BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Rovers rednecks'

In a phrase is the media's contempt for a small town northern club.

I note there is very little swiping from the media at Arsenal fans after their shocking behaviour towards Wenger.

The Daily Mirror, a farce of a 'newspaper'

'Rovers rednecks'

I note there is very little swiping from the media at Arsenal fans after their shocking behaviour towards Wenger.

I know people who participated in protests who, I'd wager, have far more class, morals and qualifications than Mr Walters. But then, they won't be riled by his cheap digs as I very much doubt they'd be seen dead reading the Mirror.

I've not much time for Dann as a player but I can understand how he reacted. You know better than anybody else when you've played like a tool, nobody goes over the white line intending to be made a mug of, the last thing you want is some dingbat telling you. Any fans who think players are free game after the match need to think again. As for the ones who want him sacked- get over yourselves ! What's the great game coming to ?

I've not much time for Dann as a player but I can understand how he reacted. You know better than anybody else when you've played like a tool, nobody goes over the white line intending to be made a mug of, the last thing you want is some dingbat telling you. Any fans who think players are free game after the match need to think again. As for the ones who want him sacked- get over yourselves ! What's the great game coming to ?

+100

I think this game just confirmed what [if everyone is being honest] we already knew about Kean. 2-1 down against a side that are as poor as us and either Kean wouldn't change it because he presumably thought we were doing enough to get the equaliser, or he didn't know how to change it. Either way, he appeared to freeze.

Personally I would have taken Formica off after 30 mins, it was so obvious that he was a weak link and that was causing us major problems. As for the team in general and without going into any more individual performances, it just reaffirmed to me that we have a squad of players who in the main are playing in the wrong league. A lot of them are coming out second best on a regular basis.

I think this game just confirmed what [if everyone is being honest] we already knew about Kean. 2-1 down against a side that are as poor as us and either Kean wouldn't change it because he presumably thought we were doing enough to get the equaliser, or he didn't know how to change it. Either way, he appeared to freeze.

Personally I would have taken Formica off after 30 mins, it was so obvious that he was a weak link and that was causing us major problems. As for the team in general and without going into any more individual performances, it just reaffirmed to me that we have a squad of players who in the main are playing in the wrong league. A lot of them are coming out second best on a regular basis.

He's learning though and is bound to make the odd mistake. Really if anything I blame the assistant he should have stepped in and spoken up. But he's not been here long and perhaps needs to settle in a bit more until he's comfortable doing that. They'll get there in the end and once that's sorted combined with his thinking and positivity things will look far more rosy.

But they're young and like Kean are learning their trade too. They'll be up to speed soon. I'm so excited by the looks of our current squad they are all so young and can only get better as they mature. Every game they play adds a little bit more to their worth as well. Financially we must have one of the most increased value % squads, that's worth it's weight in gold. It also shows what a grand job our new owners are doing as that surely means the club is worth more now than when they bought it. Things are looking bright and the whole thing just smacks of one thing:

Genius.

In my opinion, Kamy's theory about Kean having to manage a weekly appearance fee budget is absolutely dead on. One doesn't have to be a tactical genius to figure out that if you are pushing for a goal, you send on another forward. It is a basic strategy, used every week from the Premiership down to park football. It may not always work (and is dependent, of course, on the player you throw on) but it is the least one can expect in most circumstances. You know it, I know it, my mum knows it, even Steve Kean - for all his obvious ineptitude - knows it. When even the most elementary of footballing tenets are being jettisoned for no apparent reason, the more unusual theories gain traction.

Venky's may not give a sh*t about the club, the supporters or the league position but they are undoubtedly very aware of the bottom line. Kean isn't going to India every month to shag Mrs D and talk about the weather. I have no doubt that he has a laundry list of bizarre and petty rules by which he must abide if he hopes to continue stealing a living.

Blimey Maj, I thought you were serious there for a minute.

I don't really know how to explain it, perhaps it's the weather? But suddenly I feel so warm towards the goings on at Rovers. For me now the whole situation is like when you sell your house. The buyer generally always redecorates and really that's all Venky's have done with Rovers so far. Trouble is Rovers is a house with 25,000 odd must have residents and they are mostly just struggling with the colour schemes. But as with everything time will heal and that won't take too long.

In my opinion, Kamy's theory about Kean having to manage a weekly appearance fee budget is absolutely dead on. One doesn't have to be a tactical genius to figure out that if you are pushing for a goal, you send on another forward. It is a basic strategy, used every week from the Premiership down to park football. It may not always work (and is dependent, of course, on the player you throw on) but it is the least one can expect in most circumstances. You know it, I know it, my mum knows it, even Steve Kean - for all his obvious ineptitude - knows it. When even the most elementary of footballing tenets are being jettisoned for no apparent reason, the more unusual theories gain traction.

Venky's may not give a sh*t about the club, the supporters or the league position but they are undoubtedly very aware of the bottom line. Kean isn't going to India every month to shag Mrs D and talk about the weather. I have no doubt that he has a laundry list of bizarre and petty rules by which he must abide if he hopes to continue stealing a living.

Then why not have Academy lads on the bench? Or would that give the game away?

'Rovers rednecks'

I'd wager this is the media's general perception of Rovers fans:

1629tw1.png

hi guys i know this is'nt the place to post this but I thought some of use could help.

I'm from Ireland and thinking about moving across to the uk. I work as a plasterer here and was wondering what the consturction trade is like in blackburn?

Because I'd love to get setup near the club. If anyone can give me some info at all i'd much appreciate it

thanks for listening

We were stood by the coach, had a photo with Rochina and spoke to a few of the other players

I'm glad to hear that Rochina was at the game. I thought he had gone back to Spain for good; such is the lack of information coming out of the club.

It ruined my day if i'm honest. I had a few beers (5/6) before getting the train from Preston to Horwich. From there I couldn't have a beer before, during or after the game. Couple that with the waiting of 2 hours to get back to Preston on the train. It ended up that I had not had a beer for 5 hours on an away day.

I was looking forward to my first pint of the day. If we had known there was no beer available we would have stayed outside in the sunshine for another 30 minutes.

I'm glad you're proud of me, Paul.

This is going to need more explanation ................

He got involved with 'whisky away' and fell victim! Whisky away involves a whisky with every pint, and when you start supping before 10am it usually has consequences.

hi guys i know this is'nt the place to post this but I thought some of use could help.

I'm from Ireland and thinking about moving across to the uk. I work as a plasterer here and was wondering what the consturction trade is like in blackburn?

Because I'd love to get setup near the club. If anyone can give me some info at all i'd much appreciate it

thanks for listening

Plasterers I know round here usually get better work/money when working out of the area.

Dann was absolutely terrible in the air against Bolton. His poor marking and lack of effort to get to the ball cost us 2 goals and there were a couple more opportunities that he gave away to Bolton because of missed headers. I know we've kept 2 clean sheets for the first time this season with the Hanley/Dann partnership, but I think Givet is by far our best defender and should be back in the squad in place of Dann.

thanks for listening

Best piece of advice would be not to try and set up in Blackburn, or perhaps even the North West for that matter. Its a construction graveyard. I work in the industry and travel to London every week to work. Its the only place with a decent volume of work.

Good luck.

Archived