BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Congratulations Adam Henley

Kelbo

Surely it's only a congratulations if he makes it to a squad?

There's an interview with him on the BBC site talking about his international future: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17090964

He doesn't sound like your average footballer. He speaks eloquently and really sounds like he's got his feet on the ground. I hope we hang on to him for a while.

Surely it's only a congratulations if he makes it to a squad?

There's an interview with him on the BBC site talking about his international future: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17090964

He doesn't sound like your average footballer. He speaks eloquently and really sounds like he's got his feet on the ground. I hope we hang on to him for a while.

He has good supportive parents and it seems a decent agent too, it all helps

A tragedy that while we've got the best crop of talented youngsters in many years, its happened at a time when we have the worst manager and are the worst-run club in the Premiership.

These lads could have set us up for years but I fear we will lose them one by one Starting with Jones of course.

A tragedy that while we've got the best crop of talented youngsters in many years, its happened at a time when we have the worst manager and are the worst-run club in the Premiership.

These lads could have set us up for years but I fear we will lose them one by one Starting with Jones of course.

It is in many ways a shame - though I do think Kean is partly responsible for the youth coming through, as I think he has always been very supportive of young players coming through - and does seem to be able to get good individual performances out of players (shame it is a team game). It is the only silver lining of the very dark black cloud that is hanging over our club at the moment.

a tragedy? These youngsters will save us either this season or next season in the championship when venkys bail out. imagine how bad we would have been off with venkys, kean and no talented youngsters.

With a decent manager and a club that doesn't diss its experienced players, we could have stormed up the Premiership and stayed top half for years. As it is, we will be struggling to hang on to them and, if we keep them, they will,in your words, be saving us from relegation or keeping us in the Championship.

That's a tragedy!

Yeah good luck to the lad, we have a nice talent of very young home grown talent, shame we dont have phil jones, but olsson, hoilett, dunn, hanley, henley, lowe, morris. Arsenal/Barcelona eat your heart out.

This is without doubt Jack's Legacy NOTHING to do with Kean, Venkys or anyone else.

Yeah good luck to the lad, we have a nice talent of very young home grown talent, shame we dont have phil jones, but olsson, hoilett, dunn, hanley, henley, lowe, morris. Arsenal/Barcelona eat your heart out.

This is without doubt Jack's Legacy NOTHING to do with Kean, Venkys or anyone else.

Don#t think it's Jack's legacy. I mean we had Duff, Tiny and Dunn come through twelve years ago, then nothing for ages apart from Paul Gallagher (who I think looks every inch a Premiership footballer when I see him for Leicester - shame he never had the right attitude at Rovers), and suddenly we bring through eight decent looking Prem playersin three seasons - three of whom are excellent (Jones, Hoilett and Olsson). Someone started getting something right about a few years ago, not all the way back when the academy was setup under Jack.

Don#t think it's Jack's legacy. I mean we had Duff, Tiny and Dunn come through twelve years ago, then nothing for ages apart from Paul Gallagher (who I think looks every inch a Premiership footballer when I see him for Leicester - shame he never had the right attitude at Rovers), and suddenly we bring through eight decent looking Prem playersin three seasons - three of whom are excellent (Jones, Hoilett and Olsson). Someone started getting something right about a few years ago, not all the way back when the academy was setup under Jack.

I know but I think its coming to the fore now because of money and blackburn not being the most attractive place it has to be down the set up we have after time proving to be the better.

Im sure there have been loads of players that havent made it but could have done,

The fact we have brought eight is no mean feat. I was being sarcastc before but there arnt many facilities that bring through that many and these arnt coming through the same age group its just started growing rapidly recently, I watch a few of the reserve matches and I think we are better than a lot of the top teams reserves.

If we had commited owners etc.. we could be doing so well, with 1 or 2 experienced quality players brought in we could be doing so well.

With all thats going on its a shame because our youth are doing so well this really needs to be harnessed and pushed to the next level.

Jones brought through by Sam, Olsson brought through by Ince, florished under Sam. Same with Hanley.

He realised that young lads should be blooded slowly, unless you are a beast like Jones. The side should be built around experienced pros.

We have a massively inexperienced squad and are struggling because Kean and the owners have thrown out most of our seasoned PL perfomers.

It is in many ways a shame - though I do think Kean is partly responsible for the youth coming through, as I think he has always been very supportive of young players coming through - and does seem to be able to get good individual performances out of players (shame it is a team game).

He has to support the young players because he's got rid of the more experienced ones. If the players were giving good individual performances DMTP, we wouldn't be in grave danger of going down. None of 'em can defend to start with.

Kean has had to use the kids as those who were seasoned rebeled against him. He does not deserve credit for bringing them through as he had to play them, no choice. I'll wager any money that if the old heads hadn't rebeled or been prevented from playing he'd never have used them. Just look at Vukcevic, he never gets on and he's miles better than any of the kids.

It is in many ways a shame - though I do think Kean is partly responsible for the youth coming through, as I think he has always been very supportive of young players coming through - and does seem to be able to get good individual performances out of players (shame it is a team game). It is the only silver lining of the very dark black cloud that is hanging over our club at the moment.

In many ways its in spite of kean that they are coming through.

Young players do best when they have experienced pros around them leading the way.

Kean does deserve credit for playing them but I don't think that was his overall intention.

Once the senior players started seeing through his crap he just forced them out. He had to replace them with kids cos thats all that was left.

But its great seeing another youngster doing well congrads to him.

Archived