BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic

As I sit here with raging poison ivy down my arm that looks and feels similar to watching Rovers play today, I am truly concerned that we would be pushed to avoid relegation next season. Most of the players on the pitch appeared to be texting their agents rather than dying for the Club so it is likely that we will be left with what can't be sold. Oh and what can't be fired. That would be the manager. what a frightening prospect. unless the clueless clucks that are our owners think a parachute payment is for chucking him out of a plane at high altitude.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a pathetic effort by the team. In the second half, i was just wishing for wigan to score and put us out of our misery. Great to see robbo applauding the fans at the end though.

I remembered being down for a few weeks after our relegation in 1999 and i don't feel anything at all now.

Thanks a lot for that Kean and Venkys, you have done something i thought was impossible.

In a game were we needed to win (the imposter harped on about it enough pre match) he plays an obvious 4-5-1 with the poorest excuse for a footballer (Modeste) playing wide right. God how poor is he? If his boots were anything to go by he would be world class. Sadly more like Pleasington class. That, for me is one of the footballing reasons were are in this position. I was racking my brains during the game to think of ANY match were his tactics and tactical substitutions have had a POSITIVE effect on the game. Having seen all but three of the matches under his tenure I couldn't think of one.

Shocking performance from a bunch of footballing mercenaries. Clear the decks and start again.

No .... I have lost my voice tonight cheering on those chaps dressed in Blue and White ... unlike an unhealthy minority who did their best (and were ultimately successful) in enhancing the chances of the opposition.

God help us.....what planet are you on man. With BS like this you should be in politics

Without the dross like yourself and Preston Blue darkening Ewood's doors next season the SUPPORTER experiance will be a whole lot better. To be honest after tonight I'm embarrassed for you.

Thank you son. Stick to licking the botties of the VENKYS people.

I really wish 47er hadn't baited Ewood Spark, and that Ewood Spark hadn't risen so magnificently to that bait. We then get post after post having a go at each other! FFS people, this is not the fans fault regardless of the stance you've taken on Kean or Venkys.

It is obvious that a lot of posters know who Ewood Spark is and therefore their posting are tempered by this knowledge.

I don't but have seen his postings for a long time - nothing has changed - he comes across as an attention seeking WUM, TIT and WKR.

I really wish 47er hadn't baited Ewood Spark, and that Ewood Spark hadn't risen so magnificently to that bait. We then get post after post having a go at each other! FFS people, this is not the fans fault regardless of the stance you've taken on Kean or Venkys.

Sorry BRB but ES does seem to believe that it is the PROTESTORS who were to blame. I went last night, freebie ticket, for the 1st time in 6 months.

I cheared my team and protested against Coco and the chickens. The football was a disgrace.

Sorry BRB but ES does seem to believe that it is the PROTESTORS who were to blame. I went last night, freebie ticket, for the 1st time in 6 months.

I cheared my team and protested against Coco and the chickens. The football was a disgrace.

I know and I agree. Just wish we could stick all the fan vs fan stuff in a separate thread; that way it can be ignored if you don't want to read it. On this main match thread, it's too upsetting to see us as each others throats. :(

I know and I agree. Just wish we could stick all the fan vs fan stuff in a separate thread; that way it can be ignored if you don't want to read it. On this main match thread, it's too upsetting to see us as each others throats. :(

No problem, he is back on my ignore list.

What makes Ewood Spark think they will learn from their "mistakes"??

His attitude appears to be a triumph of hope over expectation/ logic/ intelligence/ common sense.

The stripping of almost all talent from our squad, the insistence on keeping Steve Kean, the lack of attendance at games - indicative of people who do not have the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart.

They've not made innocent mistakes, they've deliberately shaved operating costs as low as possible, flogged off almost all saleable assets and not made any investment themselves. Ewood Spark seems to think all that has happened because they've been badly advised.

They must be blind and stupid not to be able to work out the head-on crashing they were accelerating towards.

