BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Vs Liverpool 10/04/12 Preview

DE.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match is a dead cert for a visit from Rovers Charity Roadshow, Liverpool in poor form, Henderson, Downing, Carrol failing to live upto price tags...Que Rovers to make them look ike Barca.

A stunning Liverpool team performance.Rovers 1 - 4 Liverpool.

Unbelievable complacency everywhere about tomorrow just because Liverpool are in a semi on Saturday !

You're right, MM. Being in that semi has not stopped Everton winning 4-0 today !

I wish Kean had not felt it necessary to broadcast his opinion that it is a good time for us to play Liverpool because they will be distracted by the FA Cup. Just wonder how Liverpool will react on hearing that.

• Backroom

You're right, MM. Being in that semi has not stopped Everton winning 4-0 today !

I wish Kean had not felt it necessary to broadcast his opinion that it is a good time for us to play Liverpool because they will be distracted by the FA Cup. Just wonder how Liverpool will react on hearing that.

As long as Kean is manager it's always a good time to play Rovers!

Some of the responses there are absolutely laughable, typical Liverpool fan is typical.

Without a doubt, the most clueless, biased fans of any football club.

I agree. Just because they got 50 mil for Torres doesn't mean that 35mil for Carroll is a bargain. Heard a lot of Liverpool fans talking about his 'net spend' being good. Also, downing isn't young anymore, he should be in his prime! Kenny has blown away 75 mil horribly. Even if they sold all of Henderson, Carroll and downing they would be lucky to get half their money back. For 'young' players that says a lot

Carrols golden 5 months at newcastle coincided with him bullying defenders for 90 minutes and generally looking on occaision unplayable. Step forward the least brave center half in the division and his young carthorse partner and let the Andy Carrol comeback show get off to a flier. 3-0L

Would have thought king Kenny plays the big lump Carrol down the centre, Downing out wide left, dont know who would be wide right, and just keep putting in the crosses as it seemed to work pretty well for West Brom.

Kenny saying he will rest Skrtel, Gerrard and Suarez. (start on the bench)

Im so nervous im ###### bricks.

If we can't get a win against a weakened version of the team that got beat by Wigan then quite frankly we deserve to be relegated.

"It is a good time to have a strong squad and it will be put to good use during this busy period," said Kean.

jesus christ

And that my friend is why Kean is complicit with everything that has gone on.

He is part of this Venky paralell universe in which a large squad of young, cheap and largely crap players= a stronger squad than we had a year ago.

He knows it's rollocks, we know it's rollocks but he continues the lie.

Aye, a real Brian Clough, aint he.

Please Matty. Im not saying that. I am saying that it might be a wise move to install confidence in the squad when they most likely are very down at the moment after a 3-0 loss.

We are what we believe we are.

C. S. Lewis

If we can't get a win against a weakened version of the team that got beat by Wigan then quite frankly we deserve to be relegated.

Let's be honest here....we DO deserve to be relegated regardless. It's us that will suffer. The players are putting effort in but they will be fine and shipped off to other clubs. The club as a whole deserve to go down. If Wigan go down and we stay up, as happy as I will be, it will be a travesty.

I am looking forward to the game tonight and if we DO win and DO stay up we owe everything to our players because they ARE trying and with everything that have to put up with at our joke club it's a miracle if they get themselves out of this mess.

My only thought for tonight...Do we HAVE TO have Scott Dann in the starting eleven? I don't know if I'm the only one or not but he seems a real weak link to me. He gets beaten in the air by just about anyone and makes at least 2 ball control cock ups per game. He terrifies me. Hanley and Givet for me.

Let's be honest here....we DO deserve to be relegated regardless. It's us that will suffer. The players are putting effort in but they will be fine and shipped off to other clubs. The club as a whole deserve to go down. If Wigan go down and we stay up, as happy as I will be, it will be a travesty.

I am looking forward to the game tonight and if we DO win and DO stay up we owe everything to our players because they ARE trying and with everything that have to put up with at our joke club it's a miracle if they get themselves out of this mess.

My only thought for tonight...Do we HAVE TO have Scott Dann in the starting eleven? I don't know if I'm the only one or not but he seems a real weak link to me. He gets beaten in the air by just about anyone and makes at least 2 ball control cock ups per game. He terrifies me. Hanley and Givet for me.

Agree. Dann really needs dropping. Horrible game against West Brom. Givet is our best CB.

"It is a good time to have a strong squad and it will be put to good use during this busy period," said Kean.

jesus christ

Kean...

"There's no reason why we can't bounce back and beat Liverpool, we did it last year - with a better team which we have now sold off of course.

If we can put the first 80 minutes against Manchester United together with our 20 minute spell in the second half against West Brom, together with the five minutes from sometime in February 2011 when I managed to convince some 5 year old kid that I'm actually good enough to be a Premier League Manager, you will get the overall intensity and performance required. Add to that the 4 seconds that it took The Yak to score 4 goals against Swansea and you can see what we're trying to do here. Plus another second for a high five and I think we'll have as good a chance as any team in the world.

The problem we'll have is that the game will go on for 105 minutes and 5 seconds and that is something we'll have to be mindful of as a lot of the lads get really tired after 65-70 minutes. We've been working hard at that in training, looking to cram 105mins and 5 seconds into just the 90 minutes or whatever it is and it's not been easy. But if we can get it right I'm confident I can increase the value of the players.

Oh, and stop up as well. That's important apparently.

No more questions."

*Grins - then walks out*

I'm not sure if any of the teams in the bottom five deserve to be in the Premier League to be honest, Wigan included they are all dog turd. I do worry for the two teams that stay up out of that group though, I don't believe they'll get the same chance as this season to play that bad and survive.

Anyway back to the Liverpool game, Lawro's predicted us to draw 1-1, would anyone be happy enough with that?

Archived