BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supporting a player is a "man crush" ?? - whatever that is.

Well, there's "supporting" and there's gems like "If only we had 11 Pedersens..."

There's a big difference between the two.

Can I ask why you are fixated with women's breasts ? Unless you're 14-years-old of course.

I don't see the connection between big boobs and Pedersen.

Oh wait.

Probably Toppers, but thinking relegation would be some kind of panacea is madness.

That's why it's a no-win situation.

The hit of relegation might see the back of Venky's, but at what cost?

But if we stay up, we'll be doing this all over again - as the chances of Venky's either waking up or selling a PL club will be slim to none.

Supporting a player is a "man crush" ?? - whatever that is.

Can I ask why you are fixated with women's breasts ? Unless you're 14-years-old of course.

The age old question ;)

Come on Jim, we all love em :P

Went to the game and only have one thing to say

If Gamst keeps on trying his horrific chip style ball whenever he plays it forward he deserves ......well won't say what as it will likely get me banned. But why can't he pass properly? It never reaches our man and then he plays balls into the channel for Yak to chase, Yak isn't interested in doing that!

Surely we can just train someone else in the team to take long throws, the only thing he gives us at the moment

One infuriating aspect of today was the lack of 'bottle' from our midfielders when tackling. From memory now I can recall Pedersen, Formica and N'Zonzi challenging in a half hearted, airy fairy manner. In fact N'Zonzi's was so weak he actually got injured and the Bolton player showed far more determination. That attitude, coupled with Keans absolute incompetence and a propensity to give away cheap goals will see us relegated, of that I'm pretty sure.

Driving home today I asked myself over and over why I put myself the the anguish and frustration and spends hundreds of pounds each year for the privilege. Tonight I'm mulling over in my mind if following football at all has any value for me. And each time I ask the question I am coming up with the same answer - why do I bother?

Today there was no game plan, the tactics consisted of Robbo (whose kicking was poor again) booting the ball upfield to Bolton players, Pedersen throwing and kicking the ball to the Bolton keeper who went unchallenged for most of the game and the laziest performance I can remember from a Rovers player in many a year in N'Zonzi. A complete lack of effort and energy, the likes of which I cannot remember ever seeing before from a Rovers team. Our level of play was summed up in stoppage time when Lowe could have brought a ball down and played it forward. He headed it out of play instead.

Really peed off with everything Blackburn Rovers at the moment. I sincerely hope I feel differently tomorrow.

Still can't get my head around the stonewall penalty the ref refused to give. It's a shocking, shocking decision.

The full game is on at 8.25pm on Football first on sky sports 2!!!

I'm didn't or even listen to it on the Radio today!!! Looking forward to the game

Chris O'keeffe‏@Mozsupportrover

@Northern_Rover scott Dann told me and 2 other rovers fans to feck off and called us knobheads outside the ground, disgraceful

Know there's always two sides to a story but if this is correct, absolutely disgraceful and Dann should be fined a huge amount.

The full game is on at 8.25pm on Football first on sky sports 2!!!

I'm didn't or even listen to it on the Radio today!!! Looking forward to the game

Er... you know we played gash and lost, right? :mellow:

@Northern_Rover scott Dann told me and 2 other rovers fans to feck off and called us knobheads outside the ground, disgraceful

Know there's always two sides to a story but if this is correct, absolutely disgraceful and Dann should be fined a huge amount.

Nah. Remember the donut incident? Kean leads by example.

Expect Kean to conduct an internal inquiry - when he's finished the other one.

Of course they weren't swearing at him at all <_<

Why shouldn't they be able to swear if being sworn at or having other abuse shouted at them?

Well, there's "supporting" and there's gems like "If only we had 11 Pedersens..."

There's a big difference between the two.

I don't see the connection between big boobs and Pedersen.

Oh wait.

One club Premier League man with 300-plus games experience and loves the Rovers. You'll understand one day.

As for avatar, please keep making a tit of yourself.

One infuriating aspect of today was the lack of 'bottle' from our midfielders when tackling. From memory now I can recall Pedersen, Formica and N'Zonzi challenging in a half hearted, airy fairy manner. In fact N'Zonzi's was so weak he actually got injured and the Bolton player showed far more determination. That attitude, coupled with Keans absolute incompetence and a propensity to give away cheap goals will see us relegated, of that I'm pretty sure.

We are missing a ball winning midfielder like Jermaine Jones or Victor Cacreas!!!

said this all season long!!! Kean wanted JJ back but club/owners would pay the money for him at his age!!!

Er... you know we played gash and lost, right? :mellow:

I know we lost but I looking forward to watching the game!!!

Of course they weren't swearing at him at all <_<

Why shouldn't they be able to swear if being sworn at or having other abuse shouted at them?

Because it comes with the territory and huge wage packet.

If they can't hack it then they should feck off out of it and trying doing a 'normal' job like most of us.

If true, Jack Walker would have sacked him for that!

• Backroom

I saw that Mercer (on twitter) and as you say there must be another side to it, no doubt they were abusing him and if some have no qualms with him having a pop back, hes a bad player imo and I have probably shouted a few choice words at him on the pitch but if I saw him and abused him anywhere else I'd expect him to have a go back.

