BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this link to an article in the LT when J Williams left by mutual consen

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8835527.Mrs_Desai__Why_John_Williams_left_Blackburn_Rovers/

Not quite the full story from Mrs Desai...

What actually happened on the day JW departed was a complete and utter disgrace for which Mrs Desai personally should be regarded with the utmost contempt.

Nick Harris has helpfully posted the relevant bits of the FA rules for as all to draw our own conclusions about clause 8b.

To wit: FA-watching-brief.jpg

And a quick reminder that the three directors stated categorically that SEM had instructed a mandate be issued without their authority or that of the Board.

Jerome Anderson probably now has something real to cry about.

What actually happened on the day JW departed was a complete and utter disgrace for which Mrs Desai personally should be regarded with the utmost contempt.

Nick Harris has helpfully posted the relevant bits of the FA rules for as all to draw our own conclusions about clause 8b.

And a quick reminder that the three directors stated categorically that SEM had instructed a mandate be issued without their authority or that of the Board.

I dont see how the club cannot be investigated following this letter coming to light. It quite obviously implies that something along the lines of "clause 8b" was going on.

Is this part of the rest of the iceberg you were talking about Philip?

Well there was an exchange on Twitter in which abusive words were not used by me and some people on here concluded I was all ###### and wind.

The article by Nick Harris says there was no investigation by the PL but it does say the FA have had a watching brief over Rovers since January 2011.

If that is not an iceberg lurking in the frozen mist, I don't know what is. Of course icebergs rarely calve singley.

Well there was an exchange on Twitter in which abusive words were not used by me and some people on here concluded I was all ###### and wind.

The article by Nick Harris says there was no investigation by the PL but it does say the FA have had a watching brief over Rovers since January 2011.

If that is not an iceberg lurking in the frozen mist, I don't know what is. Of course icebergs rarely calve singley.

Philip, what happened on the day JW left? I am assuming it was a Venky's gem...

You could say that whilst Kean is still manager and continues to by-pass the Board to the owners, we are still in breach of point (B)

Lets not forget that Mrs D herself said she 'knew nothing about football', in which case surely they can't argue that it was their decision to sack Allardyce and to make the appointment of Kean, plus make transfer moves not known to the Board.

A question mark at the end of YOUR sentence? What is THAT doing there?

Touché

Given Cryer's response on Twitter I think it most probably IS genuine. I asked if he'd spoke to JW about the authenticity of the letter, his response was:

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

@

@cwspellowe John does not want to make things any worse by talking about it. He still cares very much about the football club

Sounds like he's confirming it by not commenting...

It's a request not a question.

Sadly it also means the club have something to cry about.. those rules and that letter combined are a big ouch, I don't think the letter could have been any clearer a breach of 8b.. will point out "nor does it allow us to manage the club in the manner required of the board", to me that required can only point to legal and official requirements.

Well there was an exchange on Twitter in which abusive words were not used by me and some people on here concluded I was all ###### and wind

Watching brief since Jan 11. A year later and 'no evidence has yet been found'

It's becoming obvious to me that stupidity, reckless behaviour, over paying agents are charges that can be levelled at the owners but there is nothing illegal, Kamy has found nothing, Harris has found nothing, Nicko has found nothing.

• Backroom

It's becoming obvious to me that stupidity, reckless behaviour, over paying agents are charges that can be levelled at the owners but there is nothing illegal, Kamy has found nothing, Harris has found nothing, Nicko has found nothing.

But are the right stones being turned over! :blink:

What planet are you on?

What planet are you on?

The letter you refered to states that the FA have found no evidence so far...that's a YEAR of looking.

I stick with facts not rumours (as you have done) Portsmouth were charged pretty quickly... Cannot see anything happening to us.

The letter you refered to states that the FA have found no evidence so far...that's a YEAR of looking.

I stick with facts not rumours (as you have done) Portsmouth were charged pretty quickly... Cannot see anything happening to us.

Just my opinion but perhaps the people involved with the Portsmouth saga had not previously or currently partnered with the FA in various projects and hence easier to deal with without having to look at any adverse publicity

this letter is new and hasnt been in the public domain before, im assuming the FA have not seen it previously aswell, therefore we might be in a whole new situation regarding an investigation.

And as bryan and many others have said, there is no smoke without fire, but i guess its hard to see, with the head deep down in the sand.

Are the floodgates about to open further? Is more information regarding the on goings at Rovers going to come out..? The letter backs up a rumour I had heard before xmas from someone who works at Rovers that all decisions go through London. That's all they would say. I guess it's a case of watch this space and to quote a well known tv show. "The Truth Is Out There" and hopefully it won't sink us.

IMY has a point, philip.

Had the FA found a problem, they would have acted by now.

Either that, or they want the Rovers to sink without a trace.

Along with everything else , might also explain why the 'big tfr crowing and marquee signings' came to an abrupt end.

Maybe our 'inglorious owners were actually sold an 'ideal' like they where the Premier League - hook,line and sinker by their trusted ones.

As they openly admitted they know nothing about football.

Bet you think oj Simpsons innocent too

A very interesting couple of hours reading after getting home from a weekend away.

It certainly felt last week with JA's appearance/performance as though something was about to come out and it will be interesting to see what might now follow. I suspect there is much more to be told- who will be brave enough to share their knowledge as it seems Nick Harris is willing to publish it (and good on him)?

I am confused as to why this has not been picked up by other media outlets. However 'fashionable' the club I would have thought this would be of media and public interest in terms of a Premier League club's exec directors directly challenging high profile and generally ridiculed owners as to their being marginalised, shortly before those executives left the club. Combine this with the obvious potential issue of agents alleged to be involved in the direction/running of a premier league club and I would have thought this would be of huge interest to the press- so what is holding them back?

I am genuinely pleased that evidence is beginning to emerge of what has been suspected for a long time. I just hope that everything that is known can come to light quickly in order to, one way or another, bring things to a close- however painful the process is. The best outcome would clearly be for Venkys to sell (assuming of course an alternative is out there somewhere) and I wonder if their silence in the face of some pretty significant and serious allegations and reporting by Nick Harris/ Guardian online, is a sign that they may be looking to do that. What is their alternative?

For a schoolteacher, you arent very good at digesting what was in the letter, they have broken rules of both The FA and the PL with regard to the involvement of SEN/Kentaro and I suspect, if Jack Straw is to believed, the rules governing Directors of Limited Companies!!

For a schoolteacher, you arent very good at digesting what was in the letter, they have broken rules of both The FA and the PL with regard to the involvement of SEN/Kentaro and I suspect, if Jack Straw is to believed, the rules governing Directors of Limited Companies!!

Did not know Jack Straw had commented on this letter.

Archived