BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

It was always going to be difficult at Bolton after the events of last Saturday at Spurs , but the lack of fight from the players and virtually no effort by Kean to rescue a point in last 10 minutes beggered belief ..It was though he had settled to lose 2-1 .

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woeful yesterday. I cant believe how many balls were punted up to Yakubu. Hoillet should have been subbed early in the second half. He was pulling out of every challenge and looked completely disinterested. Dann was an embarassment, and if it's true what he said he should never wear our shirt again. We lacked width and creativity. If the players can't get fired up with 5000 of us there then we have no hope. Yesterday showed me just why I've stopped going to many away games.

It was always going to be difficult at Bolton after the events of last Saturday at Spurs , but the lack of fight from the players and virtually no effort by Kean to rescue a point in last 10 minutes beggered belief ..It was though he had settled to lose 2-1 .

Bookies said very heavy betting on our match and Liverpool-Wigan. Conspiracies????

Jut to say, scott Dann was disgraceful tonight towards me and my 2 friends. We were stood by the coach, had a photo with Rochina and spoke to a few of the other players like goodwillie, yakubu, petrovic. Then Dann came out. My friend said "worst player on the pitch", Dann then stopped signing an autograph and asked my friend to repeat himself, which he did

Dann then proceeded to call all 3 of us every name under the sun and I asked him who he thought he was and that my friends quip was only an opinion. He carried on abusing us, to which we stood up to and then to top it all of he said "come down to the training ground Monday and I'll bang you all"

The stewards then asked us to move which we did straight away

There were many children present and his behaviour was awful, disgraceful and a bad sign for BRFC

Make sure your mate goes on Monday.... sounds like he needs to get a good leathering to teach him to show some respect. In my day he'd have got a belt there and then. Sadly now stuff like that is frowned upon and harshly punished. Shame cos society is worse off imo, people would develop much better social skills. There are too many gobby kids about simply cos they don't learn tact, good manners and acceptable social skills early enough.

Dann probably knew full well that he'd had a 'bad un' and probably had owned up and accepted as much in the dressing room (he might even have had a bollocking from his team mates) and didn't need publically telling so by some sad act autograph hunter with two left feet* who in all liklehood couldn't trap a wet sand bag.

*btw odd saying that. Most left footers have divine ability and can thread a needle with the ball whilst they usually use the 'swinger' right to stand on. Anybody with two left feet would undoubtedly put Messi in the shade.....err..... well perhaps not Messi. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how much of the problem yesterday was tactics vs execution. I thought we were awful for the entire game, giving the ball away needlessly virtually every possession we had and then not pressing back for it like we have done the last 2 games. It would've been daylight robbery had we snatched a point.

You really do have to wonder about the whole Givet/Simon situation. Even to an extent Goodwillie and Modeste. Desperate for a goal and Kean makes just ONE sub, playing one up top for the final part of the game. That just isn't right.

It simply has to be the club unwilling to pay match bonuses? There's no other logical reasoning behind Keans lack of substitutions recently. I know the guy is a baffoon but I'm sure even he would try to freshen things up a bit.

I totally agree. Something is going on behind the scenes which is stopping these players from playing. Kamy said it recently in a Podcast that Kean apparently has a weekly wage budget given to him and that determines who can play and who can't, because if certain players play, then the wage budget will be broken. For us to be 2-1 down and for Kean to just keep one man up front by himself is just ridiculous. It shows how the owners have their priorities all messed up. They only think in the short term. They would rather save a few quid now, than think that if we gained a few more points by playing our best players from the start or by being brought on, we could earn more points that would keep us in the league and make us tens of millions of pounds. Steve Kean is just as big a fool for going all with it, if that is the case!

Make sure your mate goes on Monday.... sounds like he needs to get a good leathering to teach him to show some respect. In my day he'd have got a belt there and then. Sadly now stuff like that is frowned upon. Shame cos people would develop much better social skills. There are too many gobby kids about simply cos they don't learn tact, good manners and acceptable social skills early enough.

