BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

Unfortunately a lot of us saw that this was inevitable if Venky's persisted with Kean, but even more unfortunately, a fair amount chose to either back Kean or remain indifferent - providing him with his '1%ers' excuses.

That said, the only person to blame for this horrendous seasonal performance is Kean.

No chance I will agree with you. Venkys are to blame first and foremost. Then Kean. Venkys had power to sack Kean. They not only didnt but tied his hands behind back by telling him who he can and cant play and selling off experienced players by even paying some of them to leave! From after January considering the financial restrictions, Venkys take even additional blame.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear for all the poor blighters who work for the club who are going to be losing their jobs when we go down.

Its a very good point Paul, this whole sorry situation is more than just promotion and relegation, we often lose sight of that.

Its a very good point Paul, this whole sorry situation is more than just promotion and relegation, we often lose sight of that.

I'd love the LT to ask Agnew and Hunt how many jobs would go with relegation. But thats not going to happen.

No chance I will agree with you. Venkys are to blame first and foremost. Then Kean. Venkys had power to sack Kean. They not only didnt but tied his hands behind back by telling him who he can and cant play and selling off experienced players by even paying some of them to leave! From after January considering the financial restrictions, Venkys take even additional blame.

Well then surely any manager worth his salt , would have walked ..But no not Kean he just lies to the fans .

• Backroom

For all of you that have lost the interest in Rovers and become apathepic over I wanna know how.

I wish I could because watching Rovers is the worst thing in my life right now. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride and self torture. I couldnt get myself to watch any on the pens and I was ill several hours before kick-off. I know it will be like this for the rest of the season Wigan, Norwich, Swansea. I am going to watch every single game torturing myself.

This is unbearable.

You must be a glutton for punishment pal. I was furious last night but not at the match itself - more at the overall situation at Rovers. Last night was a prime example of how far we've fallen.

I'm numb to individual matches and results now. I just feel massive disdain for the manager and players. Rovers is probably the most negative thing in my life right now.

Makes me wonder are we paying for something? Did we do something to someone in the past and are paying for it now? Cause this was straight from a nightmare novel and from within 2-3 months it seemed like it was headed this way.

I just think this is football, its always been about highs and lows. We had 2 decades of an unbelievable high thanks to the generosity of a one in a million benefactor. For 20 years we were the luckiest fans in the country, and now we're having a few bad years. Think the hysterical reactions are a bit out our perspective personally. There's a city about 1.5 times the size down the road that's currently in the bottom half of League 1, sure their fans would swap places with us every day of the year.

We've gone from a back four or Salgado, Samba, Nelsen and Givet to what we put out last night. We're playing a bloody reserve team every game. What a bloody disgrace!

With apparently no one in midfield ordered to stay goalside of the ball and protect the back 4. Unbelievable how slowly the midfield cantered back when they were wrong side of the ball. Amateurish defending last night by players who 30 years ago would have been playing in the amateur/part time ranks and if they aren't careful will be doing so again within a few years.

I'll content myself that Lancashire United is coming ever closer in the near future. Without it I doubt there will be a future for us. The main problem is now that we will be forming it from a position of weakness. Superb that it was Jack's legacy should have been so much more significant and permanent for football across the North West.

I wouldnt be this devestated if we were well-runned and didnt seem rotten to the core. It is like Bobby says; It feels like a nightmare. It is ###### unbearable and more unfair then anything else that it was Rovers they decided to destroy.

THE PRICE OF LANCASHIRE! THE MIGHTY BLUE AND WHITES! THE WELL-RUN FAMILY CLUB! ARTE ET LABORE!

All ruined and rotten....

Ill rather go and support my fascist team Lazio instead..

With apparently no one in midfield ordered to stay deep and protect the back 4. Unbelievable how slowly the midfield cantered back when they were wrong side of the ball. Amateurish defending last night by defenders who 30 years ago would have been playing in the amateur/part time ranks and if they aren't careful will be doing so again within a few years.

I'll content myself that Lancashire United is coming ever closer in the near future. Without it I doubt there will be a future for us. The main problem is now that we will be forming it from a position of weakness. Superb that it was Jack's legacy should have been so much more significant and permanent for football across the North West.

It cant be Lancashire United. It has to be Lancashire FC or Lancashire Rovers or someting equal. Not with the United name in it.

I just think this is football, its always been about highs and lows. We had 2 decades of an unbelievable high thanks to the generosity of a one in a million benefactor. For 20 years we were the luckiest fans in the country, and now we're having a few bad years. Think the hysterical reactions are a bit out our perspective personally. There's a city about 1.5 times the size down the road that's currently in the bottom half of League 1, sure their fans would swap places with us every day of the year.

took me a while to work out you meant, PNE? city me arse!

The hysteria comes from just how we have fallen. We went down in 99, folk were gutted, but we were still a fantasic football club, alas one that had made mistakes- In many ways, I feel it is comparable to what Wolves have done this season, men with good intentions letting the mad world of football cloud their judgmeent.

But this? This isn't part of the natural cycle, the club has been destroyed in little over a year.

Did anyone in the stadium notice how they announced the team coming out at the start of the game? "..and your Blackburn Rovers!". Ha really, thats why the fans are constantly smeared unless they are Kean fans and will be unless they decide to start sending Kean apology cards and praising him at every opportunity. After our 2nd went in, it was us who looked like the side with 10 men. After the two clean sheets has Kean decided that he doesn't need to work on the defensive side of the game again.

