BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

Dunny should have been a sub. His legs went after 30 mins. Marcus....how did he get a start? Formica very poor tonight. Nzonzi was a ghost. Lowe is not prem quality yet, Rochina did nowt. Our midfield is clueless!!

Even in his best days Dunn was never, ever a holding midfielder who plays infront of the back four.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People saying some of the Venky's were there tonight - anyone know who?

Couldn't be 100% from the Riverside but fairly sure Mrs D was there - looked to be at least 10 people (two rows) so probably all of them. They got zero grief though.

Firstly - Liverpool reserves - get real the spine of their team was still experienced players who cost an arm and a leg.

Liverpool - thought they defended well - and in Bellamy and Carroll had two of the outstanding players. Even with ten men they were a constant menace.

Rovers defending for the first two goals was absolutely awful - though we were a little unlucky how their second goal deflected. Their first goal - we have one of the few players who can keep up with Bellamy in Olsson - and yet we end up with Dunn marking him - you really couldn't make it up.

To be honest - early in the match there wasn't a lot between the two sides - but Liverpool found themselves two-nil up - yet again terrible organisation.

The turning point in the match was the decision not to send off Jones - IMO it was a borderline decision - but should have been red, and would have been if the referee hadn't already sent off one of their keepers.

The late Carroll goal was always likely to happen - such was the ebb and flow of the match - and I think Bellamy and Carroll's performance meant that Rovers were never able to throw the kitchen sink at Liverpool.

Well the managers in the Blackburn End got their wish and Rochina came on - and made no impact (argument for Goodwillie ?) - Lowe for Dunn - a strange one surely better to put on MGP - but then again the fans got their wish for booing their latest scapegoat in the previous match.

Are we relegated already - we can't be far off - and now need to pull together a run of results that (to be honest) we don't seem capable of at the moment. I just cling to the fact that football is (as Greavsie once said) a funny old game - and a lucky win at Swansea would change everything (at the moment this seems unlikely - but it ain't over until Mrs Desai sings). We have the pack for ST's next season - does anyone know if the price is the same in the Championship ?

I really don't get it.

I could handle it if he said "top class bloke" or "top class gent". I wouldn't agree but I might understand.

But...

"top class manager?? :blink:

So upset that Brad has had a pop at the fans though. A number of ex-players have ###### on us from a great height thus last 12 months or so. I can only assume that agents pull all the strings these days.

Its amazing what some people will do for money.

Please not Brad. :(

Something is deeply,deeply wrong and its not our imagination,the footballing media appear to have closed ranks against our fans even in the face of Teflons damning record...not one single ounce of criticism given in view of his blatent failings.

I really am starting to hate football full stop.

Lowe and N'Zonzi passes too much sideways and backwards, N'Zonzi's attitude seems to have gone back down the drain again too. Dunn terrible marking of Bellamy for the first goal, then lost possession and they countered in no. 2. Horrible from a seasoned veteran. Soft pen from Yakubu but made up for it, we just lack the imagination and quality to break teams down - and against a tightly defending 10 men Liverpool Hoillett doesn't get the space he needs for his trickery.

Dann is sh1t while Hanley is a player in the making, how Givet doesn't get a start is beyond me.

Even in his best days Dunn was never, ever a holding midfielder who plays infront of the back four.

Agreed, behind the striker is his only position, and only for last 20 mins!!

To be honest - early in the match there wasn't a lot between the two sides - but Liverpool found themselves two-nil up - yet again terrible organisation.

Not true at all. Liverpool were 2-0 up because their attacking players could expose our poor and inexperienced defence. Had they kept 11 men we would have lost that by 3 goals at least.

Something is deeply,deeply wrong and its not our imagination,the footballing media appear to have closed ranks against our fans even in the face of Teflons damning record...not one single ounce of criticism given in view of his blatent failings.

Too bloody true there is , not one of dissent against Kean from within the game ....Maybe it will all come out when he is gone !!!

I e mailed goals on Sunday with Keans record as a manager , I text 606 tonight and have done for weeks but it never gets mentioned ...

I really don't get it.

I could handle it if he said "top class bloke" or "top class gent". I wouldn't agree but I might understand.

But...

"top class manager?? :blink:

So upset that Brad has had a pop at the fans though. A number of ex-players have ###### on us from a great height thus last 12 months or so. I can only assume that agents pull all the strings these days.

In football everyone does a decent job, everyone.

Anyone else have a chuckle at the advertisements for next years season tickets constantly rotating around the boards?

