BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring on Relegation!

In an attempt to counter all the (understandably) negative threads/comments etc, I want to start a positive thread about the GOOD things next season might bring if we are relegated. So I'll start:

1. Get rid of players who don't want to play for us

2. Breed in exciting new youngsters, eg: Henley

3. WIN more games

4. Score more goals

5. Beat the dingles twice!

The only positive thing will be if Venkys clear off and take Kean with them. Otherwise the pollution that surrounds BRFC will continue to infect it.

But yeah, bring on the bad old days - except without people in charge who care about Rovers, or football in general.

Score more goals and win more games? Scoring goals hasn't been the problem - it's conceding 2.5 goals a game that's crucified us.

• Backroom

As long as Kean is still here you can scrub 3, 4 and 5 from your jolly little list.

Unless Venky's leave the club there are no positives in relegation, and even if they do there are no guarantees anything good will come of new ownership.

Sorry pal but you are deluded. You need to head off back to the official messageboard where your smug, stupid sentiment is welcome.

I bet you were one of the last to change their minds about Kean and Venkys - if you even have.

Just saying "we'll be fine" doesn't make it so. If you could see your house was on fire, would you stay inside it just because the smoke alarm wasn't going off?

WAKE UP!!!

Bah! rubbish! look at what good relegation did newcastle

I actually feel sorry for you.

I'm glad you've come out of that coma you've been in for the last 18 months but I hate to break it to you, after beating Liverpool last season things didn't entirely go as hoped...

Sorry pal but you are deluded. You need to head off back to the official messageboard where your smug, stupid sentiment is welcome.

I bet you were one of the last to change their minds about Kean and Venkys - if you even have.

Just saying "we'll be fine" doesn't make it so. If you could see your house was on fire, would you stay inside it just because the smoke alarm wasn't going off?

WAKE UP!!!

I actually feel sorry for you.

I'm glad you've come out of that coma you've been in for the last 18 months but I hate to break it to you, after beating Liverpool last season things didn't entirely go as hoped...

I'm afraid I have never been a member of the official messageboard and I have always been skeptical about Kean and Venky's. So just be careful before making assumptions and wild allegations.

I fully understand the crisis the club is going through and of course am deeply upset.

However, I just try to remain a positive person. Every cloud....

I have not said "everything will be fine" but I am trying to take positives out of a bad situation.

Life isn't always rosey and wonderful and you've got to take the good with the bad.

We'll still be here long after Kean and Venky's have left, just remember that.

I am the one who feels sorry for you, if you just simply focus on the negatives and bad things all the time. We might as well all slit our wrists and be done with it.

We'll bounce back! Have some faith mate

I'm afraid I have never been a member of the official messageboard and I have always been skeptical about Kean and Venky's. So just be careful before making assumptions and wild allegations.

I fully understand the crisis the club is going through and of course am deeply upset.

I have not said "everything will be fine" but I am trying to take positives out of a bad situation.

Life isn't always rosey and wonderful and you've got to take the good with the bad.

I am the one who feels sorry for you, if you just simply focus on the negatives and bad things all the time. We might as well all slit our wrists and be done with it.

Faith in who?

kean? Venky's Hunt? Agnew? the motley clue of journeyman we'll have left playing for us?

• Backroom

We'll bounce back! Have some faith

This reads like it's literally been lifted right out of a Steve Kean interview :lol:

Completely different and very much more understandable perspective. If you had started a thread with that as the message, I would not have thought you deluded. However, talking optimistic, empty platitudes just for the sake of being 'positive' doesn't cut it.

So you suggest I don't make assumptions about you but then say that - ok.

I make a judgement based on applying logic to the information present, and what I see with my own eyes and try to be realistic. We have had 18 month of ###### and the roots causes are still here. Enough's enough.

We'll bounce back (somewhere) the day these imposters leave. On that day, feel free to start as many "positive threads" as you like. I may even create one myself. But until then don't make out like relegation will be just another adventure. I am literally dreading playing Bumley with Kean in charge of the rabble of a squad they'll afford him.

There no positives to be gained from this relegation , last time we had Jack Walker a man who cared deeply about the club ,John Williams was there too...We also had Duff , Dunn , Jansen and 1 or 2 more decent players, who with the right manager would blossom ..

It didn't happen over night ,but the arrival of Souness kicked ASS !!! The rest is history ..