This has all come from apaulling management from top to bottom though, this did not need to happen. I can't speak for every fan but my anger stems from the fact that we have hit the self destruct button here, we had everything in place for Venkys to run the club from India if they so chose but they removed everything that could keep the club ticking along and still have tried running it from India. We have chased out or sold every solid professional the club has owned and now we are reaping the rewards of doing so. You are correct we have no god given right to do well and be successful but we certainly have every right to angry/upset to be able to see all the problems the club have made and being powerless to stop it.

Unfortunately for us the press share your sentiments and we just look like bitter fans who feel we should be better than what we are but the truth is Venkys have achieved what most would think would be impossible and taken the perfect blue print for a well run small town club and made it unrecognisable. For me the club has been ran so badly this could only be the start of our relegations for the club I love. I dread to think of the clauses in our players contracts for relegation, could be down to about 8 players and the youth team!

Would not surprise me if we didn't win again all season.

There is far too much misplaced confidence that we will rollover the likes of Norwich & Wigan at home. I honestly don't know where this comes from. Typified by 'we are playing Liverpool at a good time', 'Liverpool will play a weakened team' - FFS, almost anyone who played for Liverpool last night would stroll into our team.

At the end of the day, we have lost good experienced pros and replaced then with, IMO, utter dross.

I watched the players walk off at the end of the game last night and their body language and demeanour had relegation stamped through like Blackpool rock.

Well... That's the worst I've felt coming home from a match in a long time, gut-wrenching and worse than the West Brom game.

The fact that we didn't manage to beat a Liverpool side which looked as bad if not worse as the one Roy Hodgson put out last season, plus a paranoid third choice keeper and 10 men on the pitch says everything you need to know about it really.

We've now lost what became quite easily our most winnable fixture and I'm dreading some of the upcoming fixtures which will be way more difficult than last night.

I think we can start planning for life in the Championship now, and that isn't the part that bothers me. The Premier League is farcical and a drop out of it into a more competetive league could have been refreshing but I fear that with the owners from hell siphoning money out of our club and their bald monkey running the show on his own that we won't even be able to compete at that level.

Very sad times.

For all of you that have lost the interest in Rovers and become apathepic over I wanna know how.

I wish I could because watching Rovers is the worst thing in my life right now. Yesterday was a roller coaster ride and self torture. I couldnt get myself to watch any on the pens and I was ill several hours before kick-off. I know it will be like this for the rest of the season Wigan, Norwich, Swansea. I am going to watch every single game torturing myself.

This is unbearable.

This morning the wife asked what time did I go to bed - after 4am was my reply (Bangkok time)

She asked did Rovers win? - feck orff came my reply

Now we're not talking - such is life in Rovers world.

I'll content myself that Lancashire United is coming ever closer in the near future.

Leave orf Gordon - like your opinions on the Asian community you're stuck in a 1960s timewarp with this.

They wont sack him cause it costs money, and they wont have any other manager who will accept their ways. So if you mean sack him and have Eric Black in charge then that's another argument. Not sure how much difference it makes to appoint from within.

At least it would pull all the fans together. There is a horrible atmosphere around Ewood Park at the moment. I have never felt so disinterested at a Rovers game in my life. I remember when I would have gone ballistic when Yak put the 2nd in, last night I hardly acknowledged it.

We need a fresh start. For it to feel like our club again.

....... at least we were trying to chase the ball down a bit and despite the fact the result went the wrong way Kean got his team selections and substitutions right leaving out the hapless Pedersen and bringing on Rochina for Formica who was poor and Lowe on for Dunn who looked knackered from an early stage.

Rochina has to start for me in the remaining games, I think he has the talent to produce something out of the blue and possibly find the back of the net albeit he is prone to giving the ball away at times.

That single sentence just does not stack up Simon. Your whole post is an exercise in clutching at straws.

Pederson might blow hot and cold, he might be a winger at heart who has lost pace BUT you have just declared his direct replacements as a. 'poor' and b. 'knackered from an early stage'. I'm sure that Ped would have made a better effort at getting 'goal side' and defending than either of his replacements. If there had not been the sending off Bellamy would have had an absolute field day running at us from deep.

Not only that but Rochina is not the type for a place in a starting line up in a desperate relegation battle. His place is as a cameo should we need a goal in the last 20mins.

I fear for all the poor blighters who work for the club who are going to be losing their jobs when we go down fold and cease trading.

Thats more likely.

The dream has almost died.

Started with Kenny, the irony is that last night he closed the book on the chapter.

Whoever said this season would be like death by a thousand cuts was spot on. Not only KMD grinning all over his face at our demise but Bellamy being a major architect in it and Brad Friedel as Sky pundit just to remind us of what it was once like.

When we view events over the past two years our club has committed football suicide plain and simple.

Kamy,

The championship doesn't frighten me,

Nor me nick.... we won't be in it for long.

Thats more likely.

Whoever said this season would be like death by a thousand cuts was spot on. Not only KMD grinning all over his face at our demise but Bellamy being a major architect in it and Brad Friedel as Sky pundit just to remind us of what it was once like.

When we view events over the past two years our club has committed football suicide plain and simple.

Nor me nick.... we won't be in it for long.

It's League 1 that makes me shudder in 13/14 season !!

Archived