BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bad day at the office. But all round, not a complete disaster. Still 3 points ahead of the bottom 3 with a superior goal difference. Wigan was a surprise and they have a winnable game against stoke next but even if they win that they still won't overtake us. Their next four after that are tough.

Wolves are almost gone. QPR are without their best player for half of their games, and have a bad run in. Bolton have a good run in and should survive.

We'll take the required points from west brom, Norwich and Wigan.

I feel similar although not confident we'll survive, trying not to dwell on it tonight I would have taken 6 points from the last 3 games if offered

Bad day at the office. But all round, not a complete disaster. Still 3 points ahead of the bottom 3 with a superior goal difference. Wigan was a surprise and they have a winnable game against stoke next but even if they win that they still won't overtake us. Their next four after that are tough.

Wolves are almost gone. QPR are without their best player for half of their games, and have a bad run in. Bolton have a good run in and should survive.

We'll take the required points from west brom, Norwich and Wigan.

Wouldn't put money on it.

Actually, would not surprise me if we lost all our remaining games !

I feel similar although not confident we'll survive, trying not to dwell on it tonight I would have taken 6 points from the last 3 games if offered

True, good way to look at it. Disappointing to play so poorly today though after doing OK the last two games.

• Backroom

Wouldn't put money on it.

Actually, would not surprise me if we lost all our remaining games !

Did you not say you'd put your house on us staying up?

By the way folks I am usually mr pessimistic but just trying to offer an alternative perspective and a glimmer of hope, out of the teams below us there is only Bolton whose situation I'd possibly rather be in

My actual feelings are even if we stay up then what? But that would bring more doom to the fore

• Backroom

My actual feelings are even if we stay up then what?

Unless Venky's and Kean leave... enjoy the summer and dread the start of a new season. Possibly the first time I'll ever feel that way.

Did you not say you'd put your house on us staying up?

By the way folks I am usually mr pessimistic but just trying to offer an alternative perspective and a glimmer of hope, out of the teams below us there is only Bolton whose situation I'd possibly rather be in

My actual feelings are even if we stay up then what? But that would bring more doom to the fore

TBH, been feeling pretty confident recently but today's performance has destroyed that - not only on the field but off where Kean did virtually nothing to sneak us an equaliser.

I thought that was a disgusting excuse of a performance and probably one of the most tactically inept displays ever seen. They play lurch and lurch at the back for whom walking in a straight line sometimes looks challenging. What do we do. Send it flying onto their big old heads time after time. The one quality they do actually have.

Today was a joke. We were ######

• Backroom

TBH, been feeling pretty confident recently but today's performance has destroyed that - not only on the field but off where Kean did virtually nothing to sneak us an equaliser.

I'm hoping the other lot are too bad to take advantage although we have to play Wigan

I didn't see today and I'm glad I didn't. Going to get a curry and try and forget about it all

We are three points clear having picked up 17 points from 12 games, that's a run spanning nearly a third of the season, we have improved.

QPR have a horrific run in, Wigan too so I am confident that those two wont reach us. We have the Yak don't forget :)

I'm hoping the other lot are too bad to take advantage although we have to play Wigan

I didn't see today and I'm glad I didn't. Going to get a curry and try and forget about it all

Don't underestimate Wigan !

Problem is that when we are bad, we are feckin awful eg Villa home 1st half and we've rode our luck a bit recently. I look at our remaining fixtures and really worry. There is not a game there that I would put money on us winning.

3 points, not 2.

Can someone start a prediction thread with the link to the BBC predictor? Wanna see people's guess. I got rovers going down with 31 points.

I've frustratedly done the same:

16. Bolton P38 Pts 36

17. Rovers P38 Pts 34

18. Wigan P38 Pts 33

19. QPR P38 Pts 32

20. Wolves P38 Pts 26

That was from v quick scan of fixtures. V unscientific but it shows with any margin of error, we've no more than a 50/50 chance of staying up.

Happy days.

Dave Seedall‏@Seedstral

Still outside ground what as our clown of a manager said as he's certainly not travelled back on team coach & Dann's had a minor do wi fans!

Awful performance and totally bemused by the tactics today, we did the opposite to what has worked in the previous 2 games. Also why the heck did Kean not go 2 up front for last 10 minutes?

35/36 points will be enough, going to have to beat Norwich and Wigan at Ewood. If Kean can get tactics right then Liverpool there for the taking, particularly as they play us few days before their FA Cup semi.

Awful performance and totally bemused by the tactics today, we did the opposite to what has worked in the previous 2 games. Also why the heck did Kean not go 2 up front for last 10 minutes?

35/36 points will be enough, going to have to beat Norwich and Wigan at Ewood. If Kean can get tactics right then Liverpool there for the taking, particularly as they play us few days before their FA Cup semi.

Don't bank on that !

Players will be pushing for a semi start and Kenny will want some momentum and confidence back - losing becomes a bad habit !

Also, too many think Norwich & Wigan = points in bag. They both have much better managers for a start !

Dave Seedall‏@Seedstral

Still outside ground what as our clown of a manager said as he's certainly not travelled back on team coach & Dann's had a minor do wi fans!

Dave Seedall‏@Seedstral

Nowt really some fan said he was ###### etc and he didn't take too kindly to it now I've just been told to leave by stewards after asking ...

Fan is a good judge if you ask me !

Awful result. Absolutely awful.

A pathetic first half display sealed our fate. We've now gifted Bolton 6 points this season and if they stay up and we go down we can have no complaints. They've beaten us home and away - they're a better team than us, head to head.

I hope this will end the Kean love-in that had started in the media and had been creeping on here.

We're still in very real danger of going down - today proves that. We aren't a good team, we don't have a good manager. If we stay up this year it will be by luck, and luck alone.

Agree 100% Kean giving it all that after 2 ride your luck victories, while I've seen Wigan out play Norwich away and WBA at home and only come away 2 points. I'd genuinely feel more confident of staying up following Wigan... I'm upset with this Clown and everything associated with running the club I fell in love with 45 years ago. ..... Just want me Rovers back

How can you play 90 minutes without a decent attempt on goal other than a header from two yards and not bring on an extra striker. Where's the Stoke fan that thought Steve Kean was a tactical genius

The first 45 minutes was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Aimless hoofing from Robinson onwards, no urgency, dozy defending, dreadful. In fact, similar to recent first halves, alas today we were punished.

Anybody thinking we were home and hosed need to think again.

Agree 100% Kean giving it all that after 2 ride your luck victories, while I've seen Wigan out play Norwich away and WBA at home and only come away 2 points. I'd genuinely feel more confident of staying up following Wigan... I'm upset with this Clown and everything associated with running the club I fell in love with 45 years ago. ..... Just want me Rovers back

....just about sums the situation up perfectly. Well said.

Archived