BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Posted this in the season ticket thread but it's relevant here.... blows Keans 1% out of the water, like we already knew.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18115990

Relegated Blackburn Rovers have the most disgruntled fans - many of whom have staged protests in the past season against Indian owners Venky's and manager Steve Kean - with more than half of ticket holders (56%) saying they will not renew.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Kean turned up at Ewood, can someone go there and spy and someone go to Brockhall and ask him questions? He was happily speaking at a pub in Hong Kong at Rovers and if everything is fine he would speak now too for sure...something is wrong and thats why he's missing.

Very strange that he hasnt spoken out yet, especially if he was safe.

Remain hopeful he has been removed, and the announcement is simply delayed whilst other things are put in place......One can hope cant they!!

Has Kean turned up at Ewood, can someone go there and spy and someone go to Brockhall and ask him questions? He was happily speaking at a pub in Hong Kong at Rovers and if everything is fine he would speak now too for sure...something is wrong and thats why he's missing.

This is quite important, as by all accounts he was due back at work today.

Remain hopeful he has been removed, and the announcement is simply delayed whilst other things are put in place......One can hope cant they!!

My fear is that the club are going to try to sugar the medicine with promises of funds for new players - as they announce Kean staying (in whatever role) - and Agnew promoted to board. It could be they are getting all their ducks in a row - before making any form of announcement - I just hope they appreciate the impact if one of those ducks is Kean.

My fear is that the club are going to try to sugar the medicine with promises of funds for new players - as they announce Kean staying (in whatever role) - and Agnew promoted to board. It could be they are getting all their ducks in a row - before making any form of announcement - I just hope they appreciate the impact if one of those ducks is Kean.

I think you are doing them the enormous (and wholly undeserved) compliment of granting them with some measure of intelligence and organisation and logic (which they simply do not have).

Isn't the season ticket deadline up soon?

We can but hope Hughesy. Yet more fans I know asking for a refund on season tickets!! It will get even messier if they confirm they are keeping him on.

We can but hope Hughesy. Yet more fans I know asking for a refund on season tickets!! It will get even messier if they confirm they are keeping him on.

A guy like him would be bragging to his mates if he was still in the job. Lets do hope for the best!

Don't know why I am bothering coming on here for news at the moment.. Agnew is director of communications so we will hear squat, Kean is apparently at the office so he isn't going anywhere soon.. well ok he is going on holiday (GJ on making sure all the players don't walk out), in all probability we will not hear a thing until he gets back and then it will be some drivel about how jnr is set to sign a new contract the day before he signs for someone else, how no other players are leaving at the exact same time half of them sign for other clubs and how there is no rift between him and the staff at Ewood as any detractor gets marched off the premesis.

We will then start the new season without an FD, match day announcer, chairman, tea lady, Deputy CEO or CEO after all who needs em when you have Kean, half a dozen completely unknown players (but of course one of them will be the next Pele), no sponsor and an empty ground.

If he had managed to keep the manager position he would have spoken or got his mates in the press to do so by now. I would imagine a change of job title will hurt him, even if he keeps a great deal of power behind the scenes the fact his title isn't manager will mean he doesn't get the press attention he appears to crave.

I hope we hear something today even if it’s the bad news that he is staying on in some capacity. Other clubs in the Championship are working on their retained lists and are trying to sort out their squads; Rovers meanwhile appear to be a complete standstill until the manager’s future is sorted out.

A guy like him would be bragging to his mates if he was still in the job. Lets do hope for the best!

The first thing he's going to get asked if he shows his face in the press is about the video. Even that snake can't avoid this scandal.Thats more likely the reason for him lying low. Although i agree that idiots like Jim White on sky probably would be blurting something out about his football genius mate still being in power :wacko:

This will surely be resolved before Stevie Kean takes his "well earned" two week holiday on friday. Surely :blink:

It has been decided and its the biggest FU to the fans in the history of football

Out of all the most selfish people i have known - this guy blows them all out the water.

Until he resigns he is basically saying to the world me being at the club is more important that keeping 15k fans. Mr Dignity - pffftt

For those who don't have twitter or can't access it at work, the latest from Nick Harris:

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel

#rovers update is no update of signif. SK at training ground with future v much in the air. India pondering. Don't expect swift anncements.

All the dithering and dathering just shows the absolute chaos that our club is in, to the point where no one can confirm after all the meetings that have gone on, if Kean is indeed still in charge.

Archived