BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal v Rovers Preview - February 4th, 1pm

2k.

There are previous posts saying that after the Gooners goals went in, there was no finger pointing, and for me this was one of the most disappointing aspects of the display. When RVP scored in 1min20, all players turned, pulled up socks and made their way to a position for the restart. It was almost as if they were expecting to concede early and were resigned to defeat.

I noticed that. tbh the squad has done well to stay strong till now and not to get demoralised. I sensed a change at the end of the NUFC match. To play so well and lose again is simply soul destroying. Not sure how they'll pick themselves up cos that goon wont be able to help.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that. tbh the squad has done well to stay strong till now and not to get demoralised. I sensed a change at the end of the NUFC match. To play so well and lose again is simply soul destroying. Not sure how they'll pick themselves up cos that goon wont be able to help.

My feelings too. Hard to recover from here.

There are previous posts saying that after the Gooners goals went in, there was no finger pointing, and for me this was one of the most disappointing aspects of the display. When RVP scored in 1min20, all players turned, pulled up socks and made their way to a position for the restart. It was almost as if they were expecting to concede early and were resigned to defeat.

After all the goals there was no frustrated players saying "why didn't you close him down", or "your positioning was terrible". No passion, no strong will to try, no leadership , no hope. Just from the body language of the players after the first goal, it was easy to see this could be a rolling over, and a rolling over it was.

Im very worried if Robbo didnt at least say something? Hes shown a lot of passion this season and in my opinion rightfully wore the captains armband for a few games, if he doesnt say something then our whole team must have been lacking passion. Also if Dunn and Pedersen werent shouting at or consoling the lads after that goal what is the point in them being there!!!?? I thought they were in there for their experience!!?? PLEASE play 2 of Rochina/Formica and Vuckevic instead of those two!!! They have loads more skill, ability, fitness and work rate.

If I was a defender id hate to play vs well skillfull Rochina and never give up Formica but id love to play against fatty Dunn and 3mph Pedersen

Parsonblue's match report is published to the front page here.

It's only now that I feel strong enough to read Parsonblue's excellent report.

I've only one thought to offer: shouldn't the penultimate paragraph have read as follows?

The referee’s whistle brought merciful relief for the travelling fans. Whilst the Rovers were abject in the extreme, it was a privilege to witness Arsenal produce a brand of football that was a joy to watch. It is watching these type of players that I’ll miss most next season when we end up in the Championship.

Can anybody honestly see any way out of relegation? We're already three points adrift [time was when, as a glass-half-full man, I'd have said "we're only three points away from safety"] and last Saturday's debacle has had the effect of making our goal difference so much worse than the two teams who are three points ahead of us in 16th and 17th place. Our next-but-one game is against Man City [A]. If we play like we did last Saturday against them, they could set a new Premier League record victory!

I don't know how old Parsonblue is; but in the paragraph I quoted above, he echoes a feeling I had when the teams ran out for Rovers' first home game in the Premier League. That was against Arsenal; and, given our history in the 20 years or so before that game, I could hardly believe that players like Tony Adams, whom I never thought I'd see in League games at Ewood, were running onto our pitch.

One of the biggest indictments against the absentee landlords is the way they will have prevented future generations of Rovers' fans seeing the present-day Premier League players playing in the League at Ewood.

It's only now that I feel strong enough to read Parsonblue's excellent report.

I've only one thought to offer: shouldn't the penultimate paragraph have read as follows?

Can anybody honestly see any way out of relegation? We're already three points adrift [time was when, as a glass-half-full man, I'd have said "we're only three points away from safety"] and last Saturday's debacle has had the effect of making our goal difference so much worse than the two teams who are three points ahead of us in 16th and 17th place. Our next-but-one game is against Man City [A]. If we play like we did last Saturday against them, they could set a new Premier League record victory!

I don't know how old Parsonblue is; but in the paragraph I quoted above, he echoes a feeling I had when the teams ran out for Rovers' first home game in the Premier League. That was against Arsenal; and, given our history in the 20 years or so before that game, I could hardly believe that players like Tony Adams, whom I never thought I'd see in League games at Ewood, were running onto our pitch.

One of the biggest indictments against the absentee landlords is the way they will have prevented future generations of Rovers' fans seeing the present-day Premier League players playing in the League at Ewood.

In a nutshell. After the 60's 70's and 80's it was unbelievable to see us dining at the top table and something which no one could have even dreamt of.... well no one except the one that mattered.

Well morten says their not happy with how they performed, all is forgiven!,

"I don’t want to talk about the Arsenal game, we all feel exactly the same about that game. We went through that game today on the training ground. We are not happy! It is much better to start the focus on the QPR game this weekend. It’s no secret that we are struggling in the league, but we have to keep the focus in the right place or this is going to be difficult." - from morten pedersons blog.

Well morten says their not happy with how they performed, all is forgiven!,

"I don’t want to talk about the Arsenal game, we all feel exactly the same about that game. We went through that game today on the training ground. We are not happy! It is much better to start the focus on the QPR game this weekend. It’s no secret that we are struggling in the league, but we have to keep the focus in the right place or this is going to be difficult." - from morten pedersons blog.

Having suffered all weekend with this and being a half full kind of guy I have rationalized this as being a thumping, but in effect an away defeat to a top team who themselves were thumped by Manchester United and they recovered. Oh and we beat Man Utd. Truth is our season will be defined by QPR this weekend. Beat QPR results go our way and we are still in the game.Just. Everyone knows where we are and what our issues are. All I want is survival,by whatever means.

Can someone please tell me why we are playing in Yellow away against teams with Red tops, Pool, United, Arse, I'm a bit befuddled on that one.

Dilute the impact of the protest colours?

Kean hates blue?

It "worked" against Man U?

Who knows what goes through Kean's head, it's not as though the sponsor will be demanding it. It bugs me too. One of our few perks is wearing the famous blue and white in the games you mention.

Can someone please tell me why we are playing in Yellow away against teams with Red tops, Pool, United, Arse, I'm a bit befuddled on that one.

Venkys and Kean wanting to destroy yet another symbol of the 'old' Rovers we all know and love ?

Yellow is the colour of curried chicken ?

Oops.. I can't say that, can I ?

We're contractually obliged to wear the away strip for X number of games per season. I believe this was the club's response when questioned after we played in it a lot when the yellow & black protest started.

We're contractually obliged to wear the away strip for X number of games per season. I believe this was the club's response when questioned after we played in it a lot when the yellow & black protest started.

Contractually obliged to who? Umbro? And of how many games? The point is we usually were blue and white against Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal. So why the change this season?

Have arsenal stopped scoring yet ?

I have avoided coming onto this thread as im still angry.

diabolical defending by the team as a whole.

the same issues cropping up, as they have for months.

ollson is never a left back.

hoillet was a disgrace not tracking back

petrovic and the lauded nzonzi are defensively intelligent or strong enough and never pressurise opponents.

these issues havent been addressed by kean.. on the training field..

or by our moronic owners who failed invest any money in the most important transfer window in the clubs history! :angry2:

Getting beaten seven one is still as unacceptable under Steve Kean as it was under Sam Allardyce, regardless of whether it occurs at somewhere like the Emirates or Old Trafford.

However the most disappointing aspect of the whole dismal afternoon was seeing a senior pro like Givet lunge in two footed when he knows it will result in instant dismissal in the current climate.

Not the level of responsibility and professionalism required from the players in our current situation.

Archived