BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capello Resigns

Is anyone else completely not arsed about this?

I seem to be losing enthusiasm for football thanks to the goings on in our own back yard this season :(

We need to get a Kean for England campaign going.

Its been going on Facebook for a while now...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I seem to be losing enthusiasm for football thanks to the goings on in our own back yard this season :(

Me

I'll look forward to the big tournaments but have no interest other times

Soon enough we'll be seeing Harry driving into FA headquarters saying how Xavi is a triffic player and hopes to get him a passport.

Saddened by this, Italy does well in International games, tournaments, won the WC in '06, Fabio said enough of this, he's being principled, this reminds me of how O'Neill, MON walked out on Villa, Curbs walked out on the Hammers, really similar kinds of issues dealing with the players though for Curbs and MON it was the transfers of players they thought they needed. I'm really sorry for this, I was never for Capello to begin with but once aboard, I fully supported him.

But face it, otoh, 3 Lions, well, they have done relatively well but not in a tournament that meant a lot.

Yes, maybe Redknapp is the new one, Redknapp once said managing England would be and I read it "easy, easy, easy", conceivably, he could stay with the Spurs and manage England this summer. I'm sure some will say no he couldn't. Maybe that is so.

We need to get a Kean for England campaign going.

This is really a no brainer, It's got to be Kean for England. He's loved by the press, the League Manager's Association love him to bits, all the top manager's in the Prem say what a wonderful job he is doing, opposition players compliment him on his tactics after every game, and one of the most respected honest and charming football agents in the game rates him highly, fans of all other clubs love him, he loves trips abroad, plus when the FA make a decision he will lie through his teeth for them.

Only downside for him though I truly fear for his health particularly his eyes and hands, personally reading and replying to 500 letters a day from his fan base, when he's appointed as England manager this will surely increase to 2-3000 letters a day , think he might have to get somebody in to run his fan club.

Kean for England!!!

Nope, couldn't give one.

Yep, couldn't give a monkey's.......though I do think Redknapp would be a fool to take the poisoned chalice.

This is really a no brainer, It's got to be Kean for England. He's loved by the press, the League Manager's Association love him to bits, all the top manager's in the Prem say what a wonderful job he is doing, opposition players compliment him on his tactics after every game, and one of the most respected honest and charming football agents in the game rates him highly, fans of all other clubs love him, he loves trips abroad, plus when the FA make a decision he will lie through his teeth for them.

Only downside for him though I truly fear for his health particularly his eyes and hands, personally reading and replying to 500 letters a day from his fan base, when he's appointed as England manager this will surely increase to 2-3000 letters a day , think he might have to get somebody in to run his fan club.

Kean for England!!!

This post is absolute gold.

Kean for England!!!

Spot on pb.

Can you imagine if Kean had been manager when the FA dropped John Terry. Resign? No chance, he'd have found a positive, probably a big opportunity for one of the young lads to step up. Terry would be giving in large for the England 'B' team now, his head 'not right' after losing the captaincy.

• Backroom

Capello had a 67% win percentage which isn't too shabby (better than all his counterparts in the past 15 years or so according to the beeb) but the last world cup was absolutely shocking. Terrible tactics, horrifically boring football, the same old tired team selection (my only memory of the group stages is laughing as Heskey tried to run down the wing and fell over the ball and Green fumbling that shot) and a crushing defeat to the old enemy.

Always thought the national team manager should be English - regardless of talent. If the players have to be English why should the manager be foreign? I think as a manager Capello's probably better than any English manager we could get (including the wheeler-dealer) but I still don't agree with him being England manager.

Another nail in England's coffin, John Terry is a disgusting individual, nailed his team mates partner, had a 1 man revolt at the last world cup which should have ensured he never pulls on the shirt again and in my opinion he's racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

Whilst Fabio has made mistakes, the circus behind the scenes is to blame for again making England's chances in the Euros = NO CHANCE

The FA should resign and Terry should never be allowed to wear the 3 lions again.

Redknapp all the way. The players like him and he's shown at Spurs that he can get the best out of the players he's got. We won't win a tournament in the next 7/8 years due to our players not being good enough, but with Redknapp in charge at least we can expect a united squad.

Capello was poor. People pointing to his record seem to forget the standard of opposition we played against, particularly in qualifying campaigns. I know he beat Spain in a friendly, but we never looked capable against top sides in competitive matches. Glad he's gone.

Archived