We now have owners who don't care at all , a manager who is a joke ,people like the 2 Hunts, Agnew etc , who are in my opinion totally spineless and should resign en block !!!

Players like Goodwillie ,$hitout Dann, Petrovic need another relegation to find their level ...

I will be there next Saturday , for what will be the last meaningful premier league game in my lifetime (I am 49) ..There is no way back after this fiasco , the club is well and truly rotten to the core ..

I will continue to support BRFC cos I always have , I will get a season ticket again but not until Kean and his paymasters have left the club..

2 spells I have seen in the 3rd division and I would welcome a 3rd with open arms if it meant the end of the Venky ownership..

Too my mind this as been a DELIBERATE RELEGATION and the people involved should go !

Crunching tackle more like smooth knob.

This has to be the most venkyfied bag of chicken slaver that I've ever read since I've had an Internet connection.

Words really do fail me. Are you kean? Or thowd slapper herself.

Bah! rubbish! look at what good relegation did newcastle

Yeah, and look at what good it did Leeds both the Sheffield clubs and a handful of others who ended up in League One at some point or other. Bigger clubs than us have gone down and not bounced back, what makes you think our shambles will be anywhere near getting promoted next year?

• Backroom

Yeah, and look at what good it did Leeds both the Sheffield clubs and a handful of others who ended up in League One at some point or other. Bigger clubs than us have gone down and not bounced back, what makes you think our shambles will be anywhere near getting promoted next year?

Positive thinking, pal. With the pace and silky skills of Marcus Olsson, the industrious, no-nonsense, aggressive passion of Petrovic, the tireless energy of David Dunn, the Shearer-like prowess of David Goodwillie and the balls of steel in Hanley and Dann there's no chance we ain't coming right back up.

RTID, COYB!!!!!!!!!

The only positive thing will be if Venkys clear off and take Kean with them. Otherwise the pollution that surrounds BRFC will continue to infect it.

Correct, because there is nothing, repeat nothing, else to be gained from going down.

If (when) it is confirmed in the next few weeks our return to the top flight could be rather longer than the 26 years it took from 1966-92.

Positive thinking, pal. With the pace and silky skills of Marcus Olsson, the industrious, no-nonsense, aggressive passion of Petrovic, the tireless energy of David Dunn, the Shearer-like prowess of David Goodwillie and the balls of steel in Hanley and Dann there's no chance we ain't coming right back up.

RTID, COYB!!!!!!!!!

Dingle alert.

Correct, because there is nothing, repeat nothing, else to be gained from going down.

If (when) it is confirmed in the next few weeks our return to the top flight could be rather longer than the 26 years it took from 1966-92.

Spot on Jim

RTID, COYB!!!!!!!!!

Stevie boy couldn't have said it better himself. ;)

Yes but the young players you're talking about won't be. As soon as they are any good, they'll be sold and we won't see the money.

The problem is not that the players don't want to play for us, its that most are not very good at it. The ones who are have been sold or side-lined.

No silver lining till Coco and Venkys are history.

Dingle alert.

Irony alert I think!

When times are hard, and days are dark, as they currently are with the plight of our dear old football club. I always think back and consider what we’ve been through to achieve what we have. A long journeyed rollercoaster of footballing history and a culmination of some wonderful seasons, as I’m sure most of you will testify. Promotions. Champions. Cup wins. We’re a small old town in the heart of East Lancashire, but by heck, we’ve had a good time. I see this period of Kean and Wankys as a part of a long process of karma and balancing out the major successes we have. We can’t have it good all the time. I accepted relegation when we lost to Bolton before Christmas, and my period of mourning is over and now I’m trying to be more optimistic and move on with my life, even though I know how hard it is. When my Great Grandad saw Rovers lose to Wolves in the 1960 final, he swore he’d never watch them again. He lied. I’ve got blue and white blood and always will. I want Kean and these Hindu chicken farmers to do one, but relegation isn’t the end. I’m still going to Ewood next season to support our boys, and the season after and after that too. If we don’t have hope we have nothing at all. I’ve had many proud moments supporting the blue and white army. One I’ll never forget is when Arsenal scored the third goal in the FA semi final in 2005, the Rovers fans started singing louder than the Arsenal fans. We were just proud of our boys and the achievement of getting to the semi. It was a hell of day out in Cardiff too. We need to resurrect the Rovers spirit, we’ve had it good for too long. Come on! Bring on next season.

Archived