Not quite sure why people go moaning about it on twitter to be honest.

Edit: just seen the above post, I understand to an extent but still if people want to have a go at someone don't be shocked when they bite back

Another die for the shirt performance then??!!.In a game of that magnitude how can you not turn up? It was dogsh1te.Aimless lumping the ball and couldnt string 2 passes together.We get a lifeline perfectly at start of 2nd half which Nzonzi barely celebrated(wtf is that about??) and from then on we barely mount an attack.

In those circumstances how on gods earth do you only make one substitution?? Partly because the bench is sh1te but he has spent that long telling us Hoillet is ''playing out of his skin'' and ''yak and junior are made for each other'' that he couldn't take one of them off.

Where the hell was the all guns blazing 4 strikers approach to the last 10 mins?? If that had been us at home to them it would have been a siege.

WE could seriously be virtually back in bottom 3 again by the time we line up against Man Utd -goal diff apart and that could get savaged next Monday too.

It just beggars belief. Early bird season ticket anybody??

I saw that Mercer (on twitter) and as you say there must be another side to it, no doubt they were abusing him and if some have no qualms with him having a pop back, hes a bad player imo and I have probably shouted a few choice words at him on the pitch but if I saw him and abused him anywhere else I'd expect him to have a go back.

Not quite sure why people go moaning about it on twitter to be honest.

Edit: just seen the above post, I understand to an extent but still if people want to have a go at someone don't be shocked when they bite back

If a 'public' figure, you have to show discipline and restraint. It's natural to be 'defensive' and have a go back, however, I firmly believe that these so called 'stars' who like the money, trappings etc should show more responsibility / discipline / respect to those supporters who really struggle financially to follow their team. Know it's not easy but a response of "look, I'm sorry, not one of my better days today" would have at least earned him a bit more respect.

Today, i wouldnt condemn any of our fans for abusing Dann.

Dann lost us the game today. plain and simple. If idve seen him after the game, I wouldve told him so.

How on earth could he not be switched on alert enough to pick up his man at a corner.. TWICE! he's out of his depth at Prem level. 2012's christian dailly!

We were never in any danger. Bolton have nothing about them.

Kean again showed he is tactically inept. He never changes a game, or uses his subs.

id say he has no plan B, but im not sure if he has a plan A. clueless ****!

Our strongest side (assuming no injuries) is clear:

Robbo

Orr

Givet

Hanley

Martin O.

N'Zonzi

Lowe

Hoilett

Dunn

Marcus O.

Yak

Players in their actual positions - not a young central midfielder at RB and a left winger in CM.

Back to today, just waiting now for Kean's press conference where he blames it all on the Muamba-factor.

I've been saying the same all last week, that was the team that should have started today. Any team that hasn't got Pedersen in it gives us a fighting chance. Jim you need to sort your head out on this one, the guy's a passenger.

Went to the match.

Disappointed from start to finish.

No tempo. No fight. A wasted opportunity.

Scott Dann is absolutely terrible. Lost his man (Wheater) twice, which resulted in their goals. His passing was embarrassing and him trying to blame other people for his mistakes was laughable.

N'zonzi. He has to be the most over rated CM in the league. Plays like he believes his own hype. Also petulant like an 8 year old girl.

Fair play to Pedersen for confronting knob head "fans" at the end too.

MOTM Jason Lowe

I've been saying the same all last week, that was the team that should have started today. Any team that hasn't got Pedersen in it gives us a fighting chance. Jim you need to sort your head out on this one, the guy's a passenger.

Not the player he was but extremely useful on his set plays including throws - is it not 3 assists in last 3 games ?

Why should Marcuss Olsson be considered to be part of our strongest 11 ? IMV, he's very, very average and would suggest that he's only here as brother to Martin and because he's cheap !!

Another die for the shirt performance then??!!.In a game of that magnitude how can you not turn up? It was dogsh1te.Aimless lumping the ball and couldnt string 2 passes together.We get a lifeline perfectly at start of 2nd half which Nzonzi barely celebrated(wtf is that about??) and from then on we barely mount an attack.

In those circumstances how on gods earth do you only make one substitution?? Partly because the bench is sh1te but he has spent that long telling us Hoillet is ''playing out of his skin'' and ''yak and junior are made for each other'' that he couldn't take one of them off.

Where the hell was the all guns blazing 4 strikers approach to the last 10 mins?? If that had been us at home to them it would have been a siege.

WE could seriously be virtually back in bottom 3 again by the time we line up against Man Utd -goal diff apart and that could get savaged next Monday too.

It just beggars belief. Early bird season ticket anybody??

agree with most of that.

Nzonzi is a petulent sod. he was the only player that had to be told to come and clap the away following at wolves.

aimless Long ball to 2 midgets in hoillet and the yak, is completely pointless. brainless!

Wasn't as stonewall as when Robbo floored an Arsenal player at Ewood in the closing stages.

Or the farcical Peders' goal from a corner at Wigan

You have to take the rough with the smooth.

We've had more than our share of good fortune !

This is what people tend to forget when bemoaning a poor decision.

They really do even themselves up over a season, so just accept it and get over it when it happens.

Archived