BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Jones MP

Mercer

If you haven't listened to Mr Jones, do yourself a favour and listen now. Watching the speech I felt an incredible mixture of elation that someone who understands what Rovers' fans have gone through in the last twelve months has managed to get it out in such a public way, and sadness and despair at the state we're currently in.

It still beggars belief that a supposedly successful company like Venkys could put a completely inexperienced man in charge of their new investment, and when he was shown to be failing give him more control and a higher salary. Logic has left the building and slammed the door shut behind it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Jones should be applauded for his efforts to champion Rovers cause, however it is a poor indictment on the Premier League, the FA an, the media and the so called experts that it has taken almost the complete dismantling of our club to raise any kind of response from those in power to the carnage that has taken place. I am sure those culpable will excuse their actions with BS platitudes, but they should all hang their heads in shame; and if there is such a thing as karma they are due some major misfortunes in their future.

well done and well spoken Mr.Jones,

although it did seem to me that after he'd finished speaking most in the room seemed to be pretty dismissive, it would have been a completely different reaction from them if it had been man u or a big London club he was speaking about, their reaction was basically we cant do anything about owners that are just simply doing a poor job at running the club.

the media coverage your speech is receiving is a massive plus though, thanks and congrats.

He wasn't expecting an instant reply it wasn't that type of event

He was just on North West Tonight, footage from Westminister, plus an interview.

'We asked Blackburn Rovers for a response, they said they do not wish to comment, same for the owners Venky in India's.'

silence from CASTLE GREYSCULL once again! i doubt we'll hear a word from these chancers ever again! :angry:

I really enjoyed watching that. Fair play to the man for getting up and addressing the fears of the fans. I doubt anything will come from it and I don't see Steve Kean being quizzed on it. But someone should email it to the club, marking as something that Steve Kean should watch and make him squirm at the thought of Parliament discussing his inept management and those crooks of owners. Not that he would ever admit seeing it or to any of the accusations made.

Given that Capello resigned for half the sh1t that Kean puts up with it all make me wonder what it is thats making it worthwhile for Kean. He must be an incredibly faithful employee.

Fully agree with your post. Just wondering how you think we could keep this ball rolling. The only suggestion I can think of is a load of letters sent to FA to investigate.

Also wonder if the mention of the agent could cost us points.

There's a clue to that in the final paragraph Pafell.

Given that Capello resigned for half the sh1t that Kean puts up with it all make me wonder what it is thats making it worthwhile for Kean. He must be an incredibly faithful employee.

Maybe after 'doing it the hard way', he's now making more money than he's ever earned in hs life before.

He clearly doesn't make his money through results so he has to earn it somehow. For the money he's on, I'm sure most (non-Rovers supporting) people would put up with the grief too.

I don't expect he's looking forward to that final pay packet...

Congratulations to Graham Jones. He is a supporter of Blackburn Rovera Action Group, and even attended the 24 hour protest. This group held elections this week to form a democratically elected committee, and is determined to push ahead with their goal to remove Venkys from our club. With Mr Jones's support BRAG's comitted to UNITE ALL ROVERS FANS for the common good of the club. I have had a season ticket for 43 years and believe that with everyones support BRAG can win the battle and bring stability back to Rovers.

Great effort from Graham Jones. We can maybe begin to see the light at the end of the tunnell if this gets more publicity. I was so chuffed this afternoon when this came on the front page of the BBC website. The Unholy Trinty are under pressure at last.

The future????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16710949

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-16911355

"Mr Mclachlan would like to see the FA take a stronger stance on their 'fit and proper persons' test on owners of clubs.

He said: "The business of football is at fault. Portsmouth won't be the only club in trouble. There are other Championship sides in huge debt."

Might be an idea for the Protest organisers to have a meeting with their oppo's in Portsmouth to see if anything can be learned from their demise.

• Moderation Lead

Probably one of the least perceptive posts that I have read. Don't you do tongue in cheek sarcasm marky? :rolleyes:

Are you capable of posting without using the rolling eyes emoticon? Your posts had been of a much higher standard recently theno!

Archived