BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] End of Season Table Predictions

Below I have put down my end of season results predictions. After listening to the points total predictions for survival on podcast 30, I thought it would be interesting to see what people think will be the bottom 3 at the end of the next 8 games.

Current League Table - Bottom 5

Pos Team P W D L GD PTS

16 Blackburn Rovers 30 7 7 16 -19 28

17 Bolton Wanderers 29 8 2 19 -25 26

18 Queens Park Rangers 30 6 7 17 -20 25

19 Wigan Athletic 30 5 10 15 -28 25

20 Wolverhampton Wanderers 30 5 7 18 -34 22

Wolves remaining fixtures

Bolton (h) - L

Stoke (a) - L

Arsenal (h) - L

Sunderland (a) - D

Man City (h) - L

Swansea (a) - D

Everton (h) - D

Wigan (a) - W

6 out of 24 points

Wigan remaining fixtures

Stoke (h) - D

Chelsea (a) - L

Man Utd (h) - L

Arsenal (a) - L

Fulham (a) - D

Newcastle (h) - W

Blackburn (a) - D

Wolves (h) - L

6 out of 24 points

QPR remiaining fixtures

Arsenal (h) - L

Man Utd (a) - L

Swansea (h) - W

WBA (a) - D

Tottenham (h) - D

Chelsea (a) - D

Stoke (h) - W

Man City (a) - L

9 out of 24 points

Bolton remaining fixtures

Wolves (a) - W

Fulham (h) - D

Newcastle (a) - D

Swansea (h) - D

Sunderland (a) - L

WBA (h) - L

Stoke (a) - D

Tottenham (h) - L

Aston V (a) - D (rescheduled game)

8 out of 27 points

Blackburn remianing fixtures

Man Utd (h) - L

WBA (a) - D

Liverpool (h) - D

Swansea (a) - W

Norwich (h) - W

Tottenham (a) - L

Wigan (h) - D

Chelsea (a) - L

9 out of 24 points

End of season League Table - Bottom 5

Pos Team P W D L PTS

16 Blackburn Rovers 38 9 10 19 37

17 Bolton Wanderers 38 9 7 22 34

18 Queens Park Rangers 38 8 10 20 34

19 Wigan Athletic 38 6 13 19 31

20 Wolverhampton Wanderers 38 6 10 22 28

I hope my predictions are close to correct as it would see our beloved club stay in the top flight for another season. It's hard to predict the results (especially after Liverpool's helping hand to our rivals lately) but I hope we can stay up and avoid a last day decider against Chelsea. I have a feeling it will come down to goal difference between Bolton and QPR, but I think due to the tough fixtures QPR have that Bolton would just edge it.

Ya id say your right. Hope Liverpool don't get their act together before we play them. A point in that game could be very valuable

I just have this feeling that following LIverpool's defeats to Wigan and QPR super Kean will manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of possible victory. If so he would probably blame it on Liverpool players playing for their FA Cup semi final places

There is no one team in the bottom 5 that I would love to go down (in the way I was happy West Ham were relegated last year)

I hope that either Wigan or Bolton stay up with Rovers of course.

Big games this weekend, possibly a draw would be best in the Wolves v Bolton game.

There is no one team in the bottom 5 that I would love to go down (in the way I was happy West Ham were relegated last year)

Big games this weekend, possibly a draw would be best in the Wolves v Bolton game.

Qpr - apart from them I don't care as long as it's not us.

• Backroom

Wolves, in a way, deserve to go down for sacking McCarthy and putting 'TC' in his place.

FWIW I would have said the same of us last year had we gone down - self-inflicted and deserved.

I very much doubt Bolton fans will be hoping we stay up, they'd like nothing better than to see their 'arch' rivals (Bury?) relegated and give them bragging rights for being Lancashire's (Greater Manchester's?) Premier club.

I really hope Wigan pull out of it and stay in the league though, I always enjoy the away trip there and the banter with their fans who seem a lot friendlier than most others.

I very much doubt Bolton fans will be hoping we stay up, they'd like nothing better than to see their 'arch' rivals (Bury?) relegated and give them bragging rights for being Lancashire's (Greater Manchester's?) Premier club.

I really hope Wigan pull out of it and stay in the league though, I always enjoy the away trip there and the banter with their fans who seem a lot friendlier than most others.

Just looking at the last six results for our rivals. I was surprised to see that Wigan had won 2, drawn 3 and only lost 1 out of the last six games. QPR Won 1, drawn 1, lost 4. Bolton 2 wins, 4 losses, Wolves 1 draw, 5 losses. Rovers won 3,drawn 1, lost 2. Outsiders Villa won 1, drawn 2, lost 3.

