BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter which exposes the history of the Blackburn crisis

John

Great opportunity for the LT to get back at JA, after their solicitors letter. They should shout loud and clear about this. Make sure that at least all the rovers fans know what's been going on. [and in my mind, probably still is].

Wonder if they will?

Andy Cryer has put an article up now

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philipl once again makes some valid and eloquent points.

I would urge any of the remaining minority shareholders to follow up as many of these points at the AGM tomorrow as is permitted.

There will be the opportunity will be to question KPMG and their audit report, going concern?

There should be the opportunity to register disapproval at the current Board of Directors. By the way I have no idea how Rob Coar can reconcile with himself what has and is still happening at BRFC and how he can still remain in situ on the Board.

Administration - surely the only real solution to extricating the Rao's, without a white knight on the horizon? I do fear that they might find some obscure funding elsewhere that takes Barclays out of the picture.

Is the ideal solution for Barclays to force the issue, place us into Administration, and then find new suitable owners to settle their mortgage debenture? Admittedly this includes certain relegation, but might provide the lowest cost to a regime?

Perhaps a supporter’s consortium might look to speak with Barclays to wrestle control from India?

Any thoughts?

Is it just me that is struggling to find any significance in this, beyond confirming what a shambles Venky's turned us into in a short period of time?

The stuff about SEM is stuff we already know - both Kean and Anderson have said previously that SEM picked the players in that January transfer window.

I suppose it finally exposes Desai as a confirmed liar because they obviously had no intention of keeping the structure of the club in place, so that statement she put out when they purchased us was complete balls.

Beyond that though...what is there?

Andy Cryer has put an article up now

That's good, but fairly minimal really.

I'd like to see the LT take the mantle and push for a PL enquiry into the ownership and running of BRFC.

Is it just me that is struggling to find any significance in this, beyond confirming what a shambles Venky's turned us into in a short period of time?

The stuff about SEM is stuff we already know - both Kean and Anderson have said previously that SEM picked the players in that January transfer window.

I suppose it finally exposes Desai as a confirmed liar because they obviously had no intention of keeping the structure of the club in place, so that statement she put out when they purchased us was complete balls.

SEM were doing more than picking players LeC. They were involved in making decisions within the club. They were ordering the secretary to mandate transfers. They were making the position of the club Director's untenable. IMO, whereas it's been alleged that the directors were squeezed out, this looks as though legally they had no option other than resign

I'd like to see the LT take the mantle and push for a PL enquiry into the ownership and running of BRFC.

SEM were doing more than picking players LeC. They were involved in making decisions within the club. They were ordering the secretary to mandate transfers. They were making the position of the club Director's untenable. IMO, whereas it's been alleged that the directors were squeezed out, this looks as though legally they had no option other than resign

Without question, Sam, JW, TF and MG will have sought constructive dismissal and Venkys will have paid heavily for that, of course, in my opinion, thats why we have seen these people 'gagged'

SEM were doing more than picking players LeC. They were involved in making decisions within the club. They were ordering the secretary to mandate transfers.

Not just signing the odd player - involved in fundamental (and key) decisions, and the whole board (including the chairman), were not involved.

Problem with football agents in general, they will not make decisions in the best interests of the football club - the proof is there for all to see with our regression on/off the field since the Rao family have been in charge.

I am guessing Karen Silk's appointment was to deal with the mess the club's finances find themselves in.

What a truly moronic way to run a football club.

So could someone explain why Williams, Finn et al didn't go to the FA themselves and expose what was happening at the club?

Or was it because they were too busy signing confidentiality agreements? £££

i think Den made some good points, regarding your question lechuck.

i´ll add that this should kill the excuse, about venky´s being naive and listening to the wrong people. Not that i´ve ever believed it.

Imo it seems, that venky´s have lied outright from the start and that their original intentions, according to themselves, was actually never really intended.

What will happen next, if anything ?

I think it will be down to how minded either individuals or the authorities are.

In everyday life, you see many people getting away with breach of contract, covenants etc and nothing is done unless someone is really prepared to take-up the mantle.

You could argue that the Rovers' Terms of Sale have not been adhered to but, as far as we know, nothing is being done.

Pity we have a society whch only seems to be bothered if 'there's something in it for me' - just look at compensation culture ie personal injury, PPI.

The letter raises serous questions about the corporate governance at the club and ultimately could question whether or not Venkys are 'fit and proper persons' to run a football club.

Directors are appointed to look after the interests of the shareholders and amongst other things ensure there are no conflicts of interest, and according to the articles of association 'the directors are responsible for the management of the company's business'. The letter clearly states that the directors consider what was happening in January 2011 was not in the best interests of the club and make it clear that they have no involvement in running the club.

Jerome Anderson states 'In January 2011 I was requested by the Owners to assist the club during that transfer window'

We know that the Venky's were inexperienced in owning/managing a football club which they had purchased only six weeks before. So we have a simple question for Venky's.

Who in January 2011 was running the club and why did you deem it in the best interests of the club (and who advised you) to bypass one of the most respected and experienced football club manangement boards in the decision making?