"WOWZORS PRICES FROZEN 1111!!!! GET YOUR TICKET NOW!!!1111" - Yeah, i'm positively chomping at the bit at watching that bald c*** sat in the dugout at home to Peterborough next season.

• Backroom

Not true at all. Liverpool were 2-0 up because their attacking players could expose our poor and inexperienced defence. Had they kept 11 men we would have lost that by 3 goals at least.

Agreed, even from the start it was obvious who were the better team. Whilst we laboured pathetically around the middle of the pitch and then hoofed it up the pitch and lost it, Liverpool broke repeatedly and cut through our sunday league team. They deserved to be 2-0 up and had they not gone down to 10 men it could quite easily have ended 4 or 5.

All the media are sheep, one respected person says something and they all follow suit, one thing I wont miss if we go down is all the bias southern media blabber.

They can stick the prem league up their arse it's becoming as predicatable as us keeping clean sheets.

Watched the game down here in Cornwall. We did look very poor tonight(not for the first time this season). Hoilett and N`zonzi barely raised a sweat and let the others down. Pedersen gets a lot of stick on here but he is always missed at our set plays and I hope he plays on Saturday.Not given up hope yet but my predictions have us winning the next two games!

I felt exactly the same after Yak's awful penalty miss tonight. I was physically shaking for about 5 minutes afterwards and couldn't speak. Felt absolutely broken and angry almost to the point of tears. I couldn't even celebrate the first goal.

Still can't quite believe we managed to throw a point away.

I hate to say it but the games up. We're finished both mentally and physically. Even if the other sides drop points tomorrow and in future games, our legs have gone.

I'm not devastated as you had to be a fool not to see this coming. And if it didn't come this year, it would have next year. The most important fight remains getting rid of Venky's. If they get an acceptable offer in the summer, I'm sure they'll be off and we can move forward again.

This is not the end of Blackburn rovers.

Yeah you're right there matey. It's been coming since the day the chicken chokers strutted through the door ( to think I got a bollocking off the mods on this board a while back for calling them " chicken chokers " ! ). I've come around to the mind set that it's better to go down now. Next season will be a complete embarrassment if by some fluke we were to stay up.

For the Swansea game we'll all be shuffling the cards again, drop Dunn,Formica,Nzonzi,Lowe etc. Bring in Vukevvic,Peds,Henley, Petkovic etc. ( does he actually exist or did I dream it ? ) The bottom line is we had half a dozen Premier league standard players at the start of the season and now we haven't even got that many. We're just moving the deck chairs on the Titanic. Good teams score at the death , bad teams concede. That's a fact that's as old as football.

I was playing this earlier on " Another Nail In My Heart " by " Squeeze "

Sums Rovers up at present.

We are a team so devoid of quality it is untrue.

I have never, ever, in my time watching a Blackburn Rovers side witnessed a team so lacking in basic top-flight skills.

We can't defend. We can't attack. We can't press. We can't do ANYTHING.

We did not do anything in this match. our goals came from a set piece and a penalty. We never created a single decent opportunity in open play. NOT ONE OPPORTUNITY AGAINST TEN MEN FOR 70 MINUTES.

Not sure if it bears repeating but I'll say it again - OUR TEAM HAS NO QUALITY. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. There is not a single player in that team who deserves praise. Watching us is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

We would struggle in the Championship folks, that's the harsh truth of the matter. I'm not sure I'll even be sad when we go down just because I have such incredible disdain for this team, the manager and the owners. We deserve to go down so much, it would be a travesty if this horror show we call a football club stays in the premier league.

Looked through the last few pages and think this absolutely nails it on the head. We played against 10 men for 70 minutes and was completely clueless, no stretching of the liverpool team, absolutely no pressing. Diabolical goals AGAIN!! Any defender could have been dropped from the WBA game and on the bench we had our best defender, I just shrug my shoulders now. Lets not get away from the fact in the 2nd half they won EVERY set piece in our box, usually getting the ball on target.

I think the most cringeworthy thing for me is it even kinda looked like Kean has given into fan pressure, during a game. Ruben Rochina!? We had so much ball on the left and it was crying out for quality balls, Marcus Olsson must have had a zero and I mean zero percent completion on crosses but as Pedersen may have brought a few boos Pedersen stayed put on the bench.

The dream is dead. We don't have what it takes to stay in this league,

Correct, keep the ball, play it wide, work it down the flanks and then back again.

The team has looked like relegation candidates since August and nothing has changed really. Tonight confirmed it for me that we are lost.

True. It's like watching a slow car crash, and has been since the last season.

Archived