BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scott Dann

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was arguing with someone on here who said he was worth 14 million in the summer and we got him cheap, even though he had just been relegated, would love to remember or find out who that was

Probably the same agent that attributed Birmingham's relegation to his absence in the latter half of last season.

Little snippet for you all.... we actually paid in the region of £2.5m. ;)

The 8m headline was for both sets of fans benefit and is probably based on the cost to us of his transfer and his contract. As we are doing now they had to reduce their wage bill after relegation.

I was reading Paul Merson'a autobiography (I know, I know!) and he had Dann when he was manager at Walsall, he was 'amazed' when he ended up in the PL.

I thought that he could well have been half decent until he fell under Kean's spell at Coventry. You've dispelled this myth with your post. Thank you. Anything that amazes Merson has to be quite shocking.

The 8m headline was for both sets of fans benefit and is probably based on the cost to us of his transfer and his contract. As we are doing now they had to reduce their wage bill after relegation.

Any evidence/quotes, my understanding at the time was Round and about 5-7 million upfront then the rest upon completion of whatever terms where. Well not my understanding but what i read in various places

Still an abysmal signing at £2.5million either way

Any evidence/quotes, my understanding at the time was Round and about 5-7 million upfront then the rest upon completion of whatever terms where.

Evidence tbr etc? Certainly...... I don't tell lies. :tu:

........ But beware I might pass em on unintentionally. ;)

On paper, he looked our strongest signing of the summer. The guy came highly rated and was a key player for Birmingham last season. He formed a strong pairing with Roger Johnson, and it was their lack of goals which ultimately relegated them. But since coming here he's looked completely out of sorts. We know there's a good player in there somewhere, it's just a matter of getting him on form. Not likely to happen with Kean in charge, is it?

I know he did well with Johnson but he didnt play all last half of last season due to injury.

So far for us, he's been very poor. We need Samba back in the side next game, with Hanley alongside him.

Dann was at fault for a good couple of the goals today

My boss is a wolves fan and speaks about Johnson the way we speak about Dann. Maybe they were just a decent partnership who were helped with having a very good keeper behind them for their best premier league season.

I have seen nothing in him so far to make me think he was a good signing.

• Backroom

To be honest I wont blame Kean here (for the actual signing), Dann has been poor but he did look good at Brum, so did Johnson, seperated they have both looked out of their depth.

To be honest I wont blame Kean here, Dann has been poor but he did look good at Brum, so did Johnson, seperated they have both looked out of their depth.

I dont know about that. It's Steve's job to ensure that players do perform and if they aren't, he should be trying to remedy the situation.

• Backroom

True, he is totally to blame for playing him instead of Hanley whom I thought it was ridiculous to drop after playing so well, same with Bunn in honesty for me.

I meant the initial signing, most people in football seemed to think it quite a coup.

He looked a far better player at Brum so there is some talent in there. I think the fact he was injured for such a long time didn't help him when he moved.

I wonder how he would do under a better manager? Wouldn't surprise me if a better manager with better tactics could get him performing better. Let's face it none of our defensive players look solid week in week out.

I'm inclined to believe that, simply because I can't see Venky's forking out 5m+ on anything.

too bad givet got a red card today, now we probably have to start with dann again. I also think it was really unfair to put dann straight into the team after hanley had impressed so much. Hanley is in my opinion far better than dann.

a 50% motivated samba is better than dann.

Archived