BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really the biggest story, the biggest story is the inference IMO that the Board were being by passed in the decision making process and that decisions were being made by Agents, and therefore in breach of the stringent rules. Let's not discuss the penalties for this.

It did strike me late yesterday that the letter may not be genuine, that it could be a plant, that Glen could be talking about it on that BBC program and dropping himself right in it. Then again that's my imagination running wild I thought. As someone pointed out, if it was false wouldn't one of the signatory's have spoken up by now?

(sorry Pafell, just re read your post, missed the 'contents' part first time round)

More important was wrong. Checks would be first made on if the letter is genuine or not. It most probable is genuine. But a 'fake' is a defence, that COULD BE put forward. Without further proof. The contents of the letter are damning

One odd thing about the letter is the question mark right at the end of the last sentence. What's it doing there?

A question mark at the end of YOUR sentence? What is THAT doing there?

Touché

More important was wrong. Checks would be first made on if the letter is genuine or not. It most probable is genuine. But a 'fake' is a defence, that COULD BE put forward. Without further proof. The contents of the letter are damning

Given Cryer's response on Twitter I think it most probably IS genuine. I asked if he'd spoke to JW about the authenticity of the letter, his response was:

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

@

@cwspellowe John does not want to make things any worse by talking about it. He still cares very much about the football club

Sounds like he's confirming it by not commenting...

Given Cryer's response on Twitter I think it most probably IS genuine. I asked if he'd spoke to JW about the authenticity of the letter, his response was:

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

@

@cwspellowe John does not want to make things any worse by talking about it. He still cares very much about the football club

If it wasn't real, you'd expect it to have been refuted by now - so you could well be right with your interpretation.

If it wasn't real, you'd expect it to have been refuted by now - so you could well be right with your interpretation.

Note his words carefully too, saying JW doesn't want to make things worse

Why would things be worse if, as Nicko claims, the letter shows nothing contravening rules and putting the club in an awkward situation?

I'm sort of expecting the response, if any, from the owners to surface very soon if someone HAS been leaking stuff. Could be the tip of the iceberg, confirming what many including I have thought to be true from day one. Or it could lead to a dead end and be swept under the carpet.

One day we'll find out what's been going on but at a time when it will make next to no difference.

A question mark at the end of YOUR sentence? What is THAT doing there?

Touché

CryerRovers Andrew Cryer

@

But the question should be, if JW still cares very much about the football club, could he not find a way of helping us rather than taking his bag of gold and saying nothing!

But the question should be, if JW still cares very much about the football club, could he not find a way of helping us rather than taking his bag of gold and saying nothing!

IF, and this is a big IF, something dodgy/illegal has happened, how on earth could someone like JW help without blowing everything out of the water and ultimately making things worse anyway?

IF, and this is a big IF, something dodgy/illegal has happened, how on earth could someone like JW help without blowing everything out of the water and ultimately making things worse anyway?

But IF dodgy/illegal stuff has happened and nobody does anything, this lot will think they are untouchable and things WILL get even worse.

It's a double edged sword!

If something illegal was happening while JW was at the club, surely he had a duty to report it, let alone sign a confidentiality agreement about it.

One thing strikes me as odd is that it was also signed by the other 2. Yes they were directors of the club but they reported to JW. It is extraordinary in my experience to send a letter in such strong language to your boss and roping your subordinates in on it. In any organisation that would be asking for the sack. I wonder what the primary purpose of sending it was. It would also be interesting to see the letter from her ladyship that was referred to as having arrived that day.

Alan Nixon really likes to try and take your eyes off the ball. Currently replying to me but answering questions by not answering them. I asked if SEM issuiing orders to the football secretary contravened FIFA regs, his response was regarding transfers. Oh dear.

Are you really surprised bh that? Nixon likes to appear to have the inside track on all things Rovers but rarely writes anything of any substance other than transfer rumours.

One has to ask why he appears to be unaware of this story over the last 12 months?

If something illegal was happening while JW was at the club, surely he had a duty to report it, let alone sign a confidentiality agreement about it.

One thing strikes me as odd is that it was also signed by the other 2. Yes they were directors of the club but they reported to JW. It is extraordinary in my experience to send a letter in such strong language to your boss and roping your subordinates in on it. In any organisation that would be asking for the sack. I wonder what the primary purpose of sending it was. It would also be interesting to see the letter from her ladyship that was referred to as having arrived that day.

Totally wrong Toronto, indeed, they made the correct moves, by addressing the owners, they were totally absolved from any blame as they were unable to carry out their duties as in their contract, which, despite new ownership, would be exactly as previous, as such, they would be not be asking for the sack, they would be opening the route for constructive dismissal, which I am sure would have been the case had the owners had not paid them off, this will have been in consideration for the Directors not to reveal the details of the agreement, someone else has revealed these and I am hearing of a sacking at Rovers quite soon!!

The site which published it would have had 100% faith in their source before they published it. They'd have heard from Venky's lawyers by now if it wasn't.

Archived