You say they're the only ones who showed any interest in ownership, I say they haven't shown any interest in owning us for most of their stewardship of their club.

It is obvious that a lot of posters know who Ewood Spark is and therefore their posting are tempered by this knowledge.

I don't but have seen his postings for a long time - nothing has changed - he comes across as an attention seeking WUM, TIT and WKR.

Yes you're right he is a thoroughly decent man. I don't agree with his views but I know he has Rovers in his and his family's heart.

My top 3 targets to blame for this Awful mess is

1.Venkys (hope they dissaper from sesspit they came from)

2.Kean (hope tomorrow he gets 'abducted' by aliens and it was a "positive experience I'll take the positives from it and play a positive guitar solo"or pefrerebly lynched)

3.Scott Dann (Been a absolute disgrace to the shirt all season how the guy can justify earning a stupid sum of money for being a 'proffesional footballer' is beyone me, one of if not the worst footballer I have ever seen in a rovers shirt.)

You can add Pedersen to that list. I've rarely seen such a "performance" last night from a so called professional footballer but then that just mirrors the rest of his "efforts" this season and to be honest he hasn't been much better for the last few seasons either, he's been swindling money from the Club for a long time now with his performances. And I was told this week by a reasonable source that he's on 60k p.w.

There's a lot more to be said about Kean and Venky's now the inevitable has happened but Leaving them aside the players were little short of a disgrace last night as well. A must win game and you'd have thought we were playing for a point. I can understand a team going down because they're not good enough but can't understand a team who has to win matches to have a chance of staying up going 143 minutes before mustering an attempt on goal and having two attempts on goal in 180 minutes.

I can't understand a team who had moved practically to the brink of safety with the Sunderland home win then failing to turn up for any of the remaining away fixtures at Bolton WBA Swansea and Spurs, or at home last night or turning up with a view to keeping the score down against Man Ure. Don't understand it at all. Most of them won't be here next season so it's no skin off their nose whatsoever what hsappens to the Club or whether Kean is sacked, why could they not play for their own pride and reputations?

I would excuse Robinson and Dunn from my criticism of last night, at least they looked like the only two who could be arsed.

Kean has testicles that's for sure. He didnt run down the tunnel when some players were running for cover as fans made it onto the pitch.

Such a poor performance. We've been playing this way since the Bolton game onwards in reality. Looked rudderless.

Playing 4-3-3 if that was what it was supposed to be was a good idea on paper but when you play a striker on the right side of attack and get him to track back to right back, its pointless.

Only Dunn, Martin Olsson, Lowe, and Robinson showed proper urgency in terms of our situation. Cant blame MGP as he gives his all and cares about the club of that I am sure of.

But when you collect a team of mercenaries this is the end result. People like Dann are already planning their next move.

Ewood spark youre talking like Kean, a load of bollux.

We sdaw a team sent out that had no idea, no formation and no hope.

To play Modeste out wide was a joke from the off. We saw FDunn runing around like aloony boin, he was only going to get sent off or injured and indeed he fell to injury. What did we see ? An inexperienced left winger replacing him leaving that centre midfield as wide as the mouth of the Thames. Never had a Wigan team had so much space through the middle.

we saw Yak and Hoilett playing numpty ball, no supply line and easily cut off becasue there was a huge gap in the centre and no back up for them, no support and no supply.

We saw yet agian how inexperienced Lowe is in the midfield and YET we see Petrovic and NZonzi benched ! Guess what happened when he threw Ptetrovic on ? We gained some control in the middle.

Kean is a clueless clown and hasnt got a a clue. He is the reason why we went down because he is the manager he picks the team he takes traning and he tries to attempt at knowing what tactics to employ. The man has not a shred of pride or dignity.

Dont blame the fans, they pay the money and have the right to an opinion. Kean is not wanted at the club. There are some of the very worst players in a shirt that should be worn with pride yet last night ambled around knowing they will still get the money despite what league we are in next season.

