BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Jones MP

Mercer

If BRFC was bought as a PR vehicle then this surely has to go down as one of the worst business decisions in the entire history of commerce!

Wonder if the plan still is to open up a Venky's express in London any time soon? Can't see the Westminsterites going for it now (if they ever would have). Or any general footy fan worth his or her salt.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have one minor grumble. THEY'RE NOT "THE VENKY'S". No more than The Branson Family are "The Virgin's" Either an unfortunate slip of the tongue or poor work by a researcher on that one. That said, minor gaff on an otherwise heroic effort.

Here's why:

snapback.pngParsonblue, on 05 August 2011 - 23:11 PM, said:

I think - and I stress the word think - that the guy we are signing/or have signed is Bruno de Paula Ribeiro Ingracia from Gremio Prudente. He is a free agent and seems to have spent his career in his native Brazil but not in the top flight. I assume he has a European passport, probably via Portugal, to get round the work permit. I think he's about 28. On the evidence of what I saw at Morecambe I'm not really sure that it's the best use of our limited funds in terms of wages. Salgado is clearly going to be first choice and I would have thought that Emerton would have provided decent cover.

Surely you aren't suggesting that somebody was standing to benefit financially from this deal? Cos that 'somebody' reckons that he had no dealings with the club after last January.

To the point, humerous and heartfelt. Brilliant. I hope this can somehow find it's way into the Indian press, (and, but probably more unlikey, the English press!!!).

Have sent the link to a number of media organisations / individuals. Suggest if more could do the same and try and build a bit of pressure.

In recent months I've developed a very sceptical, distrusting and suspicious nature (now why could that possibly have happened?) so forgive me for this. But is there anything to read into Graham Jones' repeated quoting from Ian B? I probably reverted to type and naively got the impression from podcasts that there just might have been a possibility of the Ians getting back into contact with the Desai-Raos. Would Ian have agreed to Graham quoting so extensively from his press interviews if that possibility hadn't evaporated again?

Guys I will probably get slated for saying this but whilst not taking credit for this statement. We as organisers of the protests have been working very closely with Graham Jones MP. We requested some weeks ago he read out some form statement in parliment to highlight the issues surrounding BRFC. He along with sevral other MP's have been fighting for weeks to get the time made available to address foreign ownership of PL Clubs. He is a very proud and passionate fan and this has already been highlighted in previous posts on this thread.

in short whilst we have not achieved our ultimate goal a fan who supports the protests, attend them and is a local MP has put the issues right back in the public eye and made it difficult for both the PL and FA to ignore.

Again we are not taking credit for it nor do we want to. I am just trying to highlight we have made some progress with our actions.

Guys I will probably get slated for saying this but whilst not taking credit for this statement. We as organisers of the protests have been working very closely with Graham Jones MP. We requested some weeks ago he read out some form statement in parliment to highlight the issues surrounding BRFC. He along with sevral other MP's have been fighting for weeks to get the time made available to address foreign ownership of PL Clubs. He is a very proud and passionate fan and this has already been highlighted in previous posts on this thread.

in short whilst we have not achieved or ultimate goal a fan who supports the protests, attend them and is a local MP has put the issues right back in the public eye and made it difficult for both the PL and FA to ignore.

Again we are not taking credit for it nor do we want to. I am just trying to highlight we have made some progress with our actions.

Yes you have made progress and I would like to personally thank you all for that!"!

Congratulations to Graham Jones for speaking out in Parliament for Rovers. It was interesting to hear the Chair of the committee remind him that even with parliamentary privilege, it's a good idea to slip a few "allegedly"s in every now and then ! I really hope that the media pick up on his speech now.

Congratulations to Graham Jones for speaking out in Parliament for Rovers. It was interesting to hear the Chair of the committee remind him that even with parliamentary privilege, it's a good idea to slip a few "allegedly"s in every now and then ! I really hope that the media pick up on his speech now.

But they are Venky's !

The offer to shareholders of 19 November 2010 begins 'Recommended unconditional cash offer by Venky's London Limited ("Venky's" ) for The Blackburn Rovers Football & Athletic plc ("Blackburn Rovers"). Therefore it would appear that the majority shareholders, and owners, of the club are Venky's London Limited or Venky's for short.

Read what THE quotation marks highlight before you get all high and mighty.

Really fantastic piece of work here by Graham Jones-with the huge advantage of parliamentary privileged to allow him to let fly with both barrels. To have our plight heard in such a place can only be a good thing.First bit of good news for a long time -thanks too to Mercerman.

One question which needs to be asked of OUR Government, How did Bruno Ribiero, with his limited experience of top flight football in Brazil and NO International appearances, get a work permit?

Come on Kelbo the answer is obvious.

Riberio has massive potential he is a late bloomer like Myles and because of this exceptions were made. Permits can be given for highly talented individuals and anyone who is akin to Irwin must have high potential. The only reason said potential hasn't gotten him on the bench is his late bloomer status. He'll be ready for our league sometime around his 50th birthday and I must admit I can't wait to see our team when our late bloomers come to fruition.

Come on Kelbo the answer is obvious.

Riberio has massive potential he is a late bloomer like Myles and because of this exceptions were made. Permits can be given for highly talented individuals and anyone who is akin to Irwin must have high potential. The only reason said potential hasn't gotten him on the bench is his late bloomer status. He'll be ready for our league sometime around his 50th birthday and I must admit I can't wait to see our team when our late bloomers come to fruition.

rovers masters team....2025

Just listened to it so very well done to Graham Jones! If any board members live in Hyndburn you owe him your vote. If he comes in my local he'll not need to put his hand in his pocket if I'm there thats for sure.

I detected a few things which suggest he comes on here too. ;)

Well done also to the protest organisers.

Now c'mon Jack Straw, Jake Berry and Tim Fallon.. get yer fingers out and take up the baton. Stuff the politics this is a cross bench issue. The online petition must come next to trigger a full on debate. BRFC and Venkeys / Portsmouth / Liverpool are the examples to use but incompetent and malicious foreign ownership is the concern of all football supporters. The ball is rolling lets keep it going.

in short whilst we have not achieved our ultimate goal a fan who supports the protests, attend them and is a local MP has put the issues right back in the public eye and made it difficult for both the PL and FA to ignore.

Well done Mr Littler for getting this out into the public domain and reminding people of our perilous plight and thanks must go to Mr Jones MP who spoke very well and highlighted all our concerns on the issues at our club.

Great stuff, good on ya Graham. However, as many have said nothing will be done, which leads me onto this question - how about ditching the FA and rejoining the Football League (in return for stricter rules, salary capping etc.)? Lest we forget the great Bill Fox whose predictions on what the Premier League would do to football have now been proven correct - possibly one reason why the FA don't like us, he was, after all, vehemently opposed to the formation of the PL. Even the threat of this would surely move the FA to do something and I can't see many clubs opposing this, particularly if the Football League introduced rules that would ensure financial stability and fair play and a good fit and proper test. Just a thought.

Be interesting to hear FA committee member Robert Coar's views on this, he has been very quiet since the takeover, is that a reason he still has a position at Rovers of which his FA positions rely on, keep your mouth shut and keep the FA away from Rovers?

Graham Jones come across well and gets all relevant points on, hearing Kean humiliated is a bonus

The MP talking after Graham Jones about Coventry City is worth listening to, raises some good points. Also raises with contribution from Graham jones the issue of supporters trust being on the board

Archived