BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Jones MP

Mercer

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere but I thought this merited a thread on its own.

Absolutely compelling listening for Rovers' supporters:

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=9994

Starts at about 1 hour 20 minutes and lasts for about 15 minutes and covers virtually all ongoing issues being talked about by the supporters.

Sensational stuff.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thank him for his efforts but it's all whistling in the wind. Pompey's crisis has been well-documented but the saga rumbles on with outsiders powerless to act. The Football League don't want to get their hands dirty.

Or even right click, saveas then open this link which will start the video in media player and makes it far easier to navigate to the correct 1hr 20 timespan

http://www.twofourdigital.net/UKParliament/Archive/0000018474.wmv.asx

Cheers for that.

Absolutely brilliant, heartfelt and headstrong comments. I wanted to applaud when he sat down! :rover:

I bet that won't be shown on SSN!

Mr. Cryer - you'd better bloody well report on this!

One question which needs to be asked of OUR Government, How did Bruno Ribiero, with his limited experience of top flight football in Brazil and NO International appearances, get a work permit?

Bizare that one Kelbo...

1328822194[/url]' post='1223904']

One question which needs to be asked of OUR Government, How did Bruno Ribiero, with his limited experience of top flight football in Brazil and NO International appearances, get a work permit?

Here's why:

snapback.pngParsonblue, on 05 August 2011 - 23:11 PM, said:

I think - and I stress the word think - that the guy we are signing/or have signed is Bruno de Paula Ribeiro Ingracia from Gremio Prudente. He is a free agent and seems to have spent his career in his native Brazil but not in the top flight. I assume he has a European passport, probably via Portugal, to get round the work permit. I think he's about 28. On the evidence of what I saw at Morecambe I'm not really sure that it's the best use of our limited funds in terms of wages. Salgado is clearly going to be first choice and I would have thought that Emerton would have provided decent cover.

Brilliant Mr Jones sir. I feel like moving to Hyndburn so that I can vote for you in the next election. I just hope some of the journalists who have seen through the Venky/Kean lies take this on....and I hope he who cannot be named sleeps well tonight.

Found this on roverstalk taken from the MP's statement which alludes a bit more to the old board being recklessly sidelined

--------------------------

1hr 30m 30secs

From a letter by John Williams to the Owners last year

John Williams to the owners wrote:"Brian Foreman from Barclay's Bank is attending the Liverpool game tomorrow and has asked for a catchup meeting with us before the match. He will inevitably ask us about our plans for the transfer window and at the present time not only are the board unaware of these but it is has been made clear that we will not have any input into that strategy. This is unacceptable and not in the best interests of the club"

I can't remember that from the other leaked letter?

But I am sure that all the while John Williams and the rest of the board were being 'constructively dismissed' this statement was still fresh in their minds

Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky’s wrote:“We are delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions.....We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run Clubs within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has the full support of the Walker Trust, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full support.“

Found this on roverstalk taken from the MP's statement which alludes a bit more to the old board being recklessly sidelined

--------------------------

1hr 30m 30secs

From a letter by John Williams to the Owners last year

John Williams to the owners wrote:"Brian Foreman from Barclay's Bank is attending the Liverpool game tomorrow and has asked for a catchup meeting with us before the match. He will inevitably ask us about our plans for the transfer window and at the present time not only are the board unaware of these but it is has been made clear that we will not have any input into that strategy. This is unacceptable and not in the best interests of the club"

I can't remember that from the other leaked letter?

But I am sure that all the while John Williams and the rest of the board were being 'constructively dismissed' this statement was still fresh in their minds

Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky’s wrote:“We are delighted, proud and humbled to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values and ambitions.....We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run Clubs within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has the full support of the Walker Trust, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full support.“

My Mum used to say, you can cure a thief but not a liar!! In my opinion, Venkys Anderson and Kean are all natural born liars!!

Very well said Mr Jones! Top stuff.

A shame the MP for Blackburn couldn't make it. I know we all get a little tunnel vision regarding Rovers and there are other things going on but I can't help wonder what would have justified his missing this and adding further weight to the points made by Mr Jones.

I thank him for his efforts but it's all whistling in the wind. Pompey's crisis has been well-documented but the saga rumbles on with outsiders powerless to act. The Football League don't want to get their hands dirty.

Apathy like this will get us nowhere.

Possibly with the Portsmouth crisis still rumbling on, Rovers current situation may have even more chance of scrutiny as a trend can be clearly identified.

Foreign owners have once again bought a UK institution and are systematically destroying it. Whilst this may not be illegal at present it is clearly not in the best interest of the local community and the nation as a whole.

Parliamentary review is a great step in the right direction and would only assist in highlighting venkys ineptitude. Hopefully this level of informed comment may make venkys reassess their strategy and be the start of a strategic withdrawal...

If BRFC was bought as a PR vehicle then this surely has to go down as one of the worst business decisions in the entire history of commerce!

Great statement that covered all the main points. Nothing will happen via parliament to help us in our current situation, but it's another high profile figure getting the truth of our plight out there. Well done Mr. Jones MP.

Archived