BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Backroom

Have to admit that the person saying "worst player in the pitch" should have expected something back.

However, it sounds like Dann overreacted massively. He's a very handsomely paid footballer who is doing a very poor job. He has to expect a little stick - if he had some class he'd just ignore it. Sticks and stones, etc. I'm sure his £30k per week guaranteed regardless of how he performs will comfort him against the horrible words of a fan. If there were children around there's no excuse for using foul and abusive language.

Have to say, the most surprising aspect of the story was that people actually wanted Scott Dann's autograph. Mental.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute sh1te.

Hoilett didn't turn up, which was the key before the game IMO.

Bolton weren't even that good either, which is the most painful of all.

We didn't even have a go properly in the last 10, the game was crying out for us to go gung ho.

As for Dann, he was rubbish yesterday, but anyone having a go, then complaining that Dann responded, what on earth did they expect would happen?

That maybe so , but he is a hired servant of the club and should behave accordingly ....If you threatenend and swore at people at work , you would be sacked !!!!

In my view , if there were witnesses report him to the Police for threatening words and behavoir...

Anything to get him out of the team , to think we gave away Nelsen and sold Samba for this guy !

I'm not here to gloat but just wanted to say "thanks" for showing respect for the Muamba tribute. A great turn out from you guys but i guess we just wanted it more than you :P :P

If you're not gloating why the smileys? You really should be thanking your lucky stars, after referee's decisions in your last two games gifted you the matches.

However, it sounds like Dann overreacted massively. He's a very handsomely paid footballer who is doing a very poor job. He has to expect a little stick - if he had some class he'd just ignore it. Sticks and stones, etc. I'm sure his £30k per week guaranteed regardless of how he performs will comfort him against the horrible words of a fan. If there were children around there's no excuse for using foul and abusive language.

I don't think the amount of money he earns has anything to do with it.

Put yourself in his shoes. You've had a lousy day at the office, your professional pride will be bruised, and not long afterwards you've got some fan calling you the "worst player on the pitch". I don't think 'Hey, I'm earning £30k a week, fair doos' is the first reaction that would come into my head. It's difficult to call it an overreaction under those circumstances.

That's not to excuse Dann's performance. He WAS arguably one of our worst culprits yesterday but saying that to one's face is only asking for trouble.

Put yourself in his shoes. You've had a lousy day at the office, your professional pride will be bruised, and not long afterwards you've got some fan calling you the "worst player on the pitch". I don't think 'Hey, I'm earning £30k a week, fair doos' is the first reaction that would come into my head. It's difficult to call it an overreaction under those circumstances.

That's not to excuse Dann's performance. He WAS arguably one of our worst culprits yesterday but saying that to one's face is only asking for trouble.

Have to disagree on this. No matter the level of provocation, a professional should never react in such a manner. Very poor form from Dann.

If you're not gloating why the smileys? You really should be thanking your lucky stars, after referee's decisions in your last two games gifted you the matches.

Bolton deserved the win though Roversmum. Yes we should have had a penalty, but they could have had 4 or 5 goals, so gifted is stretching it a little.

• Backroom

I think the amount of money he earns is definitely a factor in how he should react. That's neither here nor there though, that's just my opinion. My opinion is also that it's low to swear and be abusive in front of children. Regardless of whether his "professional pride" was hurt and regardless of whether the fan was asking for trouble (I agree the fan has a degree of culpability in this too) I think it was completely wrong of him to react that way.

In his shoes I genuinely do not think I would react that way - and telling the fan to come to training so he can fight him? Come on.

Obviously, the above opinion is based on the original account being accurate. I do appreciate we've only heard one side of the story and the real story could be very different.

Define 'professional'. The guy's paid to kick a football around a pitch.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Dann's behaviour, but I can see where he's coming from. You don't need someone coming up to you telling you you're **** at your job when you know you've had a stinker. And yet people were actually outraged that this poor, unsuspecting fan was confronted by Dann over it. If the fan had kept his gob shut, none of this would have happened in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with Dann's behaviour, but I can see where he's coming from. You don't need someone coming up to you telling you you're **** at your job when you know you've had a stinker. And yet people were actually outraged that this poor, unsuspecting fan was confronted by Dann over it. If the fan had kept his gob shut, none of this would have happened in the first place.

Neither would it if Dann had put a proper shift in.

• Backroom

A lot of it depends on exactly what happened. If it was a muttered comment from the fan that Dann overheard then you'd have to agree Dann's reaction is over the top. If, on the other hand, it's somebody going up to his face and telling him he was terrible then yeah, he has a right to be irritated over that. It still doesn't excuse swearing in front of kids or telling the fan to come to Brockhall for a fight, but he'd have every right to have a go back. he wouldn't be justified in doing so, as he played awfully, but he has a right to try and defend himself from criticism.

It's all irrelevant anyway. Dann won't get punished even if he did react badly. He's just following his dignified leader's example.

Venky's missing a big opportunity here in light of Rambo Dann's (alleged) behaviour and current lack of form ,

Get rid of Keans bodyguard and which ever financial advisor is picking the team that week, advise Kean to put Dann on the bench so he's close enough to act as his bodyguard, Give the new Chris Smalling a run out in Dann's place -

the outcome - The poundstretcher owners are happy saving money on the bodyguard and Dann's appearance money, fans happy Dann dropped to bench, Beelzebub happy cause the late developer getting a run out and as a proud Dad will no doubt make the news headlines on his company website, Kean happy because giving the late developer a run out reduces the favour's owed to Beelzebub for getting him the job and therefore doesn't have to forfeit anymore games against other Beelzebub clients.

Everybody's happy and no reason why we can't compete against and beat Bolton in the championship relegation battle next season, that's if we can hold on to Kean after he receives the Nobel peace Prize, Time magazine Man of the year , his OBE , Manager of the Year and children of courage awards.

Bolton deserved the win though Roversmum. Yes we should have had a penalty, but they could have had 4 or 5 goals, so gifted is stretching it a little.

Not necessarily, Baz. A goal could easily have woken the lads up and made them realise they were there to play a match. I've been to some disappointing matches with Rovers but that was one of the worst, what with the questionable tactics and lack of interest from the lads. It's the first time I have found myself unable to applaud them after the match which I have to admit I felt bad about but I just couldn't do it.

Still, should, could, would, might have, but, if - however they didn't have four or five goals, did they? And we had a couple that 'could' have gone in.

To me a professional is a doctor, city banker or a lawyer who train and learn for their livings, these boys are just naturally gifted at football that's alls I mean

There are many professions beyond those which you have mentioned. Be careful not to overly stereotype.

Archived