BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Backroom

Ref could have sent a couple more of theirs off but they did their best to give us the game and we still failed, we didn't deserve any more frankly

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we all knew what was coming. Not able to close down lpools ten men at all. Allowing them to the only thing they could hope for, long balls against Carrol, whom won absolutely everything against Dann. Leave Keano and take Dann with you.

Hanley seemed to be struggling against Carroll but you are right he is truly awful ...

I guess the Givet rumours are true now !

Seeing that tear jerker of an interview before the game, just sums up perfectly how the media couldn't give a toss about what really has gone on at Rovers, but would rather go along with this sympathy driven nonsense that every else seems to have bought into.

If you're playing against ten men, you keep the ball and try and stretch the opposition. We didn't do this at all.

The tempo of our play in the second half was way too slow.

I don't think we really deserved anything out of the game. Why wasn't Givet playing? Our best defender in my opinion.

Just texted in my opinion of Kean and the media's disgraceful coverage of all of that's gone on at Rovers. Doubt it will get read out though.

Ive sent loads similar every week and they never get repeated. No swear words folks because they dont get thro

I don't get angry any more. In fact you could almost say I don't care. The club has no leadership, no impetus, no cohesion. The manager can't set a team up to win against ten men. He can't even pick a decent team. Given all those impediments, what's the point? I've given up

Seeing that tear jerker of an interview before the game, just sums up perfectly how the media couldn't give a toss about what really has gone on at Rovers, but would rather go along with this sympathy driven nonsense that every else seems to have bought into.

Everyone has bought. Every single person with a modicum of interest in football thinks he is a great manager that has been dealt a bad hand.

Twitter is particularly infuriating.

Heartbreaking, but predictable finish.

Tonight was all about the lack of quality in our squad, a squad raped by cost-cutting measures.

I bet when our lords and masters left the pitchside on 81 minutes they thought everything was rosy and the fans ungrateful, having been 'thrilled' as their 'baby' rallied against 10 men. But they are responsible for where we are.

Can't fault the effort we just lack the finishing touch (cross or shot). No surprise that our goal of the season competition is made up of 7 or 8 rag-tag finishes.

We've conceded 70 goals this season, sold our best most experienced defenders - yet Givet (the warrior as Kean likes to call him) remains on the bench.

Absolutely stinks.

We may still stay up this season. We don't deserve to.

swansea away

norwich home

spuds away

wigan home

chelsea away

Lose to swansea if QPR win tomorrow should pretty much seal it, wigan match looks like being a meaningless game.

Sure raos and kean are now on the champagne off camera, parachute payments here they come.

If you're playing against ten men, you keep the ball and try and stretch the opposition. We didn't do this at all.

I don't think we really deserved anything out of the game. Why wasn't Givet playing? Our best defender in my opinion.

We'll never see him play again :angry2:

• Backroom

We may have seen why we don't see much of Ruben - he's a bit cack.

Pedersen should have been on at least we would have got some throws into the box

One point behind the others Q.PR play tommorw against Swansea.

(Please don't use that word again) knows who wigan have...

Point is we arn't out of this BRFC fans my arse cant even back the boys till the end!

I hate to say it but the games up. We're finished both mentally and physically. Even if the other sides drop points tomorrow and in future games, our legs have gone.

I'm not devastated as you had to be a fool not to see this coming. And if it didn't come this year, it would have next year. The most important fight remains getting rid of Venky's. If they get an acceptable offer in the summer, I'm sure they'll be off and we can move forward again.

This is not the end of Blackburn rovers.

Liverpool were resting some players and we were 11 against 10 for most of the game..

I have to say its depressing to see Rovers play, the only player worth keeping, Hoilett, seems to leave... the other players were poor today.

Had Liverpool not had their goalkeeper sent off early it would had been an easy walk from a side in poor for, just says alot.

I can't see us win any game at the moment...so poor, no passion.... no pride ... no arte et labore....sorry.

and when we have 2-2 I would had put on Gamst in the middle and Givet in. Not Rochina and Lowe....poor subs...also Hanley and Dann was a joke today.

Infuriating coverage by SKY once more,Kean made to look the victim again,even Friedel commenting on fans 'behaviour'....its one sick orchestrated fookin joke is this!! :angry2:

Please not Brad. :(

Yep he kicks him then pulls him over and pushes him back to the floor. Stick on foul and probably a red card. Then again Jones should have been sent off, Flanahan should have been sent off. The ref was a joke, he made the first pen call perfectly but then went into compensatory mode and booked half our team for nothing. Yet it came to it and he failed to send off those he should have.

The defending for the first 2 goals was dire anyway. How they can be allowed the time and space both vs our defence and defensive midfield is a joke and it has happened all season long.

Both The Yak's pens were awful. Pretty much identically bad!

The amount of mental and physical effort we put into that will see us done now. 0 wins between now and the seasons end.

I thought he did more than push him but alas my channel wasn't the best. Red card defo

What bugs me the most is that when the moment comes and people have to step up to the plate, we fail, repeatedly.

The flaws in our tactics were obvious from Kilmarnock onwards and they've never been addressed. Players have just been swapped round ala FM2012, god forbid our thinking monster could devise some tactics to suit our players.

Refs well given most of them are the kids we picked on at school it's no wonder they have no 80ll0cks.

If Givet were up to that it would have been whilst Coco had his nose so far up Desai's behind that he wouldn't have seen what was going on!

As I say we really just have to hope that relegation spells the end of these clowns, including Kean. I'm sure they will rip us apart in the summer player sale wise before clearing off, but really, I wouldn't be fussed if 95% of them left regardless.

Correct, keep the ball, play it wide, work it down the flanks and then back again.

The team has looked like relegation candidates since August and nothing has changed really. Tonight confirmed it for me that we are lost.

I hate to say it but the games up. We're finished both mentally and physically. Even if the other sides drop points tomorrow and in future games, our legs have gone.

I'm not devastated as you had to be a fool not to see this coming. And if it didn't come this year, it would have next year. The most important fight remains getting rid of Venky's. If they get an acceptable offer in the summer, I'm sure they'll be off and we can move forward again.

We should arrange a big party when they leave. It will be the biggest attendance of the season (on the assumption that they new owners aren't also utter cretins)

For those praising the fight back, fair enough but a lot of the reason for us getting back to 2 2 was Liverpool trying their best to shoot themselves in the foot time and again. You've always got to keep an eye on Carrol but take Bellamy out of that team tonight and they were rubbish, there for the taking. Yet if it wasn't for the sending off we were on course to ship 4 or 5 tonight i think :mellow:

Oh F### off Kean, "we'd probably take the point at 2-2 after going 2-0 down"?

What kind of statement is that? Not many expected a result tonight, a combination of Kenny resting players and a bit of fortune with them going down to ten, probably should have been nine men, and he would have been happy taking a point!?

Thommo can #### off too, saying Kean's a "top class manager" because of the respect he's shown in such times of hardship?

#### OFF!

You are right Rovers 11 , I also think Venkys will go in the summer thus ending the reign of the repulsive Kean ..

Archived