BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capello Resigns

Another nail in England's coffin, John Terry is a disgusting individual, nailed his team mates partner, had a 1 man revolt at the last world cup which should have ensured he never pulls on the shirt again and in my opinion he's racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

Whilst Fabio has made mistakes, the circus behind the scenes is to blame for again making England's chances in the Euros = NO CHANCE

The FA should resign and Terry should never be allowed to wear the 3 lions again.

Terry is a disgusting individual but he never nailed his team mate's partner. He nailed his former team mates ex-partner. Couldn't see what all the fuss was with that one (Terry's wife excepted).

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, Harry, perhaps Roy and others too, can do a splendid job, Sir Bobby did fine with England in 1990, there are not that many good managers around and yeah, Sven's recent record is not too good but he did well enough with England and the red top had that fake sheik scandal, it's the hardest job in England, it is, all there is to it, very thankless, brings on ridicule but I think the last World Cup showed England are not, well I want to say it showed England are not all that great but Italy and especially France had poor World Cups, that match in '06 England / Portugal really could have gone either way and one thing is for sure, Wayne Rooney did not help things. I think Fabio had problems with this job all the time but yeah, for that money, let's hope he tried.

Anyway, I think this will be for the best.... Harry could maybe take it for the Tournament and return to managing the Spurs, Hiddink managed a nation and club at the same time.

Sorry, got carried away, I follow the International game closely.

I must say I was taken aback by this. I knew the F.A and Capello had had a bit of a falling out, but I didn't see him resigning. Not with the Euros is a couple of months. England always seem to shoot themselves in the foot before major tournaments. With the John Terry incident looming large and the pressure of titanic failures in the past tournaments still hanging over them, this could be another difficult summer for English football. Harry Redknapp is the obvious choice to succeed. But with Tottenham doing so well, it would be a major decision to jump ship at the moment.

The stick that Capello got for the word cup is a bit daft. He's a good manager. We haven't won tournaments because there are at least five or six sides in the world who have better players than England, not because we have had poor managers. Three or four of them drastically better than us (Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina).

Germany thrashed us because they are a much better side. Of the current crop only really Rooney and Wiltshire look like being anywhere near the quality of the best Spanish and German players. We still don't have an exceptional striker. Johnson, Young, Milner, Barry, Parker etc are all good quality but not in the first class.

Until we can produce a crop of six or seven truly world class players in one go we are not going to win anything.

Exactly right joey, however the hacks and the Ingerland brigade believe that Redknapp will be the panacea for all our ills.

Until he fails, then it will be a clamour for a foreign coach, then he fails and 'the next manager has gotta be English' then he fails...

Our players are not good enough, simple as that.

The strangest thing to me is the FA have stepped in over J Terry - but not Mrs D. Both have court cases pending - If the FA feel it is right to step into the Terry row, because of his court case. Then the should step in, with regards to venkys and the fit and proper ownership test, because of Mrs D's court case in India. They cannot step in, in one situation and not the other.

I do not like Terry, but innocence before being proven guilty is a right we all have in this country. But if the FA can breach that in Terry's situation, then they can do the same with regards to Venkys. Rovers supporters need to highlight this.

has to be mourinho for me, a great manager with success everwhere he has been. i don't think he will leave madrid till the end of the season though, which means we would have to wait for him....which imo we should do. Pearce caretaker manager until then.

This is really a no brainer, It's got to be Kean for England. He's loved by the press, the League Manager's Association love him to bits, all the top manager's in the Prem say what a wonderful job he is doing, opposition players compliment him on his tactics after every game, and one of the most respected honest and charming football agents in the game rates him highly, fans of all other clubs love him, he loves trips abroad, plus when the FA make a decision he will lie through his teeth for them.

Only downside for him though I truly fear for his health particularly his eyes and hands, personally reading and replying to 500 letters a day from his fan base, when he's appointed as England manager this will surely increase to 2-3000 letters a day , think he might have to get somebody in to run his fan club.

Kean for England!!!

+1

Has to be Kean, he is the perfect man for the job. He could prove to the whole country how he was wrongly "abused" by Rovers fans and that he is really a "brilliant" football manager after all.

Steve Kean's Barmy Army.

kean_england.jpg

Hiddink.

Big tournament manager, relative success with smaller nations.

Contract him on a short term deal with an option to extend if he wins the Euros.

Line up the "silent H" to follow on.

Everyone wins.

If Capello resigned I wonder if he has walked away from his contract. If he has, he will have gone up 100% in my estimation of him, as it shows at least he has some self respect. Perhaps someone a little closer to home should see the value of this.

Hiddink might be best for the immediate situation but we are seeing this as the "poison chalice" position it is already, "an Englishman needs to manage England", Ferdinand, Rooney and others are saying they want Redknapp.

One thing, Hiddink and a number of the Dutch just know how to coach good football, the better ones just do it, Dick Advocaat is another one.

But Pierce is okay and now has gained lots of experience in the recent few years, that much is so. Invaluable. Pierce was an excellent player for England. Cherished memories.

If Capello resigned I wonder if he has walked away from his contract. If he has, he will have gone up 100% in my estimation of him, as it shows at least he has some self respect. Perhaps someone a little closer to home should see the value of this.

Yeah, it's not like he made £24m managing England or anything.

Psycho taking charge of England temporary. Would love to see psycho in charge at rovers

Stuart Pearce is just another coach. Proper footballer, thick as a bar top, honest as the day is long .... unfortunately he'll never be a manager as long as he has a hole in his arse.

BUT.... Glad Capello's gone. He should have gone after the World Cup except for the stupid pillocks at the FA giving him a lucrative new contract a few months before the tournament just like they did with the useless SGE. So odd that now they choose to pot him a few months before a tournament. :wacko: They'll only learn when they are using their own money but that'll never happen. <_< A 'mutual agreement'! Rubbish! We'll surely see him getting paid off, which means it wasn't mutual.

imo so soon after he's been proven in court to be such an honest and outstanding citizen it's bound to be 'Honest Arry' Redknapp. He'll be better than Capello which won't be difficult but Arry will always carry the whiff of a dodgepot and the FA will have skated right onto thin ice if they go with him.

'English speaking. Premier League experience. My preferred choices would be

a. Mark Hughes.

b. Sam Allardyce.

I must be on my own mind cos they are both way down the betting. No doubt cos they aren't really part of the London set.

Stuart Pearce is just another coach. Proper footballer, thick as a bar top, honest as the day is long .... unfortunately he'll never be a manager as long as he has a hole in his arse.

BUT.... Glad Capello's gone. He should have gone after the World Cup except for the stupid pillocks at the FA giving him a lucrative new contract a few months before the tournament just like they did with the useless SGE. So odd that now they choose to pot him a few months before a tournament. :wacko: They'll only learn when they are using their own money but that'll never happen. <_< A 'mutual agreement'! Rubbish! We'll surely see him getting paid off, which means it wasn't mutual.

imo so soon after he's been proven in court to be such an honest and outstanding citizen it's bound to be 'Honest Arry' Redknapp. He'll be better than Capello which won't be difficult but Arry will always carry the whiff of a dodgepot and the FA will have skated right onto thin ice if they go with him.

'English speaking. Premier League experience. My preferred choices would be

a. Mark Hughes.

b. Sam Allardyce.

I must be on my own mind cos they are both way down the betting. No doubt cos they aren't really part of the London set.

If the criteria is english-speaking and PL experience it has to be:

a. Gus Hiddink

b. Jose Mourinho

Archived