BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You know what? I've felt for a while like we were going to be relegated. Still hurts deeply now it's happened for definite.

Robbo looked disgusted as he did his lap of honour at the end. I really hope he lamps Kean. And now the season's effectively over, all the soulless lifeless sorry excuses for footballers can **** off to pastures new. I'd rather we had a raffle between the fans each week to see who of us plays, talent is nothing without commitment. At least we could put a team together that had a bit of fight.

Steve Kean is a marked man. God help him if he meets any of the 1% at any point in the rest of his life.

I knew in August we'd go down - I said so in Jim's relegation thread and haven't ever believed anything different. It still hurts a lot, now, though. It's not just the relegation that hurts... it's everything. Seeing the club in such a pathetic state, knowing we're in for dark, dark times... just horrible.

The thing that really winds me up is that this is the worst Premier League ever. A half decent squad and a half decent manager would have kept the club in a comfortable position.

I have been expecting this all season but the pain is still there.

Unfortunately the only way is down with Kean and Venkys. This time next year we will be a Division 1 club.

Sav:

He's not good enough for this league.

He's not good enough for the championship.

The hatred towards him is every where every stand and fan wants him out.

He should have been sacked after Bolton at home.

He should do the only thing left and resign.

Blackburn will only go down the leagues under him.

Fans support the team, it's the manager and the owners they hate.

This is the same Robbie Savage who wrote in his newspaper column a couple of months ago that Kean had won him over, months after the Bolton home game?

I don't feel that hurt by it, it's been on the cards for a season.

Nothing major to add about Kean, I thought we would be relegated under him and we have. Venky's should have put him out of his misery long ago, if anyone should shoulder the blame for the emotional damage he has suffered then it's Venky's for not taking him out of the firing line.

Venky's have had their rubicon moment, no way back for them from this. They will never be accepted now.

Relegation should provide an opportunity to purge some of these underperforming past it players off the wage books, they have to take a large chunk of the blame for this.

Relegation fully deserved, it's going to be interesting to see what happens next and how Venky's react.

Blackburn Rovers defender Bradley Orr on boss Steve Kean after Rovers' relegation from the top flight: "He is very down, devastated, but behind the scenes, what people don't see, he has been different class and I am gutted for him. We feel short as a group of players. It is hard to take."

Archived