Dann probably knew full well that he'd had a 'bad un' and probably had owned up and accepted as much in the dressing room and didn't need publically telling so by some sad act autograph hunter with two left feet* who in all liklehood couldn't trap a wet sand bag.

Glad someone said this because I thought there was something up with me.

Bookies said very heavy betting on our match and Liverpool-Wigan. Conspiracies????

Probably people just people realising that Kean can't possibly win 3 games in a row and Liverpool are poor and have no interest in the league anymore

Make sure your mate goes on Monday.... sounds like he needs to get a good leathering to teach him to show some respect. In my day he'd have got a belt there and then. Sadly now stuff like that is frowned upon and harshly punished. Shame cos society is worse off imo, people would develop much better social skills. There are too many gobby kids about simply cos they don't learn tact, good manners and acceptable social skills early enough.

Dann probably knew full well that he'd had a 'bad un' and probably had owned up and accepted as much in the dressing room (he might even have had a bollocking from his team mates) and didn't need publically telling so by some sad act autograph hunter with two left feet* who in all liklehood couldn't trap a wet sand bag.

It's not often that I agree with you but I do on this. The last thing he needed after a stinker was some fan who has no idea making snide comments.

Dann could'nt bang a blown up brown paper bag, I would have taken him up on his offer and asked for his number to make sure he did'nt forget then watch him shrivel up like an old tramps ballbag.

Grow up.

It's not often that I agree with you but I do on this. The last thing he needed after a stinker was some fan who has no idea making snide comments.

fan who has no idea? what dyou mean by that ? :wacko:

Dann couldve manned up and apologised or agreed (ive seen many a rovers player do that before.. may better and more high profile players than dann).

failing that, it could drive him on to think "i'll show them" or atleast concentrate on his job and give his all!

Here is our goal from yesterday as we all saw it in the south stand

Much better than MOTD as we have the crowd atmosphere

great vid! :rover:

No excusing Dann's comments.

He's a professional sportsman representing Blackburn Rovers - he should be acting as such, rather than making stupid, petulant and arrogant comments.

I'd like to think that he'd be spoken to by the club, but considering Kean has been caught acting in the same threatening way to a journo, it's not as though our brilliant 'Manager of the Year' leads by example...

He's a professional sportsman representing Blackburn Rovers - he should be acting as such, rather than making stupid, petulant and arrogant comments.

He's a footballer, not Chancellor of the Exchequer.

The fan was an idiot if he thought he could insult someone to their face and not expect reprisal.

The Rovers fan who asked for it, as now got to get down to the training ground and go and face Scot Dann thats the only solution. The fan maybe terrified but I think when he gets down there he'll find a very different Scot Dann to the one at the Reebok.

So, no excuses whoever you are (the fan) get down to Brockhall tomorrow, and no complaining, as you've already done that.

As for Bolton's first goal the ball skimmed off the big French lads head so no blame can be attached to Dann for that goal, unless that is you've never played football before. :rover:

Wow, what was the insult, I must have missed it.

Someone said he was the worst player on the pitch. Perhaps it's an insult to really bad players?

These "accounts" of incidents like this always make me chuckle though.

What starts of as: "Oy, Dann! Call yerself a footballer? Yer #### you #######. My gran's ######## better that you, you ####!!!"

Is reported as:

"Excuse me, Mister Dann. Could I possibly trouble you? I'd like to respectfully point out that my friends and I thought that was one of your poorer games this season. I'm sure you'd agree you've let yourself down a little, and you'll no doubt be disappointed in your own performance, but I'm looking forward to seeing you put things right next week. C'mon you Blues! RTID!"

...although it's possible Dann has in fact badly over-reacted to an innocuous comment that a fan hung around until after the game to make, and then didn't go for a whizz in the queue for the train afterwards. :unsure:

• Moderation Lead

Absolute sh1te.

Hoilett didn't turn up, which was the key before the game IMO.

Bolton weren't even that good either, which is the most painful of all.

We didn't even have a go properly in the last 10, the game was crying out for us to go gung ho.

As for Dann, he was rubbish yesterday, but anyone having a go, then complaining that Dann responded, what on earth did they expect would happen?

Archived