BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] euro12 thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to good old fashioned goal difference? So much easier.

It makes so much more sense and makes the final games more exciting. The Dutch are basically out now, they need to get a point from this to have any chance of going through.

It makes so much more sense and makes the final games more exciting. The Dutch are basically out now, they need to get a point from this to have any chance of going through.

No they don´t. If the Germans beat Denmark and the Dutch defeat Portuguese. Then there are three countries in 3 points and a goal difference matters. And it´s the goal difference in matches they three played against each other. Basicly goal difference not including the match against Germany.

• Backroom

Don't know if anyone else is disturbed by Lawro making a complete tit of himself just off-mic but he laughed at the referee being a referee because he loves it rather than for the money. Does this mean Lawro thinks the idea of this is absurd and is also just with the BBC because of money and not passion? :angry2: Probably stating the obvious but he's a complete pillock.

Why they have him commentating is beyond me, he sounds bored out of his mind. Was bloody irritated when I realised he was commentating.

Also, Big Mario is awesome... love that man. Germans look really good, scary thing is they're only going to get better.

No they don´t. If Germans beat Denmark and the Dutch defeat Portuguese. Then there are three countries in 3 points and goal difference matters.

Isn't the first tie-breaker head-to-head? In which case the Germans are through regardless, but even if Denmark lose to Germany then the Dutch would be out because they lost to the Danes.

Tie Breaker Rules. There's no way that the Dutch can qualify if they lose this.

Why they have him commentating is beyond me, he sounds bored out of his mind. Was bloody irritated when I realised he was commentating.

Also, Big Mario is awesome... love that man. Germans look really good, scary thing is they're only going to get better.

He was awesomely ###### in the champions league final.

Isn't the first tie-breaker head-to-head? In which case the Germans are through regardless, but even if Denmark lose to Germany then the Dutch would be out because they lost to the Danes.

You can´t compare just two countries if there is 3 in same points. They all have lost and won.

If Holland lose today but beat Portugal, and Germany beat Denmark, then Portugal, Denmark and Holland would all be on 3 points, and they would all have lost to one of the other teams and beaten the other. Then goal difference would come into play, and they could go through.

• Backroom

Don't know if anyone else is disturbed by Lawro making a complete tit of himself just off-mic but he laughed at the referee being a referee because he loves it rather than for the money. Does this mean Lawro thinks the idea of this is absurd and is also just with the BBC because of money and not passion? :angry2: Probably stating the obvious but he's a complete pillock.

Funny thing is he is the best ref so far, probably no coincidence either

• Backroom

True enough pal, but even players of his ilk have a poor game every so often! He's certainly doing my fantasy team proud so far.

Someone mentioned Lawro talking about Podolski or one of the German players, I think Podolski or his family did contact the Polish FA when he was still very young but the Polish FA didn't really seem interested or follow up on it. I think I have heard this, there are some Polish Football websites out there and think I saw that in a forum.

Rooneys new hair is terribad!

You more than anyone should be aware that illegal violation of the English language by the use of internet slang is actionable and could land the site in court.

As for the football it's all so dull and predictable with the German looking nailed-on winners. :angry:

• Backroom

You more than anyone should be aware that illegal violation of the English language by the use of internet slang is actionable and could land the site in court.

And you more than anyone should be aware that's a pointless statement, you make enough of them after all

Chillax James

:P

Funny how much harder it is to score when the team you're playing against have no interest in doing so themselves and just stick 11 men behind the ball.

Better off judging Gomez by the 41 goals he scored last season, including 12 in the Champions League.

He's Shearer level of good.

They should be able to beat Portugal by two, shouldn´t they?

the two played in 2006, that is some World Cup game and the two should be considered rivals, therefore, I see it as looking even. Lots of cards in that match, basically I think it'd be called a dirty game.

Except for the 2004 Euro, Germany seems to always be in the thick of the Euro and World Cup.

2 teams of 11 players chase after the ball for 90 minutes and at the end the German team wins or however exactly Gary Lineker said it.

Can't believe how Spain are being written off. Germany won't cut through their defence as easily as Holland or Portugal, and they'll see far less of the ball.

Whilst I fancy the Germans you can't count Spain out, they're still the best team, especially if Del Bosque gives Llorente a proper chance.

Germany were really impressive and probably had another gear or two if they needed it, that last 10 mins was a masterclass in holding onto a lead.

Hummels probably the best central defender of the tournament so far? Lahm was a beast at the back as well, playing with and knowing Robben helped tonight. Gomez appears to not do much but then bang he gets in and scores, that turn and finish was excellent. Schweinsteiger cements himself as one of the best CM's in world football.

Only player that has really disappointed me in the German side is Podolski, he's had a poor tournament so far. Reus might be worth a go against Denmark but I can see Low sticking with Podolski and hoping he comes good at some point.

• Backroom

Funny how much harder it is to score when the team you're playing against have no interest in doing so themselves and just stick 11 men behind the ball.

Better off judging Gomez by the 41 goals he scored last season, including 12 in the Champions League.

He's Shearer level of good.

Spot on T4E.

the two played in 2006, that is some World Cup game and the two should be considered rivals, therefore, I see it as looking even. Lots of cards in that match, basically I think it'd be called a dirty game.

Except for the 2004 Euro, Germany seems to always be in the thick of the Euro and World Cup.

2 teams of 11 players chase after the ball for 90 minutes and at the end the German team wins or however exactly Gary Lineker said it.

The Dutch must improve a lot to beat Portugal by two. The point was they still have a chance in their own hands (or would the Germans prefer the Danes qualify and not win) to qualify. They actually could be a mentaly strong side if qualify like that.

Archived