BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton might think Kean is shatting himself over the fact that kean offered a postponement, even tho that choice is out of his hands!

Thus they will think they've got it in the bag.... Being the gentleman kean is tho it might be cardiff all over again

Bolton might think Kean is shatting himself over the fact that kean offered a postponement, even tho that choice is out of his hands!

Thus they will think they've got it in the bag.... Being the gentleman kean is tho it might be cardiff all over again

I think you are talking b_0llocks

• Backroom

:wacko: you been on the wine, phillip ?

worried about goal difference taking a hit! on what grounds ?

talk about merchant of doom! :rolleyes:

I agree it's a bit ridiculous, fresh from predicting a loss last night with not too much comment on the win we now move onto the next thing to be negative about and baselessly predict a huge loss against a not high scoring team on the back of two clean sheets

I'm not doubting Philips motives for one second but at times it seems like some here prefer to wallow in the bad stuff at the minute. There is plenty to be down about but I prefer to enjoy what good times we get

You look at Bolton's team and there is very little to really be worried about. On paper I'd fancy us to win based on our current form. The emotional side of it may make things a bit difference. If we can grab the first goal I think we'll take it. Stick with the same line up and I'd like to think we could outscore them 3-1.

Odds are massively stacked against us. Bit concerned about GD damage never mind just losing this one.

Why ?

I grant you that the after effects of the Tottingham match - and the potential "do it for Muamba" effect - may increase their intensity. But nobody knows how it will impact the team - especially if things don't go their way. Providing we don't concede - our team is set up for the counter attack - and for once we have real pace on the break. Sunderland covered the Olsson twins quite well last night - but a Bolton team at home may take more chances - hopefully opening the way for Marcus to score his first goal :rover:

I just hope that Rovers realise that we aren's safe yet - and need at least a point.

• Backroom

I presume that if we dont lose against Bolton, or maybe even beat Bolton, Philipl will come on here and applaud the players and management for not losing??

More likely a quick throw away comment then move onto the next vision of impending doom

I just think the atmosphere at the breezeblock is going to be hyper to say the least. Bolton will be coming out to do it for Muamba and have a dressing room full of good luck charms sent in by the general public whilst Coyle knows he knew he was going to beat us at Ewood and duly did so. On Saturday he has another go at Coco except Coco has a much weaker squad available after player sales and budget cuts to the wages he can spend.

Cold logic says if Bolton get 2 ahead on a flyer, they might not stop scoring against us.

• Backroom

Cold logic also says if we go up I'm the game their heads may drop

But I do agree in that I think this one is a Bolton win, they need it more, our must not lose is their must win.

One good thing is if they over commit we have a chance with Hoilett and Olssons pace going forward

We're in a decent run of form and we're playing a team lower than us in the table who have just been through an incredibly turbulent few days. Bolton are certainly going to be up for it but looking at their squad I do not see any quality. Having Hoilett and the Yak up front is enough to suggest that we should score goals at least. It'll be close but I can see us stealing it. This is certainly more of a must not lose game as opposed to a must win game and that might play into Bolton's hands as they know that they have to get three points to stand any chance of getting out.

Cheers for the preview CN174, rather good in my humble opinion.

As far as the Patrice Muamba effect on Bolton. Everyone is talking a load of bo££ocks.

The Bolton players are absolute idiots if somehow they try to play better just because Muamba has suffered a heart attack. If that is the case then what the hell were they doing before? Just idling along, losing games, and texting to their friends on Facebook " I really can't be bothered at the moment... oh look...Patrice has had a heart attack, I'll really try from now on." *sarcasm off*

Cheers for the preview CN174, rather good in my humble opinion.

As far as the Patrice Muamba effect on Bolton. Everyone is talking a load of bo££ocks.

The Bolton players are absolute idiots if somehow they try to play better just because Muamba has suffered a heart attack. If that is the case then what the hell were they doing before? Just idling along, losing games, and texting to their friends on Facebook " I really can't be bothered at the moment... oh look...Patrice has had a heart attack, I'll really try from now on." *sarcasm off*

+1

Rovers to win.

I really dont think a draw is a "good" result. It will be OK cause it keeps gap with Bolton but the value of 3 points is that we'll be 8 points ahead of them. That's virtually 3 wins for them. This is the most valuable game for us between every game remaining. We can stay up on back of it or potentially be in a tight battle with Bolton and QPR by the end of the day.

I really dont think a draw is a "good" result. It will be OK cause it keeps gap with Bolton but the value of 3 points is that we'll be 8 points ahead of them. That's virtually 3 wins for them. This is the most valuable game for us between every game remaining. We can stay up on back of it or potentially be in a tight battle with Bolton and QPR by the end of the day.

I agree Bobby. Anything less than three points and I'll be disappointed.

We're in a decent run of form and we're playing a team lower than us in the table who have just been through an incredibly turbulent few days. Bolton are certainly going to be up for it but looking at their squad I do not see any quality. Having Hoilett and the Yak up front is enough to suggest that we should score goals at least. It'll be close but I can see us stealing it. This is certainly more of a must not lose game as opposed to a must win game and that might play into Bolton's hands as they know that they have to get three points to stand any chance of getting out.

The one person I fear after having watched Bolton lately is Miyo. A very good and pacey winger. It is good to have pacey Olsson against him though. Givet should really really not start as LB for this one.

Archived