Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 shots on target and 37% possession.....what a joke

Kean the fu**face obviously didn't see the same match as the rest of us:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2763198,00.html

"I don't think we can fault the players tonight, they gave every ounce.

"They gave it a real good go, we gave it everything, I couldn't fault the players' effort but we haven't managed to get the victory to take it to the last game so we are all devastated.

I'm convinced that in his post-match interview Kean was halfway to claiming that he could "walk out there with [his] head held high". He checked himself and it's impossible to tell but I wouldn't put it past him.

Had Kean posessed an ounce of intelligence, he'd have resigned a long time ago. What club in their right mind will give him a second chance at being a manager after such a disgraceful performance? Turbulence can be expected when a manager takes the helm for the first time in his career, but Kean's performance only got worse as time went on, not better. His incompetence not only sent a proud franchise down a division...he torpedoed his own career in the process.

This is what infuriated me so much about his hiring in the first place. Only a background as an assistant at a handful of clubs, and he was never a member of any staff which won even one trophy. Who the hell thought he'd be qualified to win at this level? This would be the equivalent of Goldman Sachs suddenly promoting an intern into a VP position. If any of you have ever wondered what the end result is when you put a person in a manager's role who is severely underqualified for it...well, there you have it.

I just can't see how he, or the Venkys, stay on through next year. Doing so would essentially be declaring war against the clubs supporters.

Can we get Steve Kean institutionalised? I think somethings up with his head! I though Ninja Dan was going to be needed at the end there! Shameful how this has all ended. Very few of the players give a sh#t and don't even get me started on the rest of the club. Props to Robbo - hope he finds a good new home next season, his always tried his best.

Awful day, I remember coming home from Anfield feeling a millionaire in 95, bought a bottle of Champers at Threshers in Clitheroe, drank into the night, still felt great the next morning, now feel like I don't belong - credit to all gave Coco & despicable owners sh*t, can't go back until gone

No complaints. We were poor yet again, no fight, no craft and no idea. We will struggle in the Championship with this side. There needs to be a sea change in everything about the club. Our midfield has been none existent for months. We are are a poor poor side. It's sad to see our club in such a state. Kean has to go and Venky's need to have a reality check. They have ripped the heart out of a proud, well respected and well managed club. I can't see a way back for us, it's very sad.

Says it all that a Chairman of another club showed more sadness at Rovers being relegated than our so called manager and players.

+1

I also thought it showed how out of touch with reality and/or shameless Kean is when he used Allardyce's West Ham as an example of how to keep a squad together.

Which in itself is pretty gutting. We are going to have to 'fight' to keep hold of this bunch of losers and sycophants, still managed by Kean. Forget about improving the squad, eh?

Why the (Please don't use that word again) is he still here?

Kean the fu**face obviously didn't see the same match as the rest of us:

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2763198,00.html

"I don't think we can fault the players tonight, they gave every ounce.

"They gave it a real good go, we gave it everything, I couldn't fault the players' effort but we haven't managed to get the victory to take it to the last game so we are all devastated.

What ###### planet is he on?!? Anyone with eyes could see we've shown little effort, heart, guts, balls, nous or passion. If he thinks they've given everything he's either on drugs or mental. What an absolute brainless, deluded ####.

And he thinks he's 'the man' to lead our promotion charge next season??!? He needs ###### sectioning - he obviously didn't hear 23,000 people singing 'Kean Out' then.

W@nker.

Had Kean posessed an ounce of intelligence, he'd have resigned a long time ago. What club in their right mind will give him a second chance at being a manager after such a disgraceful performance? Turbulence can be expected when a manager takes the helm for the first time in his career, but Kean's performance only got worse as time went on, not better. His incompetence not only sent a proud franchise down a division...he torpedoed his own career in the process.

This is what infuriated me so much about his hiring in the first place. Only a background as an assistant at a handful of clubs, and he was never a member of any staff which won even one trophy. Who the hell thought he'd be qualified to win at this level? This would be the equivalent of Goldman Sachs suddenly promoting an intern into a VP position. If any of you have ever wondered what the end result is when you put a person in a manager's role who is severely underqualified for it...well, there you have it.