The letter raises serous questions about the corporate governance at the club and ultimately could question whether or not Venkys are 'fit and proper persons' to run a football club.

Directors are appointed to look after the interests of the shareholders and amongst other things ensure there are no conflicts of interest, and according to the articles of association 'the directors are responsible for the management of the company's business'. The letter clearly states that the directors consider what was happening in January 2011 was not in the best interests of the club and make it clear that they have no involvement in running the club.

Jerome Anderson states 'In January 2011 I was requested by the Owners to assist the club during that transfer window'

We know that the Venky's were inexperienced in owning/managing a football club which they had purchased only six weeks before. So we have a simple question for Venky's.

Who in January 2011 was running the club and why did you deem it in the best interests of the club (and who advised you) to bypass one of the most respected and experienced football club manangement boards in the decision making?

It is a good point but what about the here and now.

Are the current directors following corporate governance, they must be feeling twitchy at least.

Are they going to make a stand against the owners and how they want the club run?

If not, they better start covering their backsides.

I think the letter is just one small item to come out but it is catalyst that untangles the Venky reign at Ewood

Kean is also very busy telling the world that Samba is going nowhere, cue phone call from Mrs D, "Steve, shut the (Please don't use that word again) up and take the money from the Samba sale, don't worry we will sort the board out"

Quite a few came to that conclusion well over a year ago.

So could someone explain why Williams, Finn et al didn't go to the FA themselves and expose what was happening at the club?

Or was it because they were too busy signing confidentiality agreements? £££

Can't blame em. Look whats happened to Mike Newell's managerial career since he crossed swords with football agents.

The fit and proper thing is more about being financially responsible than being successful at football. Although we haven't seen the type of investment we all hoped for, it sounds to me as though they've been financially responsible in terms of not plunging the club into debt a la Leeds, Pompey, etc.

The accounts say pretty much the opposite of this, unfortunately. Mrs Desai's tenure has coincided with gross managerial and financial irresponsibility compared with what we have been used to.

so the rumours were true from the start! :angry2:

any chance of the owners answering to this ? or should that be owner.. MRS D is clearly the main decision maker and to blame!

:angry2:

You sound surprised, look at the track record of indvidual(s) involved.

so the rumours were true from the start! :angry2:

any chance of the owners answering to this ? or should that be owner.. MRS D is clearly the main decision maker and to blame!

:angry2:

She was ably supported in her gross mismanagement by the likes of you remember zaccaius. Your hatred of Allardyce and support for Kean showed last year that your opinions are worthless. How do you like life with Kean and the Venkeys and without the Trust and Allardyce now?

You must feel such a fool now I'm suprised that you still post on here.

She was ably supported in her gross mismanagement by the likes of you remember zaccaius. Your hatred of Allardyce and support for Kean showed last year that your opinions are worthless. How do you like life with Kean and the Venkeys and without the Trust and Allardyce now?

You must feel such a fool now I'm suprised that you still post on here.

You're the one who should feel guilty. Everytime you post the words "Sam" or "Allardyce" a football fairy dies.

That "Are Blackburn Fans the worst?" tag was just plain retarded.

Heysel, Hillsborough. Two words that would have put the OTT reactions to our protests into context.

I'm looking forward to the day that we can demand an apology from the likes of the Beeb and Sky for their blatant anti-Rovers agenda and expose them for the pathetic, unprofessional and downright insulting attitude they have taken against us.

+100

[/u][/b]

It is a good point but what about the here and now.

Are the current directors following corporate governance, they must be feeling twitchy at least.

Are they going to make a stand against the owners and how they want the club run?

If not, they better start covering their backsides.

I think the letter is just one small item to come out but it is catalyst that untangles the Venky reign at Ewood

Kean is also very busy telling the world that Samba is going nowhere, cue phone call from Mrs D, "Steve, shut the (Please don't use that word again) up and take the money from the Samba sale, don't worry we will sort the board out"

I imagine the scenario to be Mrs D says to him on Monday, "No Mr Kean, I assure you we will not let him leave under no circumstances. You have my word, I swear on the eyes of my brothers and the hairs on my lip Mr Samba will be shackled to the club until it is appropriate that you, and you only, say he goes".

Tues: Blackburn accept an undisclosed bid for captain Chris Samba.

You're the one who should feel guilty. Everytime you post the words "Sam" or "Allardyce" a football fairy dies.

Ah Bucky what a timely retort...... (Link not good so previous page Post 895)

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/24454-sam-allardyce-messiah-or-simply-a-good-manager/page__view__findpost__p__1059799

Mrs Desai's actions have "Paid off" :wstu:

If thats an example of the high IQ that you claim to possess then all I can say is that if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off! :P

As for you Jackson.... You want some too do you? My links are endless. ;) Your glee that the coming of the Venkeys and the appointment of the new manager brought about the sacking of Allardyce was well documented. In your own small way Anderson has operated the likes of you, bucky, zaccarius etc etc etc just like Harry Corbett operates Sooty! :o

What is it they say about Fools rushing in where Angels fear to tread? Good grief do we have our share of those?

Archived