How Kean could rate Modeste as a Premier player is baffling. How he could think that the fat lady hadnt warmed her throat in the last few months just evidences how thick a clown he really is becasue everyoine else at Ewood, yes the fans, have seen what has been coming since he took the job from Sam.

Thats plain and simple.

Now then ES once you have digested that little issue then you might be able to see and realise just what has happened at our club.

The Blackburn public should be at least proud that noone actually went for the little scheming scottish twit

You can add Pedersen to that list. I've rarely seen such a "performance" last night from a so called professional footballer but then that just mirrors the rest of his "efforts" this season and to be honest he hasn't been much better for the last few seasons either, he's been swindling money from the Club for a long time now with his performances. And I was told this week by a reasonable source that he's on 60k p.w.

There's a lot more to be said about Kean and Venky's now the inevitable has happened but Leaving them aside the players were little short of a disgrace last night as well. A must win game and you'd have thought we were playing for a point. I can understand a team going down because they're not good enough but can't understand a team who has to win matches to have a chance of staying up going 143 minutes before mustering an attempt on goal and having two attempts on goal in 180 minutes.

I can't understand a team who had moved practically to the brink of safety with the Sunderland home win then failing to turn up for any of the remaining away fixtures at Bolton WBA Swansea and Spurs, or at home last night or turning up with a view to keeping the score down against Man Ure. Don't understand it at all. Most of them won't be here next season so it's no skin off their nose whatsoever what hsappens to the Club or whether Kean is sacked, why could they not play for their own pride and reputations?

I would excuse Robinson and Dunn from my criticism of last night, at least they looked like the only two who could be arsed.

Anthony Modeste.

What on earth is the point of him. An insult to the shirt. Disgrace.

Felt for Robbo, Lowe and Dunny. They took it hard.

The whole evening had such an air of inevitablity and sadness.

It was like the decision to tell the vet to put your long-time pet dog to sleep. Sad but relieved to be over.

How far can Kean take us down?

• Backroom

Not sure what Spark heard in Pune that I didn't but I lost any faith in them doing the right thing by the club after strongly hinting they were listening to the fans and Kean was on his way then doing absolutely nothing about it.

I find the lines about being ' bought' a massive insult and way off the mark (my price would be a lot more than a few days in a part of the world I had no intention of ever going)

Understandable people will react at this time though

Last night I just felt numb - this morning I just feel worried for what will happen to the club next.

Unlike many - I did think the players put in reasonable efort last night - just that much of it was mis-directed. IMO the tactics (4-3-3 what ?) showed no respect to a Wigan side who have shown they can currently hold their own against far better teams than Rovers.

On the positive side - I did think the chicken showed great promise - a good turn of speed and dribbling ability - took two players to stop him - even then with a fowl.

Kean has fallen out with that many players that it was always going to be a big ask last night. Instead of putting those arguments to one side, what does he do?

He keeps them out the team, like he has time and time again this season.

We have players not playing cos of money, players not playing cos of contracts, and players not playing because Kean has had a spat with them.

Its like a bloody kindergarten, in life you have to work with people you dont get on with, but when the job needs doing that has to be put to one side.

How on earth does he think he can manage a team, by not playing the best available players he has at his disposal. If its not Kean's way , its the highway.

We have not been relegated because we was the worst team, we have been relegated because every decision from the owners, board and Manager has been a decision which has been the wrong one.

They have taken us down each week before a ball is kicked, and the fight must start now, to wrestle this club out of the clutches of these people. My biggest fear now is how low do we fall before enough becomes enough

Last night I just felt numb - this morning I just feel worried for what will happen to the club next.

Unlike many - I did think the players put in reasonable efort last night - just that much of it was mis-directed.

They should've played like their lives depended on it. Instead it was half-assed from most of them. Pedersen being a particular stand-out in that sense. The free-kick, what was that about?

Having said that, the tactical set-up was appalling, but we should expect nothing less from Kean. Substitutions were also baffling.

Archived