BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Jones MP

Mercer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we are all elated by this speech does it not raise the question as to why a much more senior politician and MP for Blackburn itself has not

bothered to ask questions in the house himself. If he came out now and publicly supported Graham Jones it would reinforce the protests at what is

happening to us. To do nothing in parliment would surely make him appear less commited than he should be to our cause, or is there some reason he

cannot be seen to back this statement.

Whilst we are all elated by this speech does it not raise the question as to why a much more senior politician and MP for Blackburn itself has not

bothered to ask questions in the house himself. If he came out now and publicly supported Graham Jones it would reinforce the protests at what is

happening to us. To do nothing in parliment would surely make him appear less commited than he should be to our cause, or is there some reason he

I think the difference is passion and circles of friends. Now mr straw is unlikely to be seen down the local mixing with your average fan. Whilst mr jones is from what I know a massive rovers fan, and is much much closer to the fans IMO.

Just listened to it so very well done to Graham Jones! If any board members live in Hyndburn you owe him your vote. If he comes in my local he'll not need to put his hand in his pocket if I'm there thats for sure.

second thing hes done for me this week.. :brfcsmilie: ....

He did say "The MP for Blackburn would have liked to have been here and would concur with what I am about to say" - or words to that effect.

And for others, on "The Venkys" he also refers to the full company name before thereafter referring to them as Venkys or The Venkys. I don't believe that Blackburn Rovers have ever had a "The" in front of its name but many fans call us "The Rovers" - which I personally cringe at.

Have sent the link to a number of media organisations / individuals. Suggest if more could do the same and try and build a bit of pressure.

Maybe worth sending the link to the Indian Financial times. Venky shareholders would not like the fact that bad news is being brought out by polititions.

He did say "The MP for Blackburn would have liked to have been here and would concur with what I am about to say" - or words to that effect.

And for others, on "The Venkys" he also refers to the full company name before thereafter referring to them as Venkys or The Venkys. I don't believe that Blackburn Rovers have ever had a "The" in front of its name but many fans call us "The Rovers" - which I personally cringe at.

I'm fine with 'The Rovers', it's 'Blackburn' that goes through me like nails on a blackboard.

Aye, Graham does post on here, think he's called err 'graham'.

I really enjoyed watching that. Fair play to the man for getting up and addressing the fears of the fans. I doubt anything will come from it and I don't see Steve Kean being quizzed on it. But someone should email it to the club, marking as something that Steve Kean should watch and make him squirm at the thought of Parliament discussing his inept management and those crooks of owners. Not that he would ever admit seeing it or to any of the accusations made.

That makes it worse in some ways. He knows that we all know what's been going on. But he can just shrug, smirk and say what are they going to do about? I'm running the show here and I'm not going anywhere.

I hope the Telegraph are going to pick up on this story-cant find any mention of it all yet :unsure:

The telegraph peaked when they called for Kean to go and then quickly fell back in line by asking easy questions and nodding politely at all his bull

Just listened to it so very well done to Graham Jones! If any board members live in Hyndburn you owe him your vote. If he comes in my local he'll not need to put his hand in his pocket if I'm there thats for sure.

I detected a few things which suggest he comes on here too. ;)

Well done also to the protest organisers.

Now c'mon Jack Straw, Jake Berry and Tim Fallon.. get yer fingers out and take up the baton. Stuff the politics this is a cross bench issue. The online petition must come next to trigger a full on debate. BRFC and Venkeys / Portsmouth / Liverpool are the examples to use but incompetent and malicious foreign ownership is the concern of all football supporters. The ball is rolling lets keep it going.

Fully agree with your post. Just wondering how you think we could keep this ball rolling. The only suggestion I can think of is a load of letters sent to FA to investigate.

Also wonder if the mention of the agent could cost us points.

Do you know how to put a link to that on twitter? As this needs to be shared so all know.

I don't use Twitter, but I've stuck the address into Tinyurl so you should be able to include this in a tweet if you wish to do it: http://tinyurl.com/88txe5c

Edit: At the bottom there is a link to Twitter under "Share this page". Not sure what happens if you click it though.

This is an unexpected but welcome turn of events. I was one of those wondering "now what?" after Graham Jones's excellent statement, but hopefully the momentum on this story can keep building. Not only have the BBC run the story on their website but it's also the #1 read article on there. The spotlight will be on us fans more than ever tomorrow so let's do ourselves proud and leave the imposter with no excuses.

Top read story on the BBC NEWS website, not just Football. It's one of the world's most visited sites, is it not? :tu:

Fantastic !!!

Somebody better wake-up those at the Lancashire Telegraphh as not a peep out of them - they are letting the side down badly.

well done and well spoken Mr.Jones,

although it did seem to me that after he'd finished speaking most in the room seemed to be pretty dismissive, it would have been a completely different reaction from them if it had been man u or a big London club he was speaking about, their reaction was basically we cant do anything about owners that are just simply doing a poor job at running the club.

the media coverage your speech is receiving is a massive plus though, thanks and congrats.

This is an unexpected but welcome turn of events. I was one of those wondering "now what?" after Graham Jones's excellent statement, but hopefully the momentum on this story can keep building. Not only have the BBC run the story on their website but it's also the #1 read article on there. The spotlight will be on us fans more than ever tomorrow so let's do ourselves proud and leave the imposter with no excuses.

For those who use twitter. It is on twitter (thanks to somebody else who did it). But the more it is re-tweeted to your followers the better. we could keep it as the top topic until the FA etc act.

Lets be honest some serious allegations / comments have been made in Westminster. Somebody from the club, venkys, kean, the FA, Prem have to respond to what has been raised.

With this now being raised, anybody know what is the next step. What can happen from here.

Archived