like I just told Glenn, I sympathize with his position, it's just frustrating for so many of us that JA can say what he likes about the fans on national tele but we're not allowed to voice our opinions? Why can't a supporters group make him accountable for his words?

Did he name you personally? If not, I'm sure he can't be done for libel/slander.

If you want to have a rant about agents in general, I suspect you could request to go on SSN and tell the world, sadly it wouldn't really be particularly sensational.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he name you personally? If not, I'm sure he can't be done for libel/slander.

If you want to have a rant about agents in general, I suspect you could request to go on SSN and tell the world, sadly it wouldn't really be particularly sensational.

So technically Glenn could filter his name into 'That Agent' and everything would be okay? ;D

So technically Glenn could filter his name into 'That Agent' and everything would be okay? ;D

"An agent", maybe? Interesting.

Not sure how that would work legally though, because the swear filter would still have "that agent's" name listed.

I'd take advice in that but I doubt Glenn would want to set something like that up.for fear of being complicit in a libel.

Law, eh, bloody 'ell.

Indeed. Even the threats we receive that we class as "nuisance letters" (where we know they are just speculative or attempts at bullying) still need to be run past our friendly solicitor (just in case) and still need answering. This all takes time and frankly really isn't very nice. So we avoid trying to get them in the first place.

I'm normally reluctant to link article on prosecuting sites like us, as it gives people ideas, but this give you a clue what we're up against.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-09-29/anonymous-web-trolls-targeted-by-companies-in-u-k-lawsuits.html

From all the reading I did last year (it was a while ago and I am not a lawyer), libel has to be against an reasonably identifiable individual, so talking about "an agent" the day the most talked about agent on here goes on TV it would be no protection. That said, libel isn't the only law we're up against here.

From all the reading I did last year (it was a while ago and I am not a lawyer), libel has to be against an reasonably identifiable individual, so talking about "an agent" the day the most talked about agent on here goes on TV it would be no protection. That said, libel isn't the only law we're up against here.

Does that go both ways , when some numpty goes on the TV and makes accusations about protest organisers??

just watched the full interview, dont no what disgusts me more, the pathetic manipulative performance or the fact that sky sports gave him pretty much a full 20 mins to say what ever he wanted without being interupted, as for the content of what he said we all know he ranged from massively exagerated and biased too out right lies then even throwing in the inciuation of a conspiracy against the current brfc regim.

one thought i had is maybe hes trying to push the venkys hand to sack kean, meaning kean would get a massive life changing amount of money and they can both walk of into the sunset together leaving blackburn with millions in their back pockets.

Finally, was it just me or did anybody else get the feeling when he was saying that the protesters had a dark hidden agenda against the owners he was 'possibly' hinting at some kind of race issue(venkys beaing Indian and all).

Harassment, presumably? Which might explain the (apparent) mention of his wife and son receiving 'abuse'.

Although I don't recall ever hearing or reading abuse of either. Sowing a seed, maybe?

Also, "reasonable" is always an interesting word used in law. All depends on whose yardstick is being used though and how persuasive your lawyer is!

Does that go both ways , when some numpty goes on the TV and makes accusations about protest organisers??

Those waters have already been muddied. Isn't anyone who speaks on TV against Kean described as a protest organiser?

That said, if you had enough money, I bet you could find a lawyer who could use something written about you in your favour, Glen!

just watched the full interview, dont no what disgusts me more, the pathetic manipulative performance or the fact that sky sports gave him pretty much a full 20 mins to say what ever he wanted without being interupted, as for the content of what he said we all know he ranged from massively exagerated and biased too out right lies then even throwing in the inciuation of a conspiracy against the current brfc regim.

one thought i had is maybe hes trying to push the venkys hand to sack kean, meaning kean would get a massive life changing amount of money and they can both walk of into the sunset together leaving blackburn with millions in their back pockets.

Finally, was it just me or did anybody else get the feeling when he was saying that the protesters had a dark hidden agenda against the owners he was 'possibly' hinting at some kind of race issue(venkys beaing Indian and all).

Unless your deleating posts because of poor spelling, WTF

Sorry if this crosses a number of threads, however, feels as though something could be about to blow.

The silence, apart from Jerome, is defeaning with plenty of circumstantial stuff :

Transfer window - understood we wanted players in early, one third through the window already

Assistant manager - understood would be appointed early this week

Jerome's Sky interview - strange timing and for what purpose, try to clarify his role in things before something blows ?

Absolutely nothing communicated from the club. The supporters deserve better.

Administration looming ? Sale of club looming ? Kean about to be finally sacked ?

IMO, it certainly aint looking good.

It says it all about the sorry state of our club when the Venkys/Kean mouthpiece is that slimeball Anderson.

He's an f-in agent!!

Please everyone - support the protests.

As I suspected the blame for our current predicament appears to be now at the feet of the Rovers fans and protestors...truly disgusted.No mention at all of Keans awful record and Venky's poor management of the club.

Abuse of players?...our fans have been 100% behind the team in the circumstances :huh:

Unless your deleating posts because of poor spelling, WTF

The full PR machine is in motion. You have hit the nail on the head with the race card about to be played.

They will not admit the management team/Venkys/Anderson are the root of all the problems at Ewood.

This is going to be a very messy divorce!!

One thing for sure at the end of it. The SUPPORTERS will be the ones holding the Keys for Ewood.

YOUR GETTING THE BOOT VENKYS. Anderson go crawl back under your rock. Kean back to the Sunday league's you muppet.

As I suspected the blame for our current predicament appears to be now at the feet of the Rovers fans and protestors...truly disgusted.No mention at all of Keans awful record and Venky's poor management of the club.

Abuse of players?...our fans have been 100% behind the team in the circumstances :huh:

IMO, our club is in tatters and poisoned to the core and will only recover when Venky's / Kean et al are all gone.

There is only one thing to do to change the approach the fans are taking and that is to:

Explain the rise and rise of SK

Start winning games

Get the Venkys to talk to the fans- the silence is deafening.

Allow Sam and JW to tell their side of the story.

Perhaps SSN will give a "Fan" the right of reply as that interview only gave one side of the issue.

IMO, our club is in tatters and poisoned to the core and will only recover when Venky's / Kean et al are all gone.

And after the vermin have gone it doesn't matter which league or division we are in - we will still be Blackburn and in our hearts at least Rovers.

Like us all this has been just about the worst experience of my lifetime (which is quite long now).

I just cannot fathom how such a crowd of shysters were fortunate enough to find each other and then pick on Rovers to crucify.

Archived