BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cryer

I know nothing has yet been achieved but I just want to thank Andy Cryer for his efforts in trying to communicate his info to the fans and to put pressure on the owners.

It could be argued that he left it a bit late but I honestly think he was waiting to see if we might stay up first.

He might not be a Blackburn lad but just recently he has come into his own as really trying to get to the bottom of the problems, and has really gone up in my estimations.

Thanks, well done and good luck.

• Moderation Lead

Topman's comment made me laugh!

Anyway, for a local paper to come out with the headline 'Time to go Steve' after that shambles at home to Bolton- took some mettle.

Fair play.

Agree with Stuart. A little hard to be critical when the LT were doing a Let's Get Behind Them campaign afterall. I doubt that was Cryers idea, it may well have come from the club, possibly from Partridge, sorry, I mean Aggers. Either way I'll guess that it was an Editorial decision to go relatively easy on Kean while there was a chance of stopping up.

The LT may well have been stung by some of the criticism thrown their way after the front page in December of Time to Go Steve - criticism that came by and large from people who don't give a damn about Blackburn Rovers or it's future.

Anyway, once the season was over Andy has been pretty unrelenting in his criticism, and rightly so. Good work.

• Backroom

He's far too negative for my liking.

Spot on Toppers, we prefer to be positive here. Andy's been negative all season. Why he doesn't see relegation as an exciting time for the club is beyond me... he's so blinded by his negative negativity that he can't see we're taking ten steps back to go one forward. NEGATIVE.

defo done a decent job since the penny dropped. topman what do you mean negative? there hasnt been a positive thing to write!!

You wouldn't last long in Cumbernauld with that attitude, matey.

Anyway, once the season was over Andy has been pretty unrelenting in his criticism, and rightly so. Good work.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. Andy and the LT must educate the non-messageboard reading masses and tell them about the preposterous goings on at Rovers. Screw maintaining a good relationship with the club, as the club is Blackburn in name only.

Hopefully this is just the beginning. Andy and the LT must educate the non-messageboard reading masses and tell them about the preposterous goings on at Rovers. Screw maintaining a good relationship with the club, as the club is Blackburn in name only.

Agreed. The club will thank him for it when it comes out of its coma.

Still in two minds with the LT, the Bolton bit was great then well.. lets be honest they didn't really follow through on that early promise for months on end. Not sure if it was cryers fault (producer?) there as he is def anti Venkys and Kean but would of liked to of seen them continue the fight.

Read the end of this interview you might understand what people mean:

Cryer being negative

I don't remember reading this interview - I call bull**** on these quotes: (Kean that is, not Andy)

"I could go through the whole lot of them (his signings). But if you look at Petrovic it has taken him a long time to adapt but I think he will prove a very good player for us."

"We tried to get a squad that could stay in the leagues" - leagues?

"I don’t want to comment about figures and what’s been decided on a financial plan, it was my job to manage the team and I can hold my head high and so can the players." - Bull****

"I know you’ve been negative Andy – but I would rather be positive. I’m positive. You’ve been negative all season." - AND THAT'S WHERE I'D GET MAD :angry2: :angry2:

I'm surprised Andy didn't give him a well deserved right hook at the end of that interview...

I agree that Cryer has done as much as we can expect from a journalist who probably need to maintain a balance between publishing what he knows and maintaining a working relation with the club.

I always thot the abuse he got from Nicko and the nickoteens were too over the top.

Think it took a while for LT & Cryer to come to the party, however, once the penny finally dropped with them, they have been very supportive.

Couldn't agree more.

The Hoilett and Yakubu leaving reports from last week, whilst 'billy liar' was in Pune telling all sorts of fibs, may have helped, time will tell on that one.

Archived