I just can't see how he, or the Venkys, stay on through next year. Doing so would essentially be declaring war against the clubs supporters.

I'm not having a go at you so don't take this the wrong way. Don't refer to Rovers as a "franchise" again please.

been reading through these and couldnt think of anything to write. the only emotion i feel is anger. angry at being shot down by the media for caring, angry at our manager and owners for what as happened. angry that i cant understand what has happened and how it has happened.

being relegated isnt the problem. ive always felt that i would support my team in any league but i cant go again whilst kean is there.

when we were relegated last time it was emotional and i shed a tear but this time i felt anger and hatred towards everything about this club bar our own fans.

Devastated. Knew it was going to happen, but still devastated.

Glad to see we are finally getting some recognition from the press, but it's all too late.

Congratulations to whomever smuggled the chicken and got it onto the pitch, for all the press releases and protest marches that chicken will be the one thing that will get picked up on by he press. (no slur on BRAG btw).

It's all a bit raw at this stage, but decisions now need to be taken to sort out the mess. It's clear that Kean must go, and big changes must happen with the off-field management of the club too. At the moment we have no base of experienced players, our better players will leave, our manager isnt good enough, etc...

Kamy has said on twitter he has a file of things on Venkys, but he's not 100% sure which are true. All this, and anything others know,needs to be brought out into the open. Then we need a plan to first stabilise the club, then progress.

Well that's what it came down to. The chicken put up more of a fight than any of our players. What a shower of ######. Nobody with the possible of Robbo should be able to hold their heads up. If I was any one of the sorry illegitimates I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. What a complete shambles, Don't get me going on Pedersen ! Have you ever seen two worse free kicks in all your life ? Dunny crocked before he started. What a surprise. Orr and Ollsen injured also. Givet looked delighted to get off. Petrovic, words fail me . Modeste, it's an old joke but he's got a lot to be modest about. Dann, complete numpty, this years Darren Peacock. The Yak tried, Hoilett tried when he got the ball. Lowe, was he playing.

We deserve to go down, Wigan were light years ahead of us in ability and team play. Good luck to them.

More rational comments tomorrow.

Can anybody tell me where was the tactical gameplan to win this game ?.

Im sure i could not see one,it looked like a collection of individuals sent on the pitch with absolutely no idea who was doing what.

My Granny uses more tactics to open a bottle of sauce !.

Three up front, three in midfield with high starting positions and orders to close everything in sight down quickly... Which of course failed miserably since Wigan just played through that press and got to run at our goal with 3-4 players thoughout the game. Another miserable performance on a miserable Monday night. We're relegated, and all I feel is emptiness.

Maybe Orr didn't have to throw in the best manager he's ever worked with but he's hardly gonna slag him off either. Every time a team has been relegated the players don't criticise the manager. We still pay his wages and he's one of the select few who is very likely to be here next season. And i'm sure he knows wat happens to players who stand up to our "manager".

The lack of effort seen in most players can probably be used as a criticism of them but it's the manager's job to motivate the players. Barring the legends of Givet and Robinson, in my opinion Orr and Dunn were the only ones trying as they didn't want to play in the Championship. Barring the youngsters in all of this. Not that Hoilett etc are completely blameless and they all still owe something to the club (well the fans) but can you blame them for wanting to leave and just getting the season over with.

We all know who the real culprits are and at least there is a chance that they will all leave forever as I feel that if we would of survived this season, next year would be even worse due to the losses of Hoilett and probs Yakubu, Nzonzi, Martin Olsson etc

Like I think Topman pointed out fans were criticising the players towards Ince's reign and the end of Souness'. Even with individual mistakes, look at how many Chelsea's defence made under AVB compared to Mourinho. It's the "tactics" in games.

Saying all of this I still expect Kean/Venky's to be here at the start of next season but when they notice how little coverage Championship teams get, this will make them sell up.

To who will be another story but "better the devil you know" does not apply with these absolute clowns.

And fair play to Robbie Savage and the legend who released the chicken hahaha

Archived