BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wigan go down and we stay up, as happy as I will be, it will be a travesty.

It hurts me to say it , but you are 100% correct !

I cannot help thinking the RUBBER DINGHY men are going to resurface tonight !

I'm not sure if any of the teams in the bottom five deserve to be in the Premier League to be honest, Wigan included they are all dog turd. I do worry for the two teams that stay up out of that group though, I don't believe they'll get the same chance as this season to play that bad and survive.

Anyway back to the Liverpool game, Lawro's predicted us to draw 1-1, would anyone be happy enough with that?

I, for one would be happy with 1-1 , the reason being it is 1 point more than I think we will get !

Is this me clutching at straws again; or might Dann, as a scouser, be motivated to put in a better performance against Liverpool?

Clutching at straws!

Is Yakubu a fan of Everton from his time there and motivated to put in a better performance against their rivals ?

• Backroom

Been struck with manflu for this weekend and not feeling right so don't think I'll be going tonight, surprisingly nonplussed about that.

Excellent preview DE4life.

Rovers have a chance today if Liverpool rest a few players because of the cup game and as long as their players selected don't suddenly find some form/have something to prove. However in recent years we seem to have that knack of giving a win to clubs that have been really out of form and have badly needed a win - for Rovers sake that trend can't continue tonight.

By the sounds of it our 'coach' is going to freshen up the side and do a bit of rotation, knowing Kean's tactical acumen that probably doesn't bode well for tonight.

I'm going for a Liverpool win, despite their current form they can put out a side that's better than anything we have. The two Rovers wins (against Sunderland and Wolves) papered over the cracks but with the last three losses the cracks are once again showing.

2-0 Liverpool. Caroll exposing our aerial frailties since Samba left and Bellamy with a goal against a former club.

Kean...

"There's no reason why we can't bounce back and beat Liverpool, we did it last year - with a better team which we have now sold off of course.

If we can put the first 80 minutes against Manchester United together with our 20 minute spell in the second half against West Brom, together with the five minutes from sometime in February 2011 when I managed to convince some 5 year old kid that I'm actually good enough to be a Premier League Manager, you will get the overall intensity and performance required. Add to that the 4 seconds that it took The Yak to score 4 goals against Swansea and you can see what we're trying to do here. Plus another second for a high five and I think we'll have as good a chance as any team in the world.

The problem we'll have is that the game will go on for 105 minutes and 5 seconds and that is something we'll have to be mindful of as a lot of the lads get really tired after 65-70 minutes. We've been working hard at that in training, looking to cram 105mins and 5 seconds into just the 90 minutes or whatever it is and it's not been easy. But if we can get it right I'm confident I can increase the value of the players.

Oh, and stop up as well. That's important apparently.

No more questions."

*Grins - then walks out*

If they field a weakened team does that mean Andy Carrol will start? If he does he will certainly score, any team struggling for a win always beat us and donkeys who never score (Heskey and so on) always run us ragged.

My optimism is running on fumes.

Wow what a game coming up. Loose, then the fat lady has truly cleared her throat! But remarkably, if we win, then I can also see us beating Swansea and being safe easily. The margins are truly narrow I think!

Kean has to play Hoillet and Yak centrally from the start tonight, it was a massive tactically mistake at West Brom.

The midfield 4 should be Martin (not convinced defence is his best place), Nzonzi (who's beginning to look overrated in my opinion), Peds, Formica (who I think is due a spectacular goal).

In defence, hope Kean goes Orr, Givet, Hanley & Henley. Let's hope Kean can justify dropping Dann (to himself) as part of his squad rotation.

We have to play a high tempo, to give the crowd something to get behind (went to Fulham vs Chelsea last night - the Fulham fans were truly fantastic supporting a high tempo game). We also need to start better and press, most games it takes us 20 minutes to get going, plus we give the opposition so much space!!!

It's a tough gig for Kenny tonight, but given both Chelsea and Everton rotated their squads despite having an extra days recovery to Liverpool, I think Kenny will stick his head in the sand, and rotate the squad no matter the consequences, making his focus Saturday. I think we've been lucky here...

Tonight will require a couple of Hero's, but if we do pull off a win, then let's enjoy our football tonight for tmrw....well who knows what we may have to suffer.

On a separate note, I get all the Venky / Kean stuff, it's all very depressing. But this board does possess some of the biggest whingers, half pinters, and utter pessimists I've ever known, it's becoming really boring and I’m sure it’s draining for the players. The reality is, we are where we are, and when we're safe or down, that's the time to protest, as clearly right now, nothing is going to change. And I for sure, want another season in this fantastic league, with my fantastic club, despite our unfantastic owners. Prediction 2-1 rovers!

