BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

There is a total lack of organisation in the midield-no one player seems to be able to take responsibility and get it sorted out. This was one of the worst performances in a while -lack of movement, too predictable and as previously stated no game plan.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I take it we didn't play very well?

Owen Coyle has twice shown Steve Kean who is a boss and who isn't.

If you have 2 hours to waste then watch Football First on Sky @ 8 something where the match is being shown in full !

Went to the match.

Disappointed from start to finish.

No tempo. No fight. A wasted opportunity.

Scott Dann is absolutely terrible. Lost his man (Wheater) twice, which resulted in their goals. His passing was embarrassing and him trying to blame other people for his mistakes was laughable.

N'zonzi. He has to be the most over rated CM in the league. Plays like he believes his own hype. Also petulant like an 8 year old girl.

Fair play to Pedersen for confronting knob head "fans" at the end too.

MOTM Jason Lowe

Agree with everything apart from Lowe, he was turd and Petrov had him in his pocket all game.

There was'nt one man deserved any credit today, they were all pathetic.

Three points were there for the taking, we just had to defend stout for 45 then unleash hell in the second half, we could'nt muster a wet fart let alone hell.

I can understand fans venting their frustrations at the players...it was one of those games but if you give someone abuse expect to get it back, how much you earn per week has nothing to do with it, these guys are still human.

Didnt dare to write until now so gobsmacked that we didnt go for it at 2-1. I thought whe had the best squad for years, where i the subs to turn the tide? Shocker from Dann on to occation, no excuse. Did he hit a single of the trillion long balls the tried to pull off?

Not the player he was but extremely useful on his set plays including throws - is it not 3 assists in last 3 games ?

Why should Marcuss Olsson be considered to be part of our strongest 11 ? IMV, he's very, very average and would suggest that he's only here as brother to Martin and because he's cheap !!

I agree , very average and cheap , he is probably playing more than he should because of the lack of talent on the bench ...Which to be fair is not Olssons fault..

The insanity of selling Samba and giving Nelsen away was very apparent today ...Dann is a joke ..

• Backroom

Watching the match the first time was enough for me, definitely don't want to see it again.

Struggling for positives but I will say that I thought Hanley did OK today again. He's improved massively since the start of the season, a shame he's playing next to a bloke who'd look poor in a pub team.

Question is do we risk the likes of Givet, Hoilett, Yakubu against Utd, or rest them and save them for games we might actually win? And yes I know we've already beaten Utd once this season, but I'm 100% positive it ain't going to happen again.

I also have to say that some of the fans are an absolute disgrace, at half time there were loads of people trying to goad other fans into a fight in the concourse saying how crap our away support is, a few years ago they may have got what they wanted but I since learned how to behave and not rise to the bait but plenty bit and trouble followed.

Our own fans calling our own 5,000 following? can you expand on this pal because it sounds like we are going from bad to worse..... :blink:

Watching the match the first time was enough for me, definitely don't want to see it again.

Struggling for positives but I will say that I thought Hanley did OK today again. He's improved massively since the start of the season, a shame he's playing next to a bloke who'd look poor in a pub team.

Question is do we risk the likes of Givet, Hoilett, Yakubu against Utd, or rest them and save them for games we might actually win? And yes I know we've already beaten Utd once this season, but I'm 100% positive it ain't going to happen again.

That is an interesting point , we will get slaughtered by Man utd which ever team we turn out !!

A silly sending off or injury to the Yak , Hoillett , Nzonzi or Hanley and we could be as good as down...

Then again Dann might see red !

If a 'public' figure, you have to show discipline and restraint. It's natural to be 'defensive' and have a go back, however, I firmly believe that these so called 'stars' who like the money, trappings etc should show more responsibility / discipline / respect to those supporters who really struggle financially to follow their team. Know it's not easy but a response of "look, I'm sorry, not one of my better days today" would have at least earned him a bit more respect.

Totally correct Mercerman.

Dann is an awful player who even looked disinterested the day he joined the club at the photoshoot....didn't get the call from Arsenal.

:lol:

Totally correct Mercerman.

Dann is an awful player who even looked disinterested the day he joined the club at the photoshoot....didn't get the call from Arsenal.

:lol:

I don't think that was ever an option , I know Wenger as some funny turns , but to actually want to sign Dann , surely not !!!

Our own fans calling our own 5,000 following? can you expand on this pal because it sounds like we are going from bad to worse..... :blink:

Unfortunately, we are !

Like many, I think the club is now fragmented with little sense of affinity, loyalty or purposefulness.

Our club was built-up over many years, painfully at times but surely, only for all these values to be dissipated in months.

Who the feck are Kean, Vinny, Agnew & Hunt in comparison to the likes of Jack, JW, TF and even Bill Fox etc. IMO, they are nobodies, mainly faceless, who have destroyed us.

Unfortunately, we are !

Like many, I think the club is now fragmented with little sense of affinity, loyalty or purposefulness.

Our club was built-up over many years, painfully at times but surely, only for all these values to be dissipated in months.

Who the feck are Kean, Vinny, Agnew & Hunt in comparison to the likes of Jack, JW, TF and even Bill Fox etc. IMO, they are nobodies, mainly faceless, who have destroyed us.

Very true Mercerman..

Was a ###### game for us but tbh we've been that bad for 90% of it

The atmosphere was great by both sets of fans...

Does anyone know what all the cafuffel was with the trains going home, Preston, Blackpool way? Was Bolton. Police just being cocks or is there a reason why 2 empty trains where allowed to go past & everybody, about 800 people had to cram on one train that had an empty carriage

About 3 or four lads deliberately trying to get a response by saying very loud so others could hear on purpose how ###### Rovers fans were, "5,000 strong and cant even manage a song or get behind the team and how we were the worst supported club in the league, all the fans are closet armchair fans"

I asked what he had done that was so special to lift the team and was met with abuse, I was pulled away as my mates because they could see what was coming but a few old timers took the bait stating how they travel home and away and that they had never seen any of them at any away matches and a bit of a scuffle followed.

In all honesty a few years ago they would have just got a crack and been done with it but more and more idiots seem to be going to matches with nothing but causing trouble in mind.

Also the reason I got when I asked about the no beer sale was that we spoilt it last year and they did'nt want a repeat, whatever that meant, she did'nt care to elaborate and I did'nt care for her tone.....or her breath.

If a 'public' figure, you have to show discipline and restraint. It's natural to be 'defensive' and have a go back, however, I firmly believe that these so called 'stars' who like the money, trappings etc should show more responsibility / discipline / respect to those supporters who really struggle financially to follow their team. Know it's not easy but a response of "look, I'm sorry, not one of my better days today" would have at least earned him a bit more respect.

There seems to be a popular misconception in our society that just because footballers are paid huge amounts of money everyone has the right to personally abuse them. Footballers are paid to play football, not take personal abuse.

We all have to show restraint and discipline no matter how much money we earn or what we do for a living.

Yes, dann had a poor game but there's no excuses for giving anyone person abuse.

Archived