BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

Steve Kean is the most dignified man in the premiership. It doesn't matter anyway. Sam will be available soon. Probably at some point next season.

You also said that we would be relegated when Sam was sacked. It hasn't happened yet (even though it looks likely) and this was when we replaced Sam with a complete novice rather than an experienced manager.

It seems your knowledge on this situatio extends to "it would be better if Sam was here instead of Kean".

Hold the back page.

I'll tell you something though, i find your self-aggrandisement even worse than Sam's and that's saying something.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean is the most dignified man in the premiership. It doesn't matter anyway. Sam will be available soon. Probably at some point next season.

Only because he sees £££££ notes at the end ....He would have been sacked long ago with fit and proper owners ...

Two days after Sam was sacked and his job was given to his assistant's assistant Mrs Desai gave this interview to the BBC about Kean making the final decision on transfers.

So in just 25 days they had made the decision to give responsibility for the transfer budget to an unknown no mark.

However, the Raos' advisor and Kean's agent had nothing to do with the change of manager!

Yea right! :tu:

Here doesn't she also admit to a list of transfer targets drawn up by Kentaro?

The Football Mastermind

Financially irresponsible? How so?

For me their biggest crime has been in bigging up the fans hopes of European football and the publicising of our interest in the likes of Ronaldinho, Raul, etc. They should keep things under their hat because I bet a lot of other clubs have chased names that are too big for their boots but haven't exactly publicised it for fear of being ridiculed, as we have been.

To me the letter just highlights that their PR is completely off the mark as to what really goes on behind the scenes. And again, I don't know why people are so desperate for the owners to make statements and and clarifications when all they've ever said in the past has been pretty much horse poop.

Irresponsible in making an £18m loss, most of it on player trading, when we made no big transfers at all...

It is amazing - other than putting in black and white - all the letter does is confirm what there was sufficient evidence for anyway.

What I find more interesting is why it has come out now. JA came out and said there were forces trying to discredit our owners. He mistakenly tried to blame the protestors - but there seems to be enough evidence of false rumours, and the mysterious leak of this letter - to think that there has always been people that didn't want Venky's to succeed right from the start.

Looking at Nick Harris's article that released this letter - he seems to dismiss another unfounded internet rumour that we paid millions to agents to get Formica (I think he quotes around £500k).

I am sure some of the rumours are true - but it is amazing how many aren't. I just wait to see when we go into administration for the 20th time. I am sure if people say it often enough it will come sadly true.

P.S. Not a defence of our owners - who have made enough of a mess of running the club without these rumours. Just a frustration that all these rumours aren't helping the average fan - and they definitely aren't helping Blackburn Rovers.

I feel things are starting to warm up. Unfortunately only Nick Harris seems interested in the story at present. It will be interesting to read Wayne Wilds blog over his discussions with a well known football agent.

P.S. Not a defence of our owners - who have made enough of a mess of running the club without these rumours. Just a frustration that all these rumours aren't helping the average fan - and they definitely aren't helping Blackburn Rovers

Very true , but wrong doings by Venkys could be our only hope of getting them out of Ewood Park...Just hope there is still a football club left when Venkys and Kean finally leave ...

The biggest story is who leaked the letter, why etc. Was it their letter? Did they have permission to put it in the media. Has the letter been proved to be genuine? These are questions that will be asked, before getting to the letters contents.

The biggest story is who leaked the letter, why etc. Was it their letter? Did they have permission to put it in the media. Has the letter been proved to be genuine? These are questions that will be asked, before getting to the letters contents.

Highly likely that one of the 3 names in the letter leaked it, for obvious reasons, they are the only people benefiting from it's release. The letters validity will have been confirmed by the source of the letter. This is all just a back story though, the content is more important.

It's not really the biggest story, the biggest story is the inference IMO that the Board were being by passed in the decision making process and that decisions were being made by Agents, and therefore in breach of the stringent rules. Let's not discuss the penalties for this.

It did strike me late yesterday that the letter may not be genuine, that it could be a plant, that Glen could be talking about it on that BBC program and dropping himself right in it. Then again that's my imagination running wild I thought. As someone pointed out, if it was false wouldn't one of the signatory's have spoken up by now?

(sorry Pafell, just re read your post, missed the 'contents' part first time round)

Highly likely that one of the 3 names in the letter leaked it, for obvious reasons, they are the only people benefiting from it's release. The letters validity will have been confirmed by the source of the letter. This is all just a back story though, the content is more important.

Might be wrong but that letter will have been copied to a lot of people at the time I'd imagine. Rest of the then board for starters.

Think you are wrong.

The big story is the detail in the letter about everything that was wrong at the time.

Almost certain contents are genuine otherwise would have been challenged by now by at least one of the three.

Letter will have passed through so many hands - would be gobsmacked if one of the three leaked.

? So he's been passed the letter by the club with the clubs agreement??

Is there another alternative? Not worked this one out yet, as the club/Venkys have gained nothing through that letter being released.

Surely they didn't think it would look bad on the 3 ex board members?

Is it a leak if one of the signatorys passed it to him if they don't work here anymore?

Good shout. Let's not go there. It must be genuine.

I wonder what Venkys are thinking? How are they? Has anyone nipped round recently? There's not a load of full milk bottles outside their place is there? Maybe they're shacked up with the owner of Racing Santander in South America? They're very very quiet. To the point where they've stopped lying. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. :unsure:

Is there another alternative? Not worked this one out yet, as the club/Venkys have gained nothing through that letter being released.

Surely they didn't think it would look bad on the 3 ex board members?

Who knows what they think? they don't seem to think or act like normal owners since Kean is still in place.

Is it a leak if one of the signatorys passed it to him if they don't work here anymore?

When is a leak not a leak, ha ha. I would say it would be a leak if one of the signatory's now worked for another club.

Either way, the guy clearly knows his stuff, 2 stories that are linked in the space of a few days. He could be lining up the knock out blow

Archived