BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

You are taking the preverbial hesfromburn.

Please dont wind me up with comments like this .

Actually im letting frustration get in the way. Footballs about differing opinions.

I know it's difficult to pick certain players out for such a performance but Dann was once again utter garbage. Is this guy a footballer? He would be lucky to make it in league two.

If andrews and perdersen get booed. This guy deserves dragging off the pitch!! Every time I have seen him he has been useless, has no attributes for a defender. How old is he 59? Moves like it

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackburn boss Steve Kean:

"It's a difficult day for us because it's a difficult enough venue to play at with 11 men. It's the first time this season when we've been really turned over. We've been excellent on our travels.

"If there is intent with leaving the ground with two feet, the lads know the rules and you have to slide with one foot.

"We wanted to stay in the game after scoring, and not let the opposition get back in, but we forced it and let Arsenal back into it.

"We set ourselves high standards and that was not us today. I'm looking at the reaction of the lads with 30 minutes to go. The goal difference affects us as well.

"We've been in most games this season, apart from today. We've let ourselves down. Chris Samba wasn't in the squad today and we'll speak to him on Monday."

Our players are not good enough , our manager is a Joke ! Our owners don't care one iota ..

Those three things make for a deadly combination. I saw this result coming. Some time ago it would have enraged me. Now it barely has any impact on me. It's a sad sign of the times. I wonder what positive statistics Kean takes from this embarrassment:

"I know we lost 7-1, but I won't let the important statistics get in the way of the less important and irrelevant ones. We'll look on the bright side and see that we didn't concede 10. We had 42% of possession and 42 is a big number. We committed 14 fouls, to Arsenal's 9, so we beat them in that area which is a positive. We had 3 shots in the whole game and all 3 were on target. That's a 100% success rate, which is very impressive. We got 1 corner and 1 is more than 0 so I'm delighted with that. Arsenal got 11 corners and didn't score from one of them. So we are defensively sound from that point of view which is fantastic. I think that tells its own story about how the players are 100% behind me and realise what we are trying to do here. I know we had a man sent off, but when you think about it, if we had decided to play a bit of 5 aside the teams would have been even and no one would have had to sit out which pleases me. And anyway, I prefer even numbers, so playing with 10 is more balanced in my opinion. The only thing that I'm disappointed about is that we are in 19th and 19 is an odd number and I prefer even numbers as I said before, so maybe Wigan will do us a favour and win today, so that we can be in 20th and 20 is an even number. I wouldn't have wanted to be in 18th because half of 18 is 9 and that's an odd number. 20 is also a big number, which is something to be please about. So when I see the players giving me everything they've got on the training pitch and that there 24 water bottles lined up on the side of the pitch, I know we can be happy with werselves. Cheers."

The owners in India hear this, smile and get back to living the high life.

I know it's difficult to pick certain players out for such a performance but Dann was once again utter garbage. Is this guy a footballer? He would be lucky to make it in league two.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one with that opinion.

Just heard Slaphead's comments - and yes, he in indeed blaming his lack of ability to sufficiently manage a football team or to create an effective strategy on the red card.

The red card that came when were were 1-3 down and already heading for a thrashing anyway.

Happy days at Ewood.

Dann is ######.

Dont know what all the fuss was about. Andrews did a better job in defence than this chump, he is worse than useless. Full on chamionship standard defender he cant handle the pace.

The most annoying thing is even if we had all our defenders availble you would bet on Kean picking him.

Does anyone know why Marcus Olsson was not on the bench today? I expected to see him today and agree Dann seemed very shaky today and should no way be making the starting lineup just because we spent a lot of money on him I think it is absolutely imperative Chris Samba comes back for the QPR game whether his head is right or not it is now desperate and if needs be Kean has to swallow some pride and throw him in our backup defenders are totally shocking Dann how this guy is a defender I do not know now our first choice CB is suspended for 3 matches and Orr is just a disgrace made many mistakes what is obvious after this debacle Samba has to come back and questions have to be asked why Nelsen was released totally disgraceful management from our clueless owners.

Hanley is much much a better defender than Dann. Dann needs to be dropped asap!!!! (but he wont Him and Kean love in)

I've said before there will be monetary issues behind that based on appearences. Dastardly and Muttley will be 'skimming' for all they are worth before the taps turned off imo.

See my sig. Dann being selected will not be about football or I'll show my arse on the Town hall steps..

Blackburn boss Steve Kean:

"It's a difficult day for us because it's a difficult enough venue to play at with 11 men. It's the first time this season when we've been really turned over. We've been excellent on our travels.

"If there is intent with leaving the ground with two feet, the lads know the rules and you have to slide with one foot.

"We wanted to stay in the game after scoring, and not let the opposition get back in, but we forced it and let Arsenal back into it.

"We set ourselves high standards and that was not us today. I'm looking at the reaction of the lads with 30 minutes to go. The goal difference affects us as well.

"We've been in most games this season, apart from today. We've let ourselves down. Chris Samba wasn't in the squad today and we'll speak to him on Monday."

Keep on moving those goalposts Steve, one day we may get a clean sheet with that strategy.

Looking at the reaction of the lads with 30 minutes to go????

Oh good, I bet you've taken heart that we only lost 1-0 in injury time away at the Emirates.

Deluded doesn't even begin to cover it.

I think Givet is now out for the next 4 matches (2nd sending-off this season). Massive blow as he's been consistently our best defender.

Any news on Lowe ?

Funny, I expect he knew that when [edit: his feet were] leaving the ground. At least Kean doesn't have to tell us he's injured. :rolleyes:

Ask a match-going Birmingham supporter for their opinion on Dann as a footballer. 'Linked' with moves to 'bigger' clubs last Summer; all of which needed a decent centre-half. Strange how none of them bought him. He's average and is unlikely to get any better.

Likes of N'Zonzi who couldn't be bothered to run back when he lost the ball should not wear our colours again.

What stage of the game was that? tbh If it was near the end then I must say I've had that feeling on a pitch before when we've been down to 9 men or less and having rings run around us. Was all I could do not to see us going down to 8 and preventing the red mist descending.

My love for Blackburn Rovers is slowly fading away.

I'm sure that's not true.

Blackburn Rovers is lying dormant whilst Venkys FC have taken up residence at Ewood Park.

Keep the faith that it will return.

Is that the best you could come up with after thinking for an hour? Very weak.

By the way, think I found a picture of you on the Internet .... know who I'm looking for at the QPR game now.

Keep smiling.

5e0b1e39-506f-0108.jpg

Still here? I'm amazed given the stuff that moderation deem offensive. However no one in moderation cares if I get insulted but now you have made fun of a catalogue of genetic traits. I think you'll be away for some time......

btw All that anger! Is it cos you is blik? If so you should be just fine.

Archived