BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The letter you refered to states that the FA have found no evidence so far...that's a YEAR of looking.

I stick with facts not rumours (as you have done) Portsmouth were charged pretty quickly... Cannot see anything happening to us.

I'm not sure either the letter or the directors' statements/opinions were before the proper authority. The owners may have communicated through JA or their representative (whomever that maybe) and the directors were either employees or (by rumor) gagged. So whomever "investigated" may have only received a one-sided version of events. Or not. Time will tell.

From my reading of these boards, there are 4 potential interested governing entities: PL, FA, FIFA and your corporation commission (Companies House/Department of Industry?) who might investigate the Rovers based on the letter. Which has investigated so far, and did it have the letter or access to the three directors?

And by rumor, more information will be coming out. I don't know what "more" is, but if it is like the letter it may attract further attention from the authorities.

All of the above are mere legal problems. Most legal problems can be resolved with a combination of cash, clever lawyers and well timed mea culpas. The biggest problem, in my opinion, is the damage to the Raos or Venkys' reputation (and, by extension, the Rovers). The letter is evidence they were taken advantage of, even while ignoring the good advice of very reputable executives to whom they promised to listen. From a business standpoint, they've effectively demonstrated they will renounce written commitments, or lack business acumen or otherwise cannot be trusted.

There are many people who want the Roas to fail, starting with the owners of the other 19 PL clubs. I would guess that the media, including Sky, would not shed tears if the Roas failed and Rovers went down as a more media friendly club would then be promoted. I'm sure there are dozens of others whom I'm not clever enough to think of.

Agents are not the Roas friends either. Agents only love their bank book. JA proved what he was interested in this last year, culminating in signing Myles Anderson. Kean was in on it as he was the manager. Why the Roas stick with Kean, considering how he was promoted, who his agent is, and his abysmal record is one of the questions which need to be answered. If the Roas were tricked, why is Kean still employed? If they weren't tricked but want to remain in the PL, why is he still employed?

The Roas need allies, starting with the fans. They need to start mending bridges. Deluded interviews, R&B concerts, etc., will not repair the damage. They need to be seen taking good advice and acting proactively. In short, they need good directors and a solid manager with a writ of do what is necessary to survive or, at least, bounce back in one season.

But I suspect they are good at monitoring these websites but are lousy at shifting through the information which could benefit them.

I still don't know how anyone could doubt the implications of the letter given Philip's posting of FIFA regs, specifically 8b. How anyone can read the last paragraph of that letter knowing the regs and still think it's nothing of interest I don't know.

Had an inkling about this for a while, this letter has, in my eyes, opened the floodgates and, depending on what further information comes out, could confirm a few other rumours too.

Ho hum. At least we'll have enough points on the board to cover any deductions that could result. Ha.

Care to elaborate?

Evidently Simon Williams has "handed his notice in" make of that what you will...

Watching brief since Jan 11. A year later and 'no evidence has yet been found'

It's becoming obvious to me that stupidity, reckless behaviour, over paying agents are charges that can be levelled at the owners but there is nothing illegal, Kamy has found nothing, Harris has found nothing, Nicko has found nothing.

The FA having a watching brief to me that doesn't indicate they are actually investigating - you just have to wonder just how well documented transactions have been

The rest (Kamy, Harris, Nicko et al) finding something might be the catalyst for the FA to get in and actually have a dig about - I think the leaked letter certainly proves that all is/was not well, but illegal/against the rules? Still technically to be proved imo...

An interesting read but does anything in the letter actually contradict anything JA said in his interview? The letter does not name SEM and I'm fairly sure that JA would only say he had not been paid on the deals if he hadn't - the paper trail would be to much of a risk surely?

Who are Kentaro and what was their involvement with Rovers, if any?

Layer after layer after layer

An interesting read but does anything in the letter actually contradict anything JA said in his interview? The letter does not name SEM and I'm fairly sure that JA would only say he had not been paid on the deals if he hadn't - the paper trail would be to much of a risk surely?

