BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

Why were we so bad in the opening 80 minutes then?

We weren't bad but sitting back and defending and hoping to survive for 90 minutes against a team of United's talent is highly unlikely. You need luck and Rovers ran out of luck after 80 minutes through a combination of our tiredness and their individual brilliance. Kean deserves some credit for the way he set his team up but how do you explain the subsequent dire performance against WBA ?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"They play as a unit"

Is that braddock admitting that rovers didn't play as a unit?

Would that not be down to our manager and how he chose to set up the team, not only that but should said manager not also have adjusted his game plan during the game to compensate for scholes passing and Valencia's movement?

Why were we so bad in the opening 80 minutes then?

No, you're right. Which is why Kean is gonna staple those 80mins to the first 20 of the WBA game. Excelsior!

This has gone far beyond analysing isolated performances. Perhaps a new manager would be afforded that luxury, but not Kean. We've had 18 months of this sh!te. We all know by now that the guy is perennially inept and not fit to manage a Premier League football club. We've had our purple patch and look where we've ended up. It's not going to get any better than this, I'm afraid. I know you were making a general comment on the match but it's patently obvious you can't see the bigger picture here.

Very interesting. Never thought they'd step foot inside ewood again. Hope they have good security!

Positive news, though. Nothing can be done if they hide away in their Pune bunker.

I'm going for a draw tonight. Bellamy concerns me.

Venkys are still communicating with some individuals - not as silent as some think.

Beeen at The Dunkenhalgh late afternoon / early evening where the Liverpool party are / were.

Anyone expecting them to field a weakened team need to prepare themselves for disappointment ;)

My team for this is:-

Robinson; Orr, Hanley, Givet, Martin Olsson; Formica, Dunn, Nzonzi, Vukcevic; Hoilett, Yakubu.

Subs:- Kean, Lowe, Pedersen, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Dann, Henley.

Spot on Chaddy, but Kean's too useless to see that this is clearly his strongest team at the moment.

Same team as WBA and another gutless performance. Prove me wrong Keano.

Hope Carrol plays tonight it will help us break down there attacks that guy truly is awful not worth 5million never mind 35mill.

Carroll is good and, unfortunately for us, I have a horrible feeling that he will prove it tonight. Expect good service from the Liverpool flanks and Carroll will revel in the space that he will find in our box.

Forcing Scholes the other way is easier said than done. Scholes got space, not only because of how close we were to him but the movement of the entire team. They play as a unit, as you hinted earlier. With the amount of space Valencia had (due to how wide he was playing) if we had got to Scholes then another player would have got it to him.

That because you'd have been more effectivce than Jason Lowe in the centre of Rovers midfield braddock. :rover:

anyone else sectretly hoping for a liverpool win, i know i shouldnt but i cant help it with my utter disgust with keankys, cant stand that face-slapping grin on kean's face when we win, when i go to games, im in two minds, praying every defeat is one step closer to keankys going out the door!!!

anyone else sectretly hoping for a liverpool win, i know i shouldnt but i cant help it with my utter disgust with keankys, cant stand that face-slapping grin on kean's face when we win, when i go to games, im in two minds, praying every defeat is one step closer to keankys going out the door!!!

No :rover:

They will go when there is nothing left to milk.

Forcing Scholes the other way is easier said than done. Scholes got space, not only because of how close we were to him but the movement of the entire team. They play as a unit, as you hinted earlier. With the amount of space Valencia had (due to how wide he was playing) if we had got to Scholes then another player would have got it to him.

Now how would you know that?

You admitted earlier that you didnt see the game and your dad told you that we defended well for 80 minutes?

As for being tight on Scholes, he had, as posted a few days ago, enough time to pump the bloody ball up!!

I take your point and have to admit i have toyed with the idea my self.... But unfortunatly the reality is he is staying. The game against bolton at home should have been the final final final final final straw - being well beaten at home by the bottom club and being replaced by them - ive just been sick in my mouth

So Rovers fans. Team for tonight? Robbo, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Hoilett, Peds, Nzonzi, Martin Olsson, Dunn, Yakubu

according to cryer. seems a bit early for team news

Thats probably about the best most experienced team we could put out, after the sale of many of our better players over the past eighteen months.

Thats probably about the best most experienced team we could put out, after the sale of many of our better players over the past eighteen months.

if this team is true as it seems way to early for me ill be glad to see ollson further forward in his best position

Archived