On a separate note, I get all the Venky / Kean stuff, it's all very depressing. But this board does possess some of the biggest whingers, half pinters, and utter pessimists I've ever known, it's becoming really boring and I’m sure it’s draining for the players. The reality is, we are where we are, and when we're safe or down, that's the time to protest, as clearly right now, nothing is going to change. And I for sure, want another season in this fantastic league, with my fantastic club, despite our unfantastic owners. Prediction 2-1 rovers!

It's people moaning on a website, how is it 'draining for the players'?

Wow what a game coming up. Loose, then the fat lady has truly cleared her throat! But remarkably, if we win, then I can also see us beating Swansea and being safe easily. The margins are truly narrow I think!

Kean has to play Hoillet and Yak centrally from the start tonight, it was a massive tactically mistake at West Brom.

The midfield 4 should be Martin (not convinced defence is his best place), Nzonzi (who's beginning to look overrated in my opinion), Peds, Formica (who I think is due a spectacular goal).

In defence, hope Kean goes Orr, Givet, Hanley & Henley. Let's hope Kean can justify dropping Dann (to himself) as part of his squad rotation.

We have to play a high tempo, to give the crowd something to get behind (went to Fulham vs Chelsea last night - the Fulham fans were truly fantastic supporting a high tempo game). We also need to start better and press, most games it takes us 20 minutes to get going, plus we give the opposition so much space!!!

It's a tough gig for Kenny tonight, but given both Chelsea and Everton rotated their squads despite having an extra days recovery to Liverpool, I think Kenny will stick his head in the sand, and rotate the squad no matter the consequences, making his focus Saturday. I think we've been lucky here...

Tonight will require a couple of Hero's, but if we do pull off a win, then let's enjoy our football tonight for tmrw....well who knows what we may have to suffer.

Are you on tonight or another non attendee who slags protesters?

So if we go down wr can protest in close season ? Pmsl ... Amazing.

You’re entitled to your viewpoint but I don't see why the players would be drained. If anything if they read this and other Rovers sites and thought they were being harshly judged it wouldn't drain me, in fact it would motivate me to go out there and prove those fans wrong.

The only drain I see on the players is having to put up with Kean's BS on a weekly basis.

On to tonight, I don't see the optimism about tonight's game. Liverpool are in some horrendous form but look at both sides on paper and they are most certainly a better side than us. Liverpool also clearly have a superior manager. Don't forget we are in some pretty shocking form as well, been around the relegation places since the very start of the season and have just lost the last three conceding 7 goals in the process.

I'd love to predict 3, 4, 5-0 wins every week for Rovers but I am a realist. We are a crap team with a crap manager, the table doesn't lie.

Let's hope I and many others are wrong about this fixture and we pull off a much needed win, as of right now I can't see it happening.

Saturday is their cup final, don't under estimate the value of bragging rites when it comes to Everton.

They'll field a weakened team tonight but I still wonder if Kean can generate the urgency we'll need.

A win isn't out of the question :tu:

We'll field a weakened team as well because its the only one left.

It's people moaning on a website, how is it 'draining for the players'?

Because I think it can go to board, to terrace, to players, to self-defeating! I think it's fairly straight forward sport psychology. Of course it’s not wrong to express negative criticism, it’s just the constancy which becomes dull after a while.

Are you on tonight or another non attendee who slags protesters?

So if we go down wr can protest in close season ? Pmsl ... Amazing.

Attendee, I'm afraid, was at West Brom, will be there tonight with my boys. Don't spam, all that not real fan crap. Just give me one reason why protesting now, makes anything difference to our performance tonight or to the end of the season! How does that help us stay up? And forget taking the "better in the championship" view, our club is 100% more sellable in the premiership!

• Backroom

I'd love to predict 3, 4, 5-0 wins every week for Rovers but I am a realist. We are a crap team with a crap manager, the table doesn't lie.

Very true pal. I wouldn't predict us to beat any team in the league save Wolves. I think we are that bad. Doesn't mean we won't beat other teams, just that it's unlikely.

Ask yourself what came first?

Was it dire, heartless, incompetent performances or whas it criticism of dire, heartless, incompetence performances?

The crowds reaction is a direct result of the dross they watch

You're absolutely right, but you won't break the cycle, by simply mimicking the dross you see on the pitch.

My real concern tonight is the return of Daniel Agger. He has been brilliant for them this season. Since his absence from the team (after the CC Final), Liverpool have lost 7 and drawn 1 I think.

He was back in action against Villa, albeit as a sub, but was in the thick of the action and playing a vital role in the equaliser.

Need a good start and hopefully take the lead. Many Liverpool fans I have been speaking to have said that this side does not have the mentality to bounce back from losing positions, similar to previous Liverpool teams.

I'll be happy with a draw that will see us out the relegation zone.

Archived