BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What the hell is happening at Rovers ?

Mercer

Sorry if this crosses a number of threads, however, feels as though something could be about to blow.

The silence, apart from Jerome, is defeaning with plenty of circumstantial stuff :

Transfer window - understood we wanted players in early, one third through the window already

Assistant manager - understood would be appointed early this week

Jerome's Sky interview - strange timing and for what purpose, try to clarify his role in things before something blows ?

Absolutely nothing communicated from the club. The supporters deserve better.

Administration looming ? Sale of club looming ? Kean about to be finally sacked ?

IMO, it certainly aint looking good.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest i think 90% of people on here have faced up to the fact that were going to get relegated with the current set up. How many people on here would take administration get rid of Venkys as owners take the point hit but be able to start again with a clean slate

Just out of interest i think 90% of people on here have faced up to the fact that were going to get relegated with the current set up. How many people on here would take administration get rid of Venkys as owners take the point hit but be able to start again with a clean slate

Well I for one would, we would get our club back, get Mike Newell as manager, he hates agents :D

Yes please.

It's the only way out of this godforsaken mess.

If the only 2 options were continue with the current owners, manager and 'advisers' for the long term future or to go into administration with Venkys, Kean and Anderson out then I would undoubtedly go for the latter. They continue to destroy the club each day and I don't think we can begin to recover unless and until they go.

For me we are going down, would Venky's have any uses for us outside the PL? No.

So administration seems inevitable and it would be a release, if anything.

It will soon be time to start again from scratch, thousands of fans lost, PL status, a position of real strength as the biggest town club in British football thrown away in a year.

Absolutely heartbreaking but we will have our club rid of the parasites.

So if they put us into administration and buggered off, along with Kean and Anderson, where would that leave us.

In the championship, looking for new owners, with a considerable points deduction. Best assets sold, left with a poor team, and no way of paying wages. So the probability is that we would go down into league 1, is that fair to say?

What a mess.

So if they put us into administration and buggered off, along with Kean and Anderson, where would that leave us.

In the championship, looking for new owners, with a considerable points deduction. Best assets sold, left with a poor team, and no way of paying wages. So the probability is that we would go down into league 1, is that fair to say?

What a mess.

Portsmouth are currently 17th(out of 24) in the Championship, 7 points clear of the drop zone. I would take that.

I would take it in the blink of an eye.

As long as it meant Kean going as well. Anyone else, it would mean their departure, but that guy could survive a nuclear war, so really, who knows?

I don't care what division they're in, so long as we're rid of Venky's and Kean, it's intolerable and I want them gone.

PS: And Agnew and various other hangers-on can go as well. Let's cleanse the club.

What a mess.

Better to have Blackburn Rovers in league 1 than Venky Rovers anywhere

Better to have Blackburn Rovers in league 1 than Venky Rovers anywhere

Oh absolutely, my argument is not to keep Venkys by any stretch. I am actually trying to understand to what level we would be affected if they were to leave. Does anyone know the exact steps that would have to be taken once we were put into administration? I don't fully understand it all.

Your point is valid, to have our club back and have a unity between the fans, and a manager and owner who we could get behind would be brilliant, whatever league we were in.

under this ownership we are like a sinking ship ..once we get relagated we wont get promoted back to the premierleague for a very long time after that ...

if they changed manager now we actually could stand a chance of staying up - thats the sickening thing about it ..

....... and I think as the thread is showing, attendances in the non-Venky's scenario would likely be better, no matter what division we're in. So for everything apart from TV revenue, which will be the same in either scenario, income would be higher under non-Venky's. Might be food for thought for a buyer.

Staggering, but thankfully, we haven't heard from Kean for 3 days, I think.

Nothing from Andy Cryer about any signings and no mention of a new assistant.

Is there life still at Ewood or did the last person to leave switch off the lights ?!?!

I'm being 100% serious here...

Can we not just join all the threads together and rename it 'We're f**ked'. Then everyone can just post about how destroyed the club is in that particular thread? That is what this forum is now, so why not put it all together?

Not that I blame us though...thanks Venkys.

I think the key to a "positive" Administration depends on who is appointed Administrator and who the money is owed to, and of course if a good buyer can be found.

Remember if the organization owed money does not accept a repayment they can sue to have the club wound up. If the money is owed to a "reputable :-) " bank like Barclays in would be in their interest to let the Administrator sell some big assets, take back what they can and let the club trade out of admin.

If HMRC (god forbid) or a company who may not be so friendly is owed they will more likely took to wind up and liquidate.

I'm no expert mind.

very important to note, few people care about what is happeneing to Blackburn but once we go down, nobody wil care anywhere.

We will be lucky to make TV at 0.30 am sky will not be interested.

I really think this is only the beginning of the end, well i fear that, the very beginning.

Depends mainly on who turns up next I'd say.

What a mess.

Or worse.

Archived