SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well another shocker,

At 20-05 Venkys convoy rolled up, I was at Jack Walker entrance at time (Long story), Thought they could sneak in???

Saw the Liverpool team, and thought if we can't beat this reserve side we deserve to go down,

then 2-0 down, head in hands, as the bald one just stood there,

Liverpool down to 10 penalty missed but, all decisions going our way,

We get it back to 2-2 and then press self distruct button and another defeat,

Supporters leave, not much said, and Venkys waltz out of Ewood like the last 12 months have never happened.

totally astounded

What

Did

You

Expect

?

I dont think I'm going to be left astounded by anything that happens at BRFC from now on. The owners arriving late and leaving early is hardly surprising. They know what's good for them.

I lost count of the number of times we gave up passing it around and simply lumped it towards the penalty area.

The Kean 'pure football' style is a myth, the only game I've ever seen from us that comes close to it was the 3-1 win against Liverpool in January 2011.

A total myth ...He bullshitted his way into the job , his hands have asset stripping blood on them ....He has a bodyguard alledgedly for his own protection , yet the Police have not arrested a single person in the protests ..

Who is paying for the bodyguard ?? The club ?? does he have a chauffeur too ?

Welcome to the crazy world of Steve Kean !!!

Sadly and yet all to familiar for this idiotic clown Rovers were found seriously wanting again.

From the very first minute it was going to go wrong. Wrong team and wrong tactics and yet again no sign of The Warrior or Simon, 2 players that could have done the business again. Yet again we see the other Olsson on the wing, Pederson on the bench next to Lowe and all this to play a reserve Liverpool side who's own form was not exactly top class.

Kean can rot in hell. I have actually heard a pundit say something negative about him tonight which made me nearly crash. The clown has not got a clue about managing a football team.

Those two opening Liverpool goals were shockers. Where was Olsson for both goals ? he was totally out of position for goal 1 whilst for the second he let the ball go across him.

what did Marcus Olsson do tonight apart from weaken the team ? He didnt tackle, didnt shoot, his crossing was poor in fact I dont think he did anything positive apart from the above. Dunn was so far off the pace it was frightening. Caught out of position for the second goal he caused mayhem in our own teams set up. Dann was uselsss AGAIN and should not have been on the pitch, I wonder just how Kean views Danns efforts in the past 4 games especially ?

I really am saddened that tonight has seen us almost relegated. Anyone who thinks we can win at least 3 from the remaining 5 need their heads testing. It really is a sad time to be a Rovers fan because we can all wave bye bye to the Premiership and do so knowing we are not coming back, not under this set of clueless gimps.

The lamest penalty ever seen is how I will label Yakubus first spot kick, its shocking knowing that he simply passed the ball to his one time team mate. its shcoking that although we clawed our way back to 2-2 there simply is no heart beat within the side. Dunn, Lowe and Formica are simply not good enough anymore, Olsson (2) is uselsss, Olsson (1) was out of position too many times, Hoilett and Yak were off the boil for far to much of the game, NZonzi had too much to do on his own in the middle. For me, only Orr and Hanley earned their money tonight.

So then, I do not hold out hope of survival and although I will be saddened at the clubs demise I dont find myself bothered too much unlike the last relegation when my heart was broken. I wont renew and I wont venture to Ewood whilst this cancer is running through the club.

KEAN OUT, VENKYS OUT

tonight summed up the whole picture at rovers. play against 10 men, keep 1 up front and play with 10 men behind the ball. its gone beyond kean is clueless. anybody would realise that we had to go for it.

we rarely even threatened. hoilet won us a pen, good cross resulted in a goal and a goalkeeper error handed us another goal. bar that there was nothing. marcus olsson offers the team squat. he is awful but is a 1st team regular.

Going for the win and still no sign of Goodwillie, he isn't the greatest player in the World but atleast it would have given the Liverpool defenders something else to think of, and add another option in the box instead of just hitting and hoping to Yakubu. Still, he might turn out to be a decent striker in the Championship.. perhaps Kean is saving him for then

• Backroom

The worst thing about Yakubu's penalty is he wasn't even trying to be clever.

I've seen some pretty bad penalties... but usually they're horrendous because the player has tried some kind of trick and it hasn't worked.

Yakubu wasn't trying a trick, he literally passed it with all the force of a child into the arms of Brad Jones - and considering his weight it must take fair effort not to put power behind a shot.

Don't turn against Brad. He only goes on what he can see from the media who portray us as the evil fans trying to get Kean out

A fine player for us who is admired by our fans..I was hoping for more Modes.I would have thought he would have been honest enough,man enough,to form his own opinion from facts this season and tell it like it is without joining the 'flock'.

Maybe its too much to ask eh?,it just made my evening a whole lot worse though.

What was that mercerman was saying earlier?

Well, don't say you weren't warned.

Far too much complacency about this match.

Liverpool were very, very confident about getting a result and I think their starting midfield 5 of Bellamy, Maxi, Henderson, Spearing & Shelvey is far superior to anything we have to offer. Not too many scoffing at their starting 11 now.

Good job, as Kean said, we played them at a 'good time' otherwise we would have had a right tonking and if they'd have kept 11 on the field, I think they would have won by 4 or 5 goals.

Appalling selection to leave out Peders & Givet. Peders' industry sadly missed together with his contribution from set pieces. As for Givet, FFS, we've conceded 102 goals in Coco's 54 PL games and in an interview I heard tonight he says we can't keep conceding 2 & 3 goals per match but leaves out our best defender continually !!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before, wtf does Marcus Ollson bring to the party - IMO, he's extremely, extremely average.

I watched closely as our players dejectedly trooped off the field, heads bowed, shoulders slumped.

Sadly, the fat lady is almost ready to sing.