We need Villa to lose at home to Chelsea, QPR to lose at home to Arsenal, Wigan to lose at Home to Stoke and Wolves v Bolton to be a draw.

Just looking at the last six results for our rivals. I was surprised to see that Wigan had won 2, drawn 3 and only lost 1 out of the last six games. QPR Won 1, drawn 1, lost 4. Bolton 2 wins, 4 losses, Wolves 1 draw, 5 losses. Rovers won 3,drawn 1, lost 2. Outsiders Villa won 1, drawn 2, lost 3.

It's bizarre how Bolton only seem to win or lose, they've only drawn twice all season, could be a good indication of what will happen between them and Wolves today, then again it could be just another useless stat.

United underestimated us last time out can`t see them making that mistake again. :(

They didn't underestimate us rhodie, they only needed the one point and settled for that. 20 mins to go and they stopped attacking. I think if they'd needed a win, they might very well have got it.

They didn't underestimate us rhodie, they only needed the one point and settled for that. 20 mins to go and they stopped attacking. I think if they'd needed a win, they might very well have got it.

I think he meant when we played them at Old Trafford Den but your point is correct. Had United needed to win at Ewood last year they probably could have done after they equalised.

Well there's three of them ! Diasterous day for us. Lost points against the fellow strugglers hurting us now.

Looks like we need a result on Monday now.

I know. Can't believe it, arsenal have won their last seven then go and lose to qpr!

Wolves are gone, it's two relegation places now

Wigan remaining fixtures

Stoke (h) - D

Chelsea (a) - L

Man Utd (h) - L

Arsenal (a) - L

Fulham (a) - D

Newcastle (h) - W

Blackburn (a) - D

Wolves (h) - L

6 out of 24 points

Wigan pulled off the upset today so that gives them an additional 3 and then, I don't really see them losing that last match vs. Wolves either. So, Wigan could conceivably double how many you thought they would get. But vs. Newcastle, saying that is a win is a bit of a stretch. People just don't want to respect Newcastle but they've had a good season.

I've looked at the games. I stick by what I said in the other thread, the surviving teams could be getting about 38 points, if that happens, IF, Aston Villa still could get dragged into it, to drop? Probably not but they might drop into 16th or something.

Wigan pulled off the upset today so that gives them an additional 3 and then, I don't really see them losing that last match vs. Wolves either. So, Wigan could conceivably double how many you thought they would get. But vs. Newcastle, saying that is a win is a bit of a stretch. People just don't want to respect Newcastle but they've had a good season.

I've looked at the games. I stick by what I said in the other thread, the surviving teams could be getting about 38 points, if that happens, IF, Aston Villa still could get dragged into it, to drop? Probably not but they might drop into 16th or something.

Like I said earlier Wigan are the form team of the bottom 5. QPR have the players and manager to fight their way out of this. That leaves Rovers, Bolton and Wolves out in the cold. It's not looking good for us at the moment , anything less than a battling performance tomorrow will not do. In some respects the way we play aganst the red rats is as important as the result. I can't say I'm optimistic but if QPR can beat Arsenal anything is possible.

18 Wigan Athletic

19 Blackburn Rovers

20 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bolton to survive on the Muamba effect , galvanising them when most needed..

QPR to survive , they have better players and manager than any other of the bottom 5 ...

Wigan blow hot and cold .Have some talented players .Dangerous opponents on their day...

Wolves have gone ,,

Rovers , going to struggle now ..The club desreves to be relegated, the rot starts at the TOP ..We can not move forward til Kean and Venkys are gone ..I do not want relegation but if it speeds the demise of Kean and Venkys ,I welcome it with open arms...

18 Wigan Athletic

19 Blackburn Rovers

20 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bolton to survive on the Muamba effect , galvanising them when most needed..

QPR to survive , they have better players and manager than any other of the bottom 5 ...

Wigan blow hot and cold .Have some talented players .Dangerous opponents on their day...

Wolves have gone ,,

Rovers , going to struggle now ..The club desreves to be relegated, the rot starts at the TOP ..We can not move forward til Kean and Venkys are gone ..I do not want relegation but if it speeds the demise of Kean and Venkys ,I welcome it with open arms...

Agree there although think it will be a very close call between Wigan and Bolton, so I reckon Wigan with the experience in this sort of dog fight will be the best prepared.

Having said that this is the premier league.. so we could have a suprise or two.. lol

It's getting harder to call by the week. We have games we can win and ones we can draw. QPR's run wont last i think. There fixtures are insane. We can still stay up. Just gonna need top performances from here on out. Tomorrows game is most likely a defeat but a draw could be huge to our survival chances. Here's hoping COYB

Archived