BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If new owners take over, I'll promise to .....

Glenn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading a lot of these posts, it sounds like Rovers fans will not do more but will stop doing less. That is, start to do the things they used to before Venkys destroyed their love of football. Another illustration how far we've fallen.

Who is it we are trying to impress though, Glenn? Surely both Ian's know the score so is there another backer they/you are trying to convince? Anyone coming in has to have their eyes open about what they are getting into, so it can't be to show them there is money to be made. As far as giving new owners time to settle, the benefit of the doubt, hell, Venkys have done the legwork on that score.

The only worry is some chancers turning up with the sole intention of sucking the scraps of the bones but if they are fans first, even poorer ones skimping and saving! then they'll get that time. Ilyas Khan (sp?) appears to have done that at Stanley. No one seems to blame him for not being able to spend.

I pledge to carry on getting my standard half time Yorkie and Hot Chocolate.

On top of that, to show support to new owners I will also purchase the same combination pre match.

I'd promise to shout from the rooftops about the good work that the BRFC Community Trust does for the education, fitness and general well being of people of Blackburn and outlying areas. As an educationalist, this is obviously something I personally am passionate about and I'm very anxious what the future may hold for this socially and culturally valuable 'department' of the football club. IF new owners were to be found, I would love them to safeguard the Community Trust but, sadly, I am worried that it will become a casualty because banks will not see community work as vital expenditure, will they?

We'd all get season tickets next season, currently we'll not be renewing, first time in 25yrs+

I also pledge to take Gordon, Jim mkII, Tony gales mic and 47er out for a pint or 3 and I'll pay! the invitation also goes out to Dave Birch and Donald, but I'm not paying the airfare!

We'd all get season tickets next season, currently we'll not be renewing, first time in 25yrs+

I also pledge to take Gordon, Jim mkII, Tony gales mic and 47er out for a pint or 3 and I'll pay! the invitation also goes out to Dave Birch and Donald, but I'm not paying the airfare!

You're missing out Braddock, or will he be in mourning!!!

If clubs don't make a bean from away games then why do they have to agree ticket prices? It would just be a case of home teams say its x amount and away team has to put up with it?

Surely there's a % for both teams? Obviously the higher % going to the home team?

It stopped in the 80's all money goes to the home club. But share cup revenue three ways.

I'm with Andy & Gav

I'll care (because I don't right now) & I'd happily share the round with Gav.

I'd also turn up for games at Ewood that I don't do at the moment (even though I've got a ST) and I'd probably buy another so continuing my ST purchasing continuity from 1992.

This year is the first time I haven't bought a Rovers home and away shirt for many a year Because I don't want to give them money.

I'll make an effort to go to games again despite having a season ticket

I will buy a season ticket.

I will make my mate who said he would never get another season ticket again buy one

I will never bet on Rovers to lose again

Would undoubtedly fly over from Australia next year and stay to see 2 or three matches! Also I'd have enough pride in the club to wear my rovers shirt out in public!

Me too. I will be back in Aug on holiday and have no plans to attend Ewood if the Wankys are still connected with the club It will be the first game I have ever missed when I've been in Blackburn since the 1980s.

I'll take you up on that Gavin...if I can afford the airfare :)

Archived