BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

Ok - lets put this in perspective - in March we took 7 out of 12 points. We are 3 points out of the relegation zone.

We played c**p in what must be one of the most unusual circumstances - nobody knew what the impact would be on the Bolton players (though the galvanising effect was always most likely) - the impact on the Rovers, who knows, but certainly not positive.

We lost three points - though a win would have gone a long way towards survival - a defeat isn't the end of the world.

The Wigan match is looking increasingly key - could be almost a winner takes all contest.

Buggar circumstances, they are pro's. 5000 hard working folks paid and paid to travel for the a huge game to see them give their all. We did not look like we wanted it, that is what pishes me off the most when we look like we are not even working hard.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the game and only have one thing to say

If Gamst keeps on trying his horrific chip style ball whenever he plays it forward he deserves ......well won't say what as it will likely get me banned. But why can't he pass properly? It never reaches our man and then he plays balls into the channel for Yak to chase, Yak isn't interested in doing that!

Yes, this is definitely frustrating, but I would counter a good manager or coach(es) would be pointing this sort of thing out to Pedersen and working with him so he can adjust his style of play.

It's quite tragic really as with even a decent manager with an okay eye for things like this would be doing this asset-stripped squad some justice. I always think of Mark Hughes and company working with Bentley in these situations.

"@henrywinter: #brfc fans superb at the Reebok. Great show of respect for Fabrice Muamba and support for their team."

Lovely. Let's hope we aren't relegated as a result of the "respect" the players showed on the pitch.

To the Rovers fans urinating in Chorley railway station underpass - really proud of you.

To the supporters claiming a lack of beer is appalling treatment - really proud of you.

To the fans abusing Pedersen - really proud of you

To the supporters behind us in the queue for the train at Horwich, frankly you shouldn't be allowed children, - really proud of you

To the fans urinating in the queue at Horwich, delightful - I'm especially proud of you.

In fact really proud to be associated with such a wonderful group of well behave fans

Does anyone know what all the cafuffel was with the trains going home, Preston, Blackpool way? Was Bolton. Police just being cocks or is there a reason why 2 empty trains where allowed to go past & everybody, about 800 people had to cram on one train that had an empty carriage

Check the Transpennine timetable, in there you'll find it clearly explained how not all the trains are scheduled to stop at Horwich Parkway.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Never come off the breezeblock feeling so down before, shambolic, much like the station afterwards.

Two & half hours to get home, 5 miles away

That will be when the police split both Rovers fans and Bolton fans into three groups. Those travelling to Chorley/Preston, those wanting to go Bolton/Darwen/Blackburn and then the Bolton fans travelling south from Horwich

On the platform the police then guided supporters into each carriage till it was full meaning first come first served was achieved.

I do agree though it would have been a much better day all round if we could have been rammed on the platform and risked being pushed off in front of a train when the inevitable surge began.

Not that there were any elderly, children or disabled people to worry about.

Compare this with the situation at Chorley at 2.20pm. I had to use my body to shield my disabled son while trying to physically push him into the carriage. Was anyone in the slightest bit interested in giving us help or space? No Did the police help control and or prevent a similar situation at Horwich after the match? Yes

Sorry to hear you got home late Aggy.

Jut to say, scott Dann was disgraceful tonight towards me and my 2 friends. We were stood by the coach, had a photo with Rochina and spoke to a few of the other players like goodwillie, yakubu, petrovic. Then Dann came out. My friend said "worst player on the pitch", Dann then stopped signing an autograph and asked my friend to repeat himself, which he did

Dann then proceeded to call all 3 of us every name under the sun and I asked him who he thought he was and that my friends quip was only an opinion. He carried on abusing us, to which we stood up to and then to top it all of he said "come down to the training ground Monday and I'll bang you all"

The stewards then asked us to move which we did straight away

There were many children present and his behaviour was awful, disgraceful and a bad sign for BRFC

Moz or anyone else who physically witnessed this incident and is prepared to go on the record, could you please email me on daniel.clough@nqnw.co.uk or call 01254 298212. I'm in the office until 3.30pm today.

Ok - lets put this in perspective - in March we took 7 out of 12 points. We are 3 points out of the relegation zone.

We played c**p in what must be one of the most unusual circumstances - nobody knew what the impact would be on the Bolton players (though the galvanising effect was always most likely) - the impact on the Rovers, who knows, but certainly not positive.

We lost three points - though a win would have gone a long way towards survival - a defeat isn't the end of the world.

The Wigan match is looking increasingly key - could be almost a winner takes all contest.

This thread is the most depressing of reads.

7 points out of 12 in March is I fear 1 point fewer than we really needed given the fixture list.

Very squeaky bum time now after 5,000 fans turned up against Bolton but the Rovers didn't.

To the Rovers fans urinating in Chorley railway station underpass - really proud of you.

To the supporters claiming a lack of beer is appalling treatment - really proud of you.

To the fans abusing Pedersen - really proud of you

To the supporters behind us in the queue for the train at Horwich, frankly you shouldn't be allowed children, - really proud of you

To the fans urinating in the queue at Horwich, delightful - I'm especially proud of you.

In fact really proud to be associated with such a wonderful group of well behave fans

If any club takes a big following with folk on the booze all day, that is the result. 'Tis the society we live in.