The letter names SEM in the last paragraph.

In the conversation with Wayne Wild, http://wayneawild.blogspot.com, Jerome Anderson confirms to Wildy he was paid on the Jones and Formica deals. I may be wrong, but I am sure he stated to Rob Wotton during the Sky interview he received no monies relating to the January 2011 transfer window?

Indeed it does, I stand corrected. Not sure how I missed that.

Like you I was sure he'd said he made no money from the January transfer deals and my point was, maybe he/SEM didn't. Of course other people and organisations clearly did! Its one holy mess of a situation and based upon that letter I fail to see how the FA cannot at least investigate, it certainly seems to suggest an agent was directly involved in aspects of running the club.

He certainly did ...

On that 1 point alone then, surely both Anderson/Sky need to redress the balance. Some form of apology or statement is needed from them both.... the bottom line is Anderson made statements which were clearly not true. Anyone any suggestions on how an apology can be achieved?

SEM are "partners" with Kentaro , Kentaro are a swiss media rights agency who arrange the overseas TV rights on behalf of the FA for England Internationals and the FA Cup amongst other things and other football fedrations. It was rumoured that at some point Philippe Huber (kentaro) along with Jerome were advising Mrs D and Venky's My link

Kentaro website

1326904093[/url]' post='1214441']

SEM are "partners" with Kentaro , Kentaro are a swiss media rights agency who arrange the overseas TV rights on behalf of the FA for England Internationals and the FA Cup amongst other things and other football fedrations. It was rumoured that at some point Philippe Huber (kentaro) along with Jerome were advising Mrs D and Venky's My link

Kentaro website

So if it's the fa's role (as opposed the the premier leagues) to investigate breaches of this third party ownership and influence thing, and one of the companies possibly implicated is a major business partner ...............

Mmmmmmmm makes one wonder how come they seem so unconcerned by recent developments that suggest, at the very least, a thorough investigation needs to be undertaken.

I still don't know how anyone could doubt the implications of the letter given Philip's posting of FIFA regs, specifically 8b. How anyone can read the last paragraph of that letter knowing the regs and still think it's nothing of interest I don't know.

Had an inkling about this for a while, this letter has, in my eyes, opened the floodgates and, depending on what further information comes out, could confirm a few other rumours too.

Ho hum. At least we'll have enough points on the board to cover any deductions that could result. Ha.

I don't think it will open the floodgates, I see this letter as just the shred of "evidence" that all of the rumours evolved from. I don't expect anything bad to come from it because it only confirms what everyone knew and has obviously been in circulation for quite some time. All it really does is give us an honest perspective of how Williams and Finn were feeling when they were initially alienated by the new owners. It merely voices their concerns at effectively being rendered useless by the new establishment and questions why their experience is being overlooked. I don't imagine any damning documentation exists - face to face meetings put paid to that ;)

So if it's the fa's role (as opposed the the premier leagues) to investigate breaches of this third party ownership and influence thing, and one of the companies possibly implicated is a major business partner ...............

Mmmmmmmm makes one wonder how come they seem so unconcerned by recent developments that suggest, at the very least, a thorough investigation needs to be undertaken.

probably coincidental even more so when you throw into the mix one of the very few of the old guard Robert Coar that has survived at BRFC since the chicken slaughter, who's position on the FA's professional Game Board, Football Regulatory Authority and international committees are I presume dependant on him holding a position at BRFC FA Committee list

But as been said before nothing to see here, move on It's all the supporters fault :)

Kentaro website

Alan Nixon stated more than once on here last Dec/Jan that Philippe Huber was more involved and influential in the early days than Anderson.

• 2 weeks later...

To the best of my understanding ... Kentaro AG own Kentaro Ltd who own Sports Holdings Ltd who who The Sports Entertainment & Media Group (known as the SEM Group or just SEM) who own Jerome Anderson Management Ltd.

As for their involvement, it depends who you ask.

Archived