Heartbroken. I think we are as good as relegated.

shambolic start. rovers again bottled it when the pressure is on. terrible at the back - its got beyond embarrassing!

our starting midfield is the poorest in the league.

I hope against hope that we can somehow survive but tonight I actually think we'll be relegated before we play wigan! :(

a bad night made all the worse when I read friedel's comments. :(

• Backroom

I've said it before, wtf does Marcus Ollson bring to the party - IMO, he's extremely, extremely average.

He's rubbish - but then what do you expect from a bloke who's last club was relegated from a league in Sweden? He's a crap version of his brother, and Martin isn't exactly pulling up any trees at the moment either attempting to play left back.

Think the best we can hope for if we go down is Venkys manage to flog us to somebody, and we rebuild the club from the ground up. We are in ruins, and it will take a good few seasons to fix the mess we have been put in.

thenodrog is right, practically nobody outside Rovers cares about our plight, or what we have to say about Kean/Venkys and the way the club is currently being run. Lets just hope and pray that not too far into the future we are relieved of these clueless idiots.

I was persuaded to go to the last three home games starting with this one.

I really hope I get on the 12:00 to 20:00 shift on Monday 7th May so that I can get out of the Wigan game.

I can't really add anything to what has already been said apart from tonight has confirmed my intention to sever my ties with Rovers.

Looks like Stockport County next season. At least it's only a 15 minute bus ride to Edgeley Park.

I have to say after watching that performance that was a relegation performance if ever I saw one. Total and utter shambles and for me if we can't even hold out when we rather luckily got back to 2-2 then we don't deserve to be here. Yes Hanley was manhandled by skrtel when trying to get up but where was Scott I am never worth 7M Dann he should easily have been clearing up. Even with a point we would have gone up 2 places and put QPR & Bolton back in trouble how Givet is over looked for this reject I am struggling to work out. All of their goals could easily have been avoided by defending properly. Olsson should have been back getting tight to Bellamy between Dann & Orr the 2nd goal should have been cleared and most importantly that last goal Dann should have been clearing up. The one thing though that baffles me Dann is the tallest defender in our squad now at 6'1" yet statistically he is one of the worst defenders when defending aerially can someone please tell me how this is so?. His height is supposed to be his strength yet he is so poor in the air. Even in the away game at wigan earlier in the season he just let Caldwell go and score and Caldwell is one of the smallest Wigan players. What also baffles me can coco not see the mistakes he keeps making?. Or does he not have the balls to drop his marquee signing?. I have to conclude after tonight unless our joke of a manager makes big changes and starts telling the players how it is we will sadly lose of premiership status and have to say after tonight I feel very low with not much hope of optimism.

Heartbroken. I think we are as good as relegated.

shambolic start. rovers again bottled it when the pressure is on. terrible at the back - its got beyond embarrassing!

our starting midfield is the poorest in the league.

I hope against hope that we can somehow survive but tonight I actually think we'll be relegated before we play wigan! :(

a bad night made all the worse when I read friedel's comments. :(

I hate to sound so negative but I concluded we were going down after the Bolton match, the way we played there spoke volumes. Tonight yet another lacklustre all around performance. These players have given up the fight and are probably all contemplating where they will be playing next year. BOTH Yaks penalties were soft as can be tonight, he was lucky to get the second one. Liverpool looked like the team with the extra man, I don't think I can stomach to watch this shower of ###### much more. It's done it's over, chumpionship next year gauranfeckinteed

I have to say after watching that performance that was a relegation performance if ever I saw one. Total and utter shambles and for me if we can't even hold out when we rather luckily got back to 2-2 then we don't deserve to be here. Yes Hanley was manhandled by skrtel when trying to get up but where was Scott I am never worth 7M Dann he should easily have been clearing up. Even with a point we would have gone up 2 places and put QPR & Bolton back in trouble how Givet is over looked for this reject I am struggling to work out. All of their goals could easily have been avoided by defending properly. Olsson should have been back getting tight to Bellamy between Dann & Orr the 2nd goal should have been cleared and most importantly that last goal Dann should have been clearing up. The one thing though that baffles me Dann is the tallest defender in our squad now at 6'1" yet statistically he is one of the worst defenders when defending aerially can someone please tell me how this is so?. His height is supposed to be his strength yet he is so poor in the air. Even in the away game at wigan earlier in the season he just let Caldwell go and score and Caldwell is one of the smallest Wigan players. What also baffles me can coco not see the mistakes he keeps making?. Or does he not have the balls to drop his marquee signing?. I have to conclude after tonight unless our joke of a manager makes big changes and starts telling the players how it is we will sadly lose of premiership status and have to say after tonight I feel very low with not much hope of optimism.

DOn't hold your breath, our manager is being managed by someone.Dann sucks big time his defending is crap and his distibution is even worse. We now have to pray for other results to go our way, I see QPR getting 3 points Wigan have enough fight in them and Utd are comfy enough to drop a point, I see that happening.

I hate to sound so negative but I concluded we were going down after the Bolton match, the way we played there spoke volumes. Tonight yet another lacklustre all around performance. These players have given up the fight and are probably all contemplating where they will be playing next year. BOTH Yaks penalties were soft as can be tonight, he was lucky to get the second one. Liverpool looked like the team with the extra man, I don't think I can stomach to watch this shower of ###### much more. It's done it's over, chumpionship next year gauranfeckinteed

Yep, I don't think we'll get another point. Worst Rovers team I've ever seen, and I was there in the dark days of Division 3. No fight, no heart, none entity manager, no hope until the current owners get lost.

Anyone still think we should give Kean a chance? Jesus does anyone on here still back him now. We blew a point last night because Kean is tactically clueless and doesn't know how to keep a point or even how to go on and win.

Archived