BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

He is deluded...played perfectly against utd???? You amaze me more and more....

I said we played it pretty much perfectly and I was referring to the first 80 minutes.

Please explain why this is a deluded statement.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said we played it pretty much perfectly and I was referring to the first 80 minutes.

A game is a mixture of attack and defence, we are unable to do both in the same game, if we are attacking, we leave gaping holes at the back, If we are defending, we cant attack teams as we have one striker a million miles away from the ball, our midfield is nowhere near good enough!

I will give you the words of wisdom of the Barcelona coach, we Move as a unit backwards, forwards or whatever, by doing that, it gives you options, cover, pressure and support!!

We defended stoutly for 80 minutes but were undone by the manager failing to replace tired players and the brilliance of United's players.

You're not deluded, just wrong as usual and defending the indefensible (the manager) as always.

A game is a mixture of attack and defence, we are unable to do both in the same game, if we are attacking, we leave gaping holes at the back, If we are defending, we cant attack teams as we have one striker a million miles away from the ball, our midfield is nowhere near good enough!

I will give you the words of wisdom of the Barcelona coach, we Move as a unit backwards, forwards or whatever, by doing that, it gives you options, cover, pressure and support!!

Well that's an interesting statement.

We defended well for 80 minutes and had some attacks in those 80 minutes which we could have scored from. So I don't understand your point.

If scott dann starts I am not going! not after the last few matches gets me far too angry, You could handpick the largest fellow from our support and he would have more ability and play with more passion than Dann

How bizarre.

You are going to postpone your decision on attendance until the team is announced, then if one player is played you will not go? With all the supposed reasons not to go this is the one for you?

We defended stoutly for 80 minutes but were undone by the manager failing to replace tired players and the brilliance of United's players.

You're not deluded, just wrong as usual and defending the indefensible (the manager) as always.

If you'll refer to my original post I made reference to questionable decisions from Kean. Please actually read what has been said before posting.

Well that's an interesting statement.

We defended well for 80 minutes and had some attacks in those 80 minutes which we could have scored from. So I don't understand your point.

I give up with you, you really have little understanding of football, we cant retain possession for christs sake, our ball retention is at best that of a much lower league club, we are without a midfield of any note, indeed as mentioned after the game, sCHOLES BALL RETENTION WAS ALMOST 100% the majority of the balls werte played wide right to Valencia who was man of the match, now, seeing as you dont understand my point, as a football person, what would you have done to stop Valencia?

I give up with you, you really have little understanding of football, we cant retain possession for christs sake, our ball retention is at best that of a much lower league club, we are without a midfield of any note, indeed as mentioned after the game, sCHOLES BALL RETENTION WAS ALMOST 100% the majority of the balls werte played wide right to Valencia who was man of the match, now, seeing as you dont understand my point, as a football person, what would you have done to stop Valencia?

The way we were set up worked for 80 minutes, in which the team at the top of the league racing away with the title had very few clear cut chances and we managed a few decent efforts ourselves before that goal. What is it about that observation that makes me deluded or that you disagree with? We were playing against a team running away with the league. Did you not at any point envisage that we may not have had the majority of the possession?

Took something special to beat us and then it was over. Should have made subs.

Possession wasn't our strength under the last manager. Aside from Diouf there were few who could keep the ball.

(edited mistake to place question mark after with, as it had previously been a full stop)

ill probably go tonight but im finding it hard to have any feeling towards it. i hate going to ewood these days. it feels more of a chore than entertainment. there is so much i hate about our club rather than like. the prodigal son kean who is loved by everybody. our owners who havnt had any critism from our media. the same media who lambast our fans for everything we do.

im sick of seeing the same tactics he has used from day 1 which do not work and using players that are not good enough. now if this is because of the owners putting blocks on using certain players then kean should say this instead of being a puppet and happily going along destroying our club.

If you'll refer to my original post I made reference to questionable decisions from Kean. Please actually read what has been said before posting.

I've better things to do dear boy than read pages of this stuff. This is a messageboard and everyone is entitled to express their views.

I've better things to do dear boy than read pages of this stuff. This is a messageboard and everyone is entitled to express their views.

Indeed, but basing your opinion by using judgements influenced by things that never happened or were never said is not the best strategy when operating on a textual platform.

The way we were set up worked for 80 minutes, in which the team at the top of the league racing away with the title had very few clear cut chances and we managed a few decent efforts ourselves before that goal. What is it about that observation that makes me deluded or that you disagree with. We were playing against a team running away with the league. Did you not at any point envisage that we may not have had the majority of the possession?

Took something special to beat us and then it was over. Should have made subs.

Possession wasn't our strength under the last manager. Aside from Diouf there were few who could keep the ball.

Please answer my question Braddock.

Indeed, but basing your opinion by using judgements influenced by things that never happened or were never said is not the best strategy when operating on a textual platform.

I'm only a simple chap; why does that mean in plain English ?

Please answer my question Braddock.

I'm not a manager or a coach and I'd have found it very hard to stop Manchester United beating Blackburn Rovers and Scholes retaining possession, or marking Valencia who hugged the touchline all game. All I can set up well and it worked for 80 minutes. Now please tell me what you would have done oh wise one. And answer my question in my previous post.

Just seen this on Twitter

Alan Nixon ‏ @reluctantnicko Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Hear there will be some of the Venkys folk at Blackburn game tonight. That should help the atmosphere ...

Very interesting. Never thought they'd step foot inside ewood again. Hope they have good security!

Positive news, though. Nothing can be done if they hide away in their Pune bunker.

I'm going for a draw tonight. Bellamy concerns me.

I'm not a manager or a coach and I'd have found it very hard to stop Manchester United beating Blackburn Rovers and Scholes retaining possession, or marking Valencia who hugged the touchline all game. All I can set up well and it worked for 80 minutes. Now please tell me what you would have done oh wise one. And answer my question in my previous post.

Quite simply I would have stopped his supply line by forcing Scholes the other way, surely, you arent telling me a 38 year old can outrun a side who Kean describes as the youngest in the league, now if they are young, they should at least be able to stop him playing that ball almost every time he got it, he may find a pass to Valencia 3 or 4 times but almost every pass went there and thats poor management, bloody hell, someone should have clattered into Scholes to stop him doing that, it was like Sunderland away, a matter of time before United scored, we defended far too deep, their keeper only had two, maybe three shots to save the whole game.

braddock, explain how it worked? we knackered ourselves out for 80 minutes trying to keep possesion, which we didnt and spent it chasing shadows when they passed us off the park, the last 10 minutes they went for the kill. perfect analogy is a lion/cheeta/tiger chasing its prey until its knackered out then they go for the kill, does the wilderbeast/buffalo say at the end of the chase 'this worked'?

Which was?

Quite simply I would have stopped his supply line by forcing Scholes the other way, surely, you arent telling me a 38 year old can outrun a side who Kean describes as the youngest in the league, now if they are young, they should at least be able to stop him playing that ball almost every time he got it, he may find a pass to Valencia 3 or 4 times but almost every pass went there and thats poor management, bloody hell, someone should have clattered into Scholes to stop him doing that, it was like Sunderland away, a matter of time before United scored, we defended far too deep, their keeper only had two, maybe three shots to save the whole game.

Forcing Scholes the other way is easier said than done. Scholes got space, not only because of how close we were to him but the movement of the entire team. They play as a unit, as you hinted earlier. With the amount of space Valencia had (due to how wide he was playing) if we had got to Scholes then another player would have got it to him.

Archived