BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Old Ewood

There's a website where you can purchase old pictures of Ewood prior to the re-development what I want to get a copy of - specifically the old Blackburn End where it said Rovers FC. The site has been posted on here previously. Does any one have a link as I cannot find it via Google.

Cheers

Funny thing looking at that photo of the BBE. In my minds eye the pylon was more the the right and I can't remember any windows at the BBE! Then again, those turnstiles seemed much bigger when I was only a few years old! Don't miss those bogs though, used to hate going for a pee in there when I was a nipper.

My wife bought me a picture from Homes of Football for my 50th birthday. It wasn't the one I wanted ('Welcome to Ewood Park' a close up of the rovers fc sign now gracing the JW statue. But they only do 10 of each). My picture shows the old BBE, Nuttall Street and the tramlines at night when tickets were £5 (Street Where the Football Ground Meets). I am looking at it as I type with a tear in my eye remembering days when you felt part of the club.

Home of Football used to be based in Ambleside but have now moved to the National Football Museum in Manchester. Some great Rovers photos including one of the Turd Moor flyover.

Homes of Football

Before the construction work began i was given access by the groundsman to take some photos. I walked all around the pitch and went into every end. Took some decent photos and carried on taking them during the construction. One day i intend to get them scanned onto my pc. If i get chance tonight i'll see which are the best ones and post some on here.

Before the construction work began i was given access by the groundsman to take some photos. I walked all around the pitch and went into every end. Took some decent photos and carried on taking them during the construction. One day i intend to get them scanned onto my pc. If i get chance tonight i'll see which are the best ones and post some on here.

That would be excellent, Will!

I'm nostalic about the 'old' place! I miss it!

Love this photo. Favorite kit! OLD DRESSING ROOM

That would be excellent, Will!

I'm nostalic about the 'old' place! I miss it!

Love this photo. Favorite kit! OLD DRESSING ROOM

It always reminds me of Lee Richardson that kit. I remember thinking he was going to be awesome...based purely on the fact that his brother had won on the pools.

Kin dear that! I rem when it was 1s 6d.

Btw did anybody realise that allegedly the 'Blackburn' was removed cos of fears of an airborn invasion by the Germans?

Oh I can trump that one Theno......I remember when it was 9d (i.e. 9 old pence) Nah nah na nah nah!!!!

353_display.jpg

The good old B/burn End Terrace,Tram lines on Kidder st,Albion mill in the background and a proud club untouched by Indian nutters.

Happy days!

Thanks for the photo. Used to wait for my dad by that corner flag after every match. Kids were allowed to sit on benches on the shale perimeter track in front of the boundary wall in those days.

My favourite kit too though I remember many hating it at the time.

Is Wembley the same as cuppies? It was always headers n volleys and double cuppies for us.

I can still vividly remember my dad telling me;

"The new shirt is going to be in 'Argentina Blue.'" :D

We used to call 'Wembley' "Headers and Volleys" or "3 and in."

I can also recommend getting a print from Homes of Football. I got the one of Blackburn End old entrance and they mounted it for me and threw in a couple of postcards in for free.

Archived