SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st 25 minutes, shocking.

Had Yakubu taken his 1st penalty with abit more conviction and had the ref not bottled some other big decisions such as Finnigan getting a 2nd yellow, or the 2nd keeper getting a straight red then who knows what would have happened. HOWEVER it was Rovers own fault for such a bad start and also the missed penalty.

As with the United game, dont take your chances and you get punished at this level.

2 more for Yak, but he should have had a hat-trick.....

GUTTED!

Oh one more issue - Daglish' lack of respect for interviews after the games are starting to grind....muppet!

Inexperience and lacking in leadership/nouse.

All over the place; owners, management, players.

Samba, Givet, Nelson, Emerton, Diouf, Pedersen, Salgado, Roberts, Andrews, J Jones.

I'm not having a go at the youngsters, they too are being badly let down and being asked to do too much.

I wish I could because watching Rovers is the worst thing in my life right now. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride and self torture. I couldnt get myself to watch any on the pens and I was ill several hours before kick-off. I know it will be like this for the rest of the season Wigan, Norwich, Swansea. I am going to watch every single game torturing myself.

This is unbearable.

Know how you feel - bad mood didn't really describe how I felt last night - and I don't feel much better this morning.

Oh one more issue - Daglish' lack of respect for interviews after the games are starting to grind....muppet!

He was always narky back in the 90s, but now he is embarassing himself.

It's the Liverpool buble they get in, 'conspiracy, Manc media and offcials are out to get us' and so on.

Appalling selection to leave out Peders & Givet. Peders' industry sadly missed together with his contribution from set pieces. As for Givet, FFS, we've conceded 102 goals in Coco's 54 PL games and in an interview I heard tonight he says we can't keep conceding 2 & 3 goals per match but leaves out our best defender continually !!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before, wtf does Marcus Ollson bring to the party - IMO, he's extremely, extremely average.

I agree about MGP - Nzonzi played the best football of his career alongside J Jones - I think he needs a player alongside him to create space etc. Unfortunately for us MGP is our poor mans Jones - I had hoped Lowe would take up that role -but I think MGP's experience gives him the edge. Dunn & Nzonzi as a combination doesn't work. BTW - anyone think we had a shout for a free kick for a high foot when Shelvey got the ball off Dunn to set up the eventual second goal ?

Ollson - I agree he looks average - but he has very much been thrown in at the deep end. For me what he offers is the pace to get on the end of some of those long balls and then hold the ball up long enough for his brother to join the attack. It may not be a lot - but is often more than Formica can do.

There is far too much misplaced confidence that we will rollover the likes of Norwich & Wigan at home. I honestly don't know where this comes from. Typified by 'we are playing Liverpool at a good time', 'Liverpool will play a weakened team' - FFS, almost anyone who played for Liverpool last night would stroll into our team.

Aren't you the guy who said we'd roll over Sunderland and survival would be safe as houses?

Who are you to talk?

1st 25 minutes, shocking.

Had Yakubu taken his 1st penalty with abit more conviction and had the ref not bottled some other big decisions such as Finnigan getting a 2nd yellow, or the 2nd keeper getting a straight red then who knows what would have happened. HOWEVER it was Rovers own fault for such a bad start and also the missed penalty.

Wasn't it Flanagan's backpass that let Hoilett in for Doni's red card? Send him off and the whole game changes, and not necessarily any better for us.

How you can think Jones should have been sent off is beyond me. He gave Yakubu a little bit of a push when Yak had already knocked the ball too far away for it to be a goal-scoring opportunity. It was a foul, but I'm actually surprised it was even a booking when I look back at it.

Rovers didn't just make a bad start. We would have been routed by Bellamy if it hadn't been for the game-changing slice of luck we received when Flanagan played the pass that never reached Doni.

• Backroom

Would not surprise me if we didn't win again all season.

There is far too much misplaced confidence that we will rollover the likes of Norwich & Wigan at home. I honestly don't know where this comes from. Typified by 'we are playing Liverpool at a good time', 'Liverpool will play a weakened team' - FFS, almost anyone who played for Liverpool last night would stroll into our team.

Agree although you said yourself a few weeks back to put your house on us staying up as we were safe

I can't see where a win will come from myself

We're no good at that either. How many times did we have space to attack in front of us only to pass sideways or backwards. The best we can really do is to give it to hoilett and hope for the best.

You mean Nzonzi total football! I could try to set the attack in motion but instead I'll pass it to Orr.

You mean Nzonzi total football! I could try to set the attack in motion but instead I'll pass it to Orr.

That goes for the whole squad.

Only Junior ran forward with the ball last night, occasionally.

All Liverpool reserves ran forward with the ball when opportunities arose.

It's Steve Keans brand of entertaining football. Six sideways or backward passes then lump it forward.

They used to call Ray Wilkins the crab because he always passed the ball sideways or back we now have our own version Steven Nzonzi who could not see a forward pass if it starred him in the face.

Couldnt agree more. Nzonzi doesnt pressure the opposition, doesnt tackle, and doesnt win headers.

as for people saying he'd be better with quality alongside him, that doesnt excuse his cowardess! He's not alone in bottling it, but his lack of fight/ agression stands out a mile!

I said at start of the season that the dunn and nzonzi partnership was abysmal and last night kean reverted back to it! :angry2:

NZonzi plays the way he has done BECAUSE there is nobody else with enough skill, nouse or brains to play alongside him.

There is only one person to blame - STEVE CLUELESS KEAN

KEAN OUT !

Kean out goes without saying BUT there is no way N'Zonzi can be defended sorry. He gets shorter when he jumps, doesn't get stuck in and well anybody who is a regular at Ewood can describe his passing "abilities". Probably the most overhyped player we have had for some time, the man infuriates me!

Wasn't it Flanagan's backpass that let Hoilett in for Doni's red card? Send him off and the whole game changes, and not necessarily any better for us.

How you can think Jones should have been sent off is beyond me. He gave Yakubu a little bit of a push when Yak had already knocked the ball too far away for it to be a goal-scoring opportunity. It was a foul, but I'm actually surprised it was even a booking when I look back at it.

I was saying this last night and it seemed like it was only me who could see this.

A yellow was harsh, never mind a red.

• Backroom

In fairness to N'Zonzi, it's not like he really has much to pass forward to, is it? Our players don't move when they pass the ball. The midfield just stays static in a line, meaning the only option is either a sideways/backwards pass or a chip forward which will inevitably end with us losing possession.

N'Zonzi has shown enough during his time here to suggest he has the potential to be a good player, and I'm sure he'd do better in a team that actually moved a little.

Give over. N'onzi is a lazy git who strolls around passing sideways or backwards, he can't tackle, head or take a decent shot and is prone to throws his toys out of his pram. He's a regular only because the rest are garbage. He will be of no use at all in the more physical Championship

• Backroom

Looking At the replay a red for jones would have been harsh but Flanagans second yellow wasn't even debatable the ref bottled it, I understand the need for common sense but neither yellow could be anything other.

Having said that if he was off then doni wouldn't have been just like if Yak scored the pen he wouldn't have got the chance to score the header

Archived