There was a train scheduled to stop at 5.47 I think, which arrived at around 6.15. Given there were sold out signs up at Rovers ticket end early this week I would have hoped BWFC/BTP/ Northern Rail or whoever may have considered the massive extra number of people likely to be needing to use the north bound rail service after the match . The police did a good job, but to have only two trains leave from Horwich parkway in the 90 minutes after the game was bad organization.

Ozz as you know we were on the same train. Network Rail live information was showing a delay in the Manchester area. It arrived at 18.03 and hit Chorley at 18.20

I completely agree extra trains should have been put on and it's crazy the police don't suggest / require this. As you say though the police did a good job on crowd control and I thought loaded the trains quickly and fairly.

Felt later than that, but I will take your word for it Paul! As for the alcohol ban, I must say I would have loved a beer pre match/half time, but I think it actually was a good move. I went up to my seat at 2.55pm at which point most of the concourse was empty and the fans were in their seats singing and getting behind the side (fat lot of good that did). Banning the booze was OK by me, but maybe as gesture BWFC could have had people handing out bottles of water, as it was pretty warm out there.

Standing up for a whole game was a bit of a ball ache though, Cant believe we used to do that every week. Must be getting old. I think its worse when you can't move around like you can when there are no seats-at modern grounds you are just locked in to the one position, with plastic digging in to your legs for 90 minutes.

Though I know why I wasn't too chuffed to pay £1.90 for water which was then poured into a plastic cup. The bloke next to me knocked it over.

Pretty sure about the train times as I rang Mrs P at 5.45 to see we'd be on the 5.47 and at Chorley at 6.00

Mrs P rang as we got on the train to ask how much longer she was expected to wait? Good end to the day!! :(

Jut to say, scott Dann was disgraceful tonight towards me and my 2 friends. We were stood by the coach, had a photo with Rochina and spoke to a few of the other players like goodwillie, yakubu, petrovic. Then Dann came out. My friend said "worst player on the pitch", Dann then stopped signing an autograph and asked my friend to repeat himself, which he did

Dann then proceeded to call all 3 of us every name under the sun and I asked him who he thought he was and that my friends quip was only an opinion. He carried on abusing us, to which we stood up to and then to top it all of he said "come down to the training ground Monday and I'll bang you all"

There were many children present and his behaviour was awful, disgraceful and a bad sign for BRFC

What a complete and utter ######. If he's as good at "banging you all" than he is a footballer then I shouldn't worry.

I cannot help thinking if Dann was an Allardyce or Hughes signing he would be on his way out of the club as I type ..

But Kean signed him , if the stories are true he should never kick a ball for the club again , the fans pay their money and are entitled to an opinion whether he likes it or not ..

He his handsomely rewarded 'can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen ' springs to mind !

You really do have to wonder about the whole Givet/Simon situation. Even to an extent Goodwillie and Modeste. Desperate for a goal and Kean makes just ONE sub, playing one up top for the final part of the game. That just isn't right.

It simply has to be the club unwilling to pay match bonuses? There's no other logical reasoning behind Keans lack of substitutions recently. I know the guy is a baffoon but I'm sure even he would try to freshen things up a bit.

You really do have to wonder about the whole Givet/Simon situation. Even to an extent Goodwillie and Modeste. Desperate for a goal and Kean makes just ONE sub, playing one up top for the final part of the game. That just isn't right.

It simply has to be the club unwilling to pay match bonuses? There's no other logical reasoning behind Keans lack of substitutions recently. I know the guy is a baffoon but I'm sure even he would try to freshen things up a bit.

Givet and Hanley should be our first choice pairing at centre-back but I fear they won't.

This thread is the most depressing of reads.

7 points out of 12 in March is I fear 1 point fewer than we really needed given the fixture list.

Very squeaky bum time now after 5,000 fans turned up against Bolton but the Rovers didn't.

I agree - a draw yesterday - and we would be fairly positive about staying up - now it is far more difficult - but not impossible. I said it a while ago - staying up for any of the bottom 5 will be as much about luck as good play.

The positive aspect - following the Aston Villa draw - number of people on here that said we would be beaten by Wolves - and even after that win the number that said a draw against Sunderland was the best we could hope for.

Take him up on his offer.

Having said that, I am not quite sure what he meant by 'bang you all'

Seriously, write to the club and make the strongest possible complaint.

What a piece of sh*t he is turning out to be, both on and of the pitch.

Thought Givet was injured yesterday - or are the conspiracy theories at it again :rock:

I agree - a draw yesterday - and we would be fairly positive about staying up - now it is far more difficult - but not impossible. I said it a while ago - staying up for any of the bottom 5 will be as much about luck as good play.

Wasn't anything to do with luck yesterday. If we play badly between now and the end of the season, I can't imagine we'll stay up.

Thought Givet was injured yesterday - or are the conspiracy theories at it again :rock:

Who knows what's going on with the players and injuries ? How can anyone believe a word that comes out of the club ? As far as I'm concerned Hanley and Givet are the two best centre halves at the club they should be playing every week. I don't get this " Don't change a winning team" bullshit. When I was involved in football the thinking was " Change the team if the changes improve your chances of winning the next game ". That's all that matters